fox control terrier work or shooting

Stalking in to a fox on an early morning or through the day with someone spying from a distance and telling you if foxy has moved or not through a radio is an amazing buzz! Doesnt happen often but when it does its good crack! Foxy has a fair chance of getting away aswell! However Lamping is where most success i have however i still love working a terrier too. But snares has to be the most effective working 24hours a day.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i think myself a good pack of beagles and a pack of good lurchers is best.If there is is a few covers there then most likely they ill be in the cover during the day .Its hard enough the find the fox i

Some interesting claims. It seems some people assume shooting Foxes only started after the ban on hunting with dogs. Foxes were shot with rifles and shotguns (and snared, gassed, trapped etc) long bef

You're wrong there! I bet there's a lot of rifle lads besides me who enjoy other forms of Foxing too. IMO it's every man to his chosen sport, and we should all be supportive of each other as long as

Think combination off all 3, snaring, terriers and lamping will help, I do a lot off lamping and so far since being at this job from start off june have had 38 foxes, mostly lamping, but I do enjoy the den time watching the terriers work and getting vixen and cubs then back at night for the dog. Suppose everyone has there own ways off sorting out the foxes

what about for sport though, where is the sport in shooting? i have to say watching a dog run a fox wins for me. i have never dug as much as i want to no one i know does it. (sorry if this is irelivent but thats my opinon :))

didnt even realised youd ran more then 1 fox

dnt stand up for the rifle plz lads. them boys coulcnt give 2 fucks for us lot. good gun pack nd terriers for me everytime good fun :thumbs:

You're wrong there! I bet there's a lot of rifle lads besides me who enjoy other forms of Foxing too.

IMO it's every man to his chosen sport, and we should all be supportive of each other as long as everything's done right.

After all, the antis and the ill informed spout enough shit and lies about all forms of hunting, without any of us having a go.

Edited by kenny14
  • Like 2

dnt stand up for the rifle plz lads. them boys coulcnt give 2 fucks for us lot. good gun pack nd terriers for me everytime good fun :thumbs:

You're wrong there! I bet there's a lot of rifle lads besides me who enjoy other forms of Foxing too.

IMO it's every man to his chosen sport, and we should all be supportive of each other as long as everything's done right.

After all, the antis and the ill informed spout enough shit and lies about all forms of hunting, without any of us having a go.

Good points there that will unfortunately fall on deaf ears for some.....some folk are just pig ignorant in there views....... :thumbs:

Good points there that will unfortunately fall on deaf ears for some.....some folk are just pig ignorant in there views....... :thumbs:

Never were truer words spoken Lab. But never mind. It's how I've always felt, and hopefully always will :yes: .

Never were truer words spoken Lab. But never mind. It's how I've always felt, and hopefully always will :yes: .

Thats exactly the way i see things too. I have done most aspects of the hunting world but one i have yet to do is go to a dig. I will see it some day....... :thumbs:

Thats exactly the way i see things too. I have done most aspects of the hunting world but one i have yet to do is go to a dig. I will see it some day....... :thumbs:

I've done most forms over the years, and though I've not kept terriers myself for a long while, I still enjoy watching terrier work, as long as someone else does most of the digging! LOL.

I'd also still enjoy watching a good course by a lurcher on a Fox too (if it were legal that is ;) ).

THE NORTH AMERICAN BUFFOLOW ROAMED IN MILLIONS ACROSS THE PLANES white men shot them to near exstinction the rifle has no eqaul sitting in a 4x4 has no skill , in some cases its valid end of , all depends on your own needs to controll or wipe out , in that case gas every thing , or have some respect , see sitting on a quad with a spinner feeding 10's of thousands of pheasants and shooting fox at night with night vis dont make a keeper but thats just my opinion , to hunt a fox and use terriers for me after all this is the terrier section STIG :icon_eek:

• Like 2

all im reading is cull cull cull..... jaysus there will be no foxes left at this rate...already seeing a massive decline in my area because of trigger happy rifle men sitting in camo gear in a warm jeep smoking roll ups and drinking red bull...... hunting to me aint all egotistical killing... these rifle men wouldnt know how to hunt a terrier let alone get out of there warm jeeps even to lift the cat size cubs that they have just blasted and drove on...... yes granted in chicken areas or estates or shoots most have to be culled even when they are dug but for me if i just out trying burrows and drop on 1 then he will 100% be let go to run on ...at the end of the day my buzz always has and always will be breaking through to any mans terrier and the wee dog in full flight work mode.....not see eyes pull the trigger and drive on......mustnt be getting any of the wives when they always out lamping foxes way rifles tut tut ...... each to there own stop.end

• Like 1

after all this is the terrier section STIG :icon_eek:

hardly the crime of the century ...

never said that just there is no comparison , the fox due to the ban has been put under

more presure than this creature has ever known , he is rilfled , driven to guns lamped , nite vision, need i go on , there is no close season foook i sound like an anti :laugh: vulpus is now the target of every one with a rifle

and a gun all down to personal opinions mine dont include the rifle not saying i aint done it as some on here know i have in some cases its the only option , ITS CLINICAL KILLING OF A CREATURE THAT HAS MY RESPECT THATS ALL STIG , AND I LIKE TO HUNT HIM WITH DOGS :thumbs: