Avoiding controversy

Have just read a topic about travellers and their slaves.

Now,personaqlly I think there is a bit more to this story that will come out later. It certainly has nothing to do with the government trying to curry favour with the public and the Dale Farm evictions.

I ama surprisedd that this topic has not been addressed on here. Are folk afraid to express their views? Or are the mods trying to avoid conflict btwn members and are censoring comment.

I guess I'll find out soon.

My view on the Dale farm evictions.

1. How can they be traverllers when they've been sat there for 10 yrs?

2. Why have they built chalets to live in when they can't live in "bricks and mortar" ?

3. These are irish travellers. Why aren't they heading back to Eire?

4. What culture are they trying to protect?

5. Why are Basildon council being accused of Racism?

My answwers or comments to the above are.

They are not travellers and bring shame on the true gypsy/romany

They are deliberately trying to build their own community away from society and avoiding any form of integration with mainstream communities. They want all of the benefits of our ways but none of the responsibilities.

We harp on about Poles/slovaks/Croatians etc and yet we say nothing of the Irish immigrants that have been plying their trades on the mainland for centuries.

However I do not believe that their "culture" and way of life they are trying to protect is something that we should be considering. What about the culture and way of life of the residents? Isn't this a case of the minority demanding concessions at the expense of the majority?

This case has been going on for 10 yrs. Potentially through three council elections. No councillor would be putting his seat at risk by not addressing the concerns of his constituents. Therefore the council is doing what the electorate have asked them to do. This means that the majority of the inhabitants in the area want the site to be removed in line with the law of this land.

This is not racism this it is about a basic principle of planning law in which most of us abide by.

If you do not like our laws or do not abide by them when we allow you into our country then you should consider going somewhere where you can act in a way that suits you and be damned to others.................. I suspect that you wont find anywhere.

Do not complain when you have flouted the laws and have incurred the anger of others by your actions,please do not insult my intelligence by suggesting that you are being racially victimised and please do not pretend to be Christian to invoke some sympathy in good law abiding citizens.

Or is this all a subject that politcally correct Britain chooses to avoid in case they are branded as racist?

Non abusive comments welcome.

Abusive comments considered and rejected

Caravanning ning

Swampy

a lost soul living in a fish bowl year after year

• Like 7

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have just read a topic about travellers and their slaves. Now,personaqlly I think there is a bit more to this story that will come out later. It certainly has nothing to do with the government trying

Swampy long time no type!   What I find hard to understand was a statement I heard on a programme last night by a resident on Dale Farm   "We can't live in houses, it's like a prison" I know it's

little bit of jealousy here bud,the stupid traveller has a bmw and you dont.the irish immigrant plying his trade is called work,maybe you dont do that.

Bugger that bollocks Swampy, where's your input on the Rugby World Cup thread? :cry: It's full of Englishmen speaking common sense, we need some delusions of grandeur from rabidly optimistic England fans.. It's not the same without them, it's all too damn civilised... :doh::laugh:

Fek me !

I suspect that your comments are aimed at provoking a response that would cause animosity between our great nation and the west of England you call Wales.

As I understand it Martin Johnson has apologised for not including Shane Williams in the "midget throwing team" on the grounds that the other midgets sais he had an unfair advantage by being smaller than them! That should be an end to it!

It is also not true that England will be parqding the world cup through the streets of Swamsea on their return.................It'll be Cardiff and its only so that you guys can finally get a closer look at it as you wont get the chance agqain!

rgds

Swampy

Imperialisticning

Edited by Swampy

I did post an article on this subject a while back. I'm sure everyone is aware when certain travelers decide to settle into an area they bully the Village people and even intimidate the local bill so who's going to stop them. Brute force and a willingness to go to prison beats out reasoning and logic it seems. There is a large camp in my Village and the locals knows who to avoid if they want to keep their teeth. When the travelers were told to leave they won the appeal and were given a grant to improve the look of their site. Of course they got a nice high fence all the way around and brand new cars. :blink: I called the local authority when all the travelers were driving new bmw's leaving the engines running while double parked to get packs of fags from the shops. I was told the funds were monitored and did not go towards the cars. I guess that's why they got a nice high fence so we couldn't see all the things they stole so they could afford the cars. :laugh: I don't know any travelers and I'm sure they are not all like that but just like us it only takes a few to make a bad reputation for the rest. :yes:

