.243 Whats your preference??...

yeah im pretty set on the rifle now tried a couple including a remi and the howa strikes me as a solid quality rifle and always been swayed towards the wildcat mod! so its just the scope to sort.

It's probably obvious, but one bit of advice before you choose a scope is to check its low light performance. The image clarity of some scopes can be brilliant in good daylight, but drops drastically once the light starts to fade.

Hope you get a good un :thumbs: .

I looked at a Howa and a Browning A Bolt but went with the A Bolt purely for the loading. Floorplate AND a box mag - best of both worlds.

It's topped off with a Schmidt and Bender 6x42 and a Wildcat Pred 8 Mod. I got lucky with the scope and got a great deal on it second hand but I have a Leupold FX-III on my LR and wouldn't hesitate to put that on the .243.

As said above the Meopta's are cracking scopes too, there's one on the BBS at the mo for £200

Howa 1500 / Predator 8 mod / and only had enough cash left for a Nikko Stirling Nighteater,which turned out not to be too bad for money,i know theres loads out there better but it will do me for now till i save for a new one,rifle accurate and silencer quiet, trigger came in at 5lb pull so had that sorted straight away,hope you get what you want.

pipcock

post-14609-0-92672700-1315948509.jpg

Howa 1500 / Predator 8 mod / and only had enough cash left for a Nikko Stirling Nighteater,which turned out not to be too bad for money,i know theres loads out there better but it will do me for now till i save for a new one,rifle accurate and silencer quiet, trigger came in at 5lb pull so had that sorted straight away,hope you get what you want.

pipcock

I've just adjusted the trigger on mine too. I didn't really mind the pull as it was, but after adjusting it down, I find it better still.

pipcock

Just the job! i do light the green stock seems like the pred 8 and 1500

are a good combo just cant decide on scope!!!

Got a weatherby vanguard 243 with leupold 3-9x50 scope, with wildcat mod, does the job for me, only thing don't like is trigger is na best and can't get it adjusted anymore than already is

i know what your saying,mine came in at 5lb pull out of the box ,i sent mine off and had it set down to 3lb ,made a big difference,i think they do a kit for yours (rimfire magic) http://www.rimfiremagic.co.uk/trigger_kits.html , not sure if its the right one though,pipcock

Edited by pipcock

pipcock

Just the job! i do light the green stock seems like the pred 8 and 1500

are a good combo just cant decide on scope!!!

thats always the hard one,but it was easy for me cus i was skint after buying rifle ,mod :laugh:

Got a weatherby vanguard 243 with leupold 3-9x50 scope, with wildcat mod, does the job for me, only thing don't like is trigger is na best and can't get it adjusted anymore than already is

i know what your saying,mine came in at 5lb pull out of the box ,i sent mine off and had it set down to 3lb ,made a big difference,i think they do a kit for yours (rimfire magic) http://www.rimfirema...igger_kits.html , not sure if its the right one though,pipcock

Okay cheers for that will have a look. The trouble I had was that when adjusted for start I couldn't get the safety to then work, was permantly on, no use so he adjusted but still na happy with it, although have got use to it but would like it down a bit