Working Wheatons and Glens....

Looking for anybody with working wheatons or Glens. Needing some info on style of work and size. Not interested in hearing about pets or show dogs and how they act like workers. I need them for hole dogs in the states for coyotes and the big boy. We have a year round season here on them and instead of crossing up my own mix of patterdale, staffy, airedale, jagd, whatever, I would like to try a purebred dog that has been used for a long time on "big game". Any help appreciated.

Nate

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this dog has seen plenty of game, i have many a picture but i dont want to get myself banned from the site so i ned to respect the rules.......anyway heres a few pictures of him...coming on for about 2 and half three years old now. Not my dog but my friends, these dogs are by far the best drawing dog in my opinion......

P1010087.jpg

P6020114.jpg

P6020112.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest grubygrafter

proper dogs. :clapper: i really like the wheatens would have one in a minute if i had the work for it.

from what i gather there are very few about and if you take away the show stuff and the crossbreds

they must be rare indeed thanks for the pics lads :D just a wee question how many folk have wheatens

that dont have bull in them. the sire of my first cross had bull in it .and by the the look of them pics one or two of them look like they may have bull in there background. :hmm: are there pure wheatens strains left?

ozzy.

not the fastest but a dog with many uses :icon_eek: without the working wheaten there would be no decent

wheaten lurchers. and i would not want anything else now :clapper:

Guest grubygrafter

hi boots ozzy is just what i expected from a first cross wheaten. he is not what most lurcher boys would want

and a little slow :( what he loses in speed he makes up for in other ways :D and is a true alround diehard in every sense of the word . he gives 100% at everything he does. the pics i have are a bit dated as he has filled out a little . and took to the terrier more than the whippet. he is a lurcher tailored for the terrierman

and is the most robust dog i have ever owned . and like captain scarlet. he is the indestuctable dog :D maybe one day i will have the pleasure off owning a pure wheaten. :thumbs-up:

good hunting to you

here is my first irish working dog shamus:laugh: :laugh::laugh: what is he?

Edited by grubygrafter