I did post an article on this subject a while back. I'm sure everyone is aware when certain travelers decide to settle into an area they bully the Village people and even intimidate the local bill so who's going to stop them. Brute force and a willingness to go to prison beats out reasoning and logic it seems. There is a large camp in my Village and the locals knows who to avoid if they want to keep their teeth. When the travelers were told to leave they won the appeal and were given a grant to improve the look of their site. Of course they got a nice high fence all the way around and brand new cars. :blink: I called the local authority when all the travelers were driving new bmw's leaving the engines running while double parked to get packs of fags from the shops. I was told the funds were monitored and did not go towards the cars. I guess that's why they got a nice high fence so we couldn't see all the things they stole so they could afford the cars. :laugh: I don't know any travelers and I'm sure they are not all like that but just like us it only takes a few to make a bad reputation for the rest. :yes:

so your a grass :yes:

Swampy long time no type! :D

What I find hard to understand was a statement I heard on a programme last night by a resident on Dale Farm

"We can't live in houses, it's like a prison" I know it's their choice and their culture but....... :laugh:

On the fencing...

• Like 2

little bit of jealousy here bud,the stupid traveller has a bmw and you dont.the irish immigrant plying his trade is called work,maybe you dont do that.

Hahaha, it wasn't just one it was at least 5 brand new high end cars and IF I was a grass I would have given out names instead of just asking where the money was going to and if they were following up on it :laugh: It sounds like a few nerves have been touched and if I can uncover some thieves then call me a grass. I'll wear the badge proudly. You can wear the numbers on your prison suit :tongue2:

ON THE SUBJECT OF KEEPING SLAVE LABOUR ........

WELL ,..... I KNOW A COUPLE OF LOCAL LADS THAT ENDED UP IN FRANCE AWHILE AGO TARMACING ETC WITH THE TRAVELLERS , HE WASNT PAID , KEPT IN SHIT CONDITIONS , BULLIED AND HAD THEIR PASSPORTS TAKEN ......

LUCKILY THESE LADS WERE SENT FOR A LOAD OF TARMAC AND WENT STRAIGHT TO THE CAMP , KICKED A TRAILER DOOR IN AND GOT WHAT BELONGED TO THEM AND HEADED FOR DOVER IN THE WAGON .......

THE TRAVELLERS WERE THROWN OUT OF FRANCE SHORTLY AFTER AND THEIR TARMACING EQUIPMENT CONFISCATED ....GOOD ENOUGH FOR THEM I SAY , MORE OF THE LIKE SHOULD HAPPEN HERE ......

OH AND BY THE WAY ..... THESE WERENT IRISH TRAVELLERS !!!

PERSONALLY WHAT BOILS MY PISS IS ,,,,,,

SEEING KIDS IN THEIR LATE TEENS WITH BRAND NEW TRANSITS , TRAILERS AND CARS ..... THAT SUPPOSEDLY MAKE A LIVING BEING A TREE SURGEON , ??????

THEY HAVE 80K WORTH OF GEAR AND THEY CANNOT GET A LOAN ........WHO ARE THEY TRYING TO KID ?????

THE SAME FOOLS WANDER AROUND WITH THE SAME LEYLANDI BRANCHES , DEAD AND BROWN ON THEIR TRUCKS FOR MONTHES ,

YEAH MATE YOU MAKE A GOOD LIVING BEING A GARDENER !!

IT DOESNT TAKE A GENIUS TO SEE WHAT MANY ARE SELLING

DUCKWING