Can it be done

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ive seen a wild red that would be about as big as they come taken with two dogs on the edge of the new forest, i have also taken 15 outta 15 hares on the plains and quiet a few 10 outta 10 with the s

i heard his dad can stop a hare in full flight,with a well aimed brogue

i was there i saw both the pups in question take 19 hares between them,they missed maybe 6 each,but if you dont think it can be done,i am sure the owner of the pups would show you,or maybe yous could

Posted Images

Don't know about the rabbit or hares but do know red can be taken with a dog. Not taken the big stags but hinds and small stags

Nobody said you cant take them they are a hard task and take some pulling even the hinds can go on and drag a dog a way,when you say a small stag by what weight do you call a small red stag and how many dogs have you seen on one ? and to be honest i thought this thread was about taking large numbers of hares :thumbs:

I've seen a deerhound cross greyhound bitch that was around 26 inches to the shoulder (I never measured her, is an estimation) take red as a regular occurence but she was something special. A small stag is as I've said 80-120 lbs, I've owned and seen dogs take red by themselves and living on the edge of exmoor its something I've always wanted in a dog. I believe its something the dog learns eventually, I have however seen large hinds and decent size stags drag 3 dogs away like they where not thereAtb 123456

Fella a small red stag is way above that weight a small red hind is even above that weight i would even class a small fallow buck above that weight,i dont know where you have ever seen a red stag at 80-120lbs a male red at that weight would be very very young indeed and thats just wrong putting a dog on one at that age anyway

Don't know about the rabbit or hares but do know red can be taken with a dog. Not taken the big stags but hinds and small stags

Nobody said you cant take them they are a hard task and take some pulling even the hinds can go on and drag a dog a way,when you say a small stag by what weight do you call a small red stag and how many dogs have you seen on one ? and to be honest i thought this thread was about taking  large numbers of hares :thumbs:

I've seen a deerhound cross greyhound bitch that was around 26 inches to the shoulder (I never measured her, is an estimation) take red as a regular occurence but she was something special. A small stag is as I've said 80-120 lbs, I've owned and seen dogs take red by themselves and living on the edge of exmoor its something I've always wanted in a dog. I believe its something the dog learns eventually, I have however seen large hinds and decent size stags drag 3 dogs away like they where not thereAtb 123456

Fella a small red stag is way above that weight a small red hind is even above that weight i would even class a small fallow buck above that weight,i dont know where you have ever seen a red stag at 80-120lbs a male red at that weight would be very very young indeed and thats just wrong putting a dog on one at that age anyway

sorry I'm not making myself clear, I was always taught to talk about deer in regards to dressed weight for e.g I'd say a roe is 30-60 lbs

I KNOW FOR DEFF M BRICKS HAS ADD BG RED WITH KAT A HANDFULL OF TIMES,,

jim,, behave,,, he put a pic up one night on hunters united of a red,,, geus what,,, it was a roe,, he did put some pics up once of two reds,, but they had been shot, and he put the dogs next to them for a wind up on the net.

as for these 19 hares,, its possibly true,, although, they will have been done whilst driving them down,, that being said,, its still takes some staminar to do them,, so fair play if it is true,,,, but he ought to beware,, he fecked the minshaw dog up by giving it to much to soon.

minshaw