Can it be done

TOMO I get what your saying but a hare getting out the beam doesnt make it a good or hard hare. Keeping a hare in the lamp does not make it easier unless its a mug then the dog should kill it quick anyway. As for hedges a decent dog shouldnt need a hedge, I personly dont rate a dog untill it starts to kill in the open on any type of game.

GOOD you get what im saying,, thats an end to it then,,

I didnt say I agreed :laugh:

Easier no more EFFECTIVE yes.

A motor uncovers the wankers quicker in both game and dogs.

100% spot on

What time is it ?

bed time

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ive seen a wild red that would be about as big as they come taken with two dogs on the edge of the new forest, i have also taken 15 outta 15 hares on the plains and quiet a few 10 outta 10 with the s

i heard his dad can stop a hare in full flight,with a well aimed brogue

i was there i saw both the pups in question take 19 hares between them,they missed maybe 6 each,but if you dont think it can be done,i am sure the owner of the pups would show you,or maybe yous could

Posted Images

TOMO I get what your saying but a hare getting out the beam doesnt make it a good or hard hare. Keeping a hare in the lamp does not make it easier unless its a mug then the dog should kill it quick anyway. As for hedges a decent dog shouldnt need a hedge, I personly dont rate a dog untill it starts to kill in the open on any type of game.

GOOD you get what im saying,, thats an end to it then,,

I didnt say I agreed :laugh:

Easier no more EFFECTIVE yes.

A motor uncovers the wankers quicker in both game and dogs.

100% spot on

What time is it ?

bed time

:laugh: :laugh:

so over the years breeding to improve the strain and all that what are the dogs bred from blue capable of today,have they improved or gone backwards,all these big bags seem to be years ago ,is the strain still producing dogs capable of 110 rabbits single handed, and 27 hares single handed ,are any cabable of red deer sh .or with improvement are they catching bigger bags,i know this dog caught a lot of stuff but not as much as victor said he was allways bullshiting about that dog,but it helped stud fee and pup prices i supose.

there has been better dogs that were bred out of blue, that put alot more game away than Blue..this was back in the late 80's early 90's imo..

Nowadays with the ban and alot more folk going lamping its a bit harder to come across the same numbers

As for Blue killing 27 hares in a night single handed that is defo not true! First i've ever heard of it!

Edited by frankel
  • Like 1

many years ago seen with my own eyes minshaws blue catch 27 in one night single handed and probably would have still ran a few more

never

lancer no need to lie dont keep minshaw dogs never have went out 3 times with victor 20 years ago seen that blue do 27 hares yes small fields but middle of winter not leverets all single handed second time out went to penrith watched the same dog do 112 rabbits in one night single handed third time out watched same dog pull several hares 3 foxes and 2 red deer like i said that dog was the best ive seen in 30 years dont think ill see another like it ever again

here you go frankel this is what taz said erlier in this thread

Cheers Tomo, :thumbs:

i know alot of lads who have witnessed Blue run and they know minshaw very well and ive asked about and they have never heard of it doing 27 hares single handed.. They all said the same thing as me, the best night up our way for hares was with 2 dogs and it was 28..and there was only vic and one other guy and 2 dogs ( Blue & Nipper)

Edited by frankel

is there game out there to be killed like it was 20-30 year ago...i know alot of the places i go hold no were near the amount they did 10 years ago, and lads that went on them previous killed bigger bags than i have..some people are lucky enough to regular access to huge amounts of rabbits and hares..in my eyes these guys are like millionares :yes: very lucky....

many years ago seen with my own eyes minshaws blue catch 27 in one night single handed and probably would have still ran a few more

never

lancer no need to lie dont keep minshaw dogs never have went out 3 times with victor 20 years ago seen that blue do 27 hares yes small fields but middle of winter not leverets all single handed second time out went to penrith watched the same dog do 112 rabbits in one night single handed third time out watched same dog pull several hares 3 foxes and 2 red deer like i said that dog was the best ive seen in 30 years dont think ill see another like it ever again

so whats this post about????? this one is even better...it must be some dog ya spoof whistling.gif

think ya need to read up on this dog before ya open ya mouth gobshite

did ,and still beleive your a lier ,no dog is that good , so :feck: your hole

MAY BE THE 100 MARK HIS STILL IN A LOT OF DOGS MORE UP NORTH,, THEY ARE DEFFO EASYER,,ADD 51 WITH A PUP,OTHER NITE,,,AT TO POACH THE GROUND, SO A TIMR LIMIT ,, AFTER MID NITE, THE NITE HIS SLIPING AWAY,, /// IFF GOT STUCK IN SOON AS IT GOT DARK WITH PERMISION, THE BAG WUD BE BIGGER,,, AND WHATS MORE WHEN MINSHAW DONE THIS THEY WAS 10 TIMES THE AMOUNT OF RABBITS BACK THEN,,,WERE I MITE GET 5 OUT OF 1 FEILD HE MITE OF GOT 10,,,TIMES HAVE CHANGED NOT JUST THE DOGS,,,,

• Like 1

How different is it really up north. I've lamp as far north as derby and Macclesfield and didn't find the rabbits much easier ....... These were mainly cattle farms.

I have seen videos of dogs on up north land picking rabbit after rabbit from long clumpy grass, most hardly ran.

Cornish rabbits run fast, but are real slow going to ground and seem to get real lost when other rabbits would just go to ground.