what would you do??

Bought a patterdale a few month ago,previous let him go due to him biting,he was a family pet.But had apparently been bred out of nick stevens stuff.1st time i had him out on a call out,let the older dog mark ,let my dog have a lookand he wanted to go so i let him in,0.6,dog did really well so was suited with him.took him home to shower and bathe him,he got on couch and when i went to get him off he bit me.2nd dig 1 meter deep ,broke through to dog,tried pulling him out,and it was like trying to pull a crocodile out!! 3rd dig broke through to a pals dog,let my dog have a look dog did well pulled him out no bother,no growling or biting,but since then he's bit my neighbour and my son!

nothing else to run on this season,would you persevere or get rid??

thanks lads all opinions gratefully received .

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the way i see it is imagine it would have bitten your son in the face???your running the risk of it keeping the dog,any of my dogs show aggression towards me or my family its good night vienna.

Heres a dog i had to put to sleep last season, i had just bolted one with him and had dug him again at three foot or so, when i broke through there was two tubes coming away full of shite. I passed th

Posted Images

Had a bitch like that once. Only she was a wee c..t for scrapping when I was getting them on the leads for a walk. Always boning the other terriers. When I broke it up she tasted me and I sent her the message that I wasnt too pleased about it. Great wee digging bitch very game and always worked very tight to her game. Same thing happened two weeks later only I was ready for finishing her off out the back and for some reason I just didn't bother. Rung a fella explained the situation and that id 3 kids I wouldn't trust her round and he came And got her. He Reckons there's not a bitch in the country thy would fill her boots, he still has her to this day... I met him at a show and he asked me to get another one like her for him ha ha. I still work her half brother great wee grafter too and totally different nature. Funny thing is that fella didn't mention the bitch ever biting anyone. To me, I know different though. I got talking to a friend of his and he said he opened the door of the van one day to lift a terrier out of a box and the bitch was running free in the van. As he bent down she lunged out of nowhere and boned him right on the top of the head !!!!!! IMO I wudnt have a dog like that about me. But to be honest I suppose if you got f..k all else to work it's your call. I just wasn't in that position so it was an easy decision for me when I look back........atb.....MUDD......

still undecided mate trying to get a good digging dog like hens feet thanks for replys lads

the way i see it is imagine it would have bitten your son in the face???your running the risk of it keeping the dog,any of my dogs show aggression towards me or my family its good night vienna.

• Like 3

I dont think anyone can blame you for wanting to try to put up with this bad trait the dog seems to have. Lads with a number of dogs can cull as they wish but lads with just one dog have a more difficult decision. But for fucks sake treat the dog like a loaded weapon because he sounds fecking liability.

Might be worth seeing a behaviourist or similar if the dogs gotta be around people.

Personally, only dog or not I think I would grow tired of being snapped at fast and be reaching for the 410 in anger!

• Like 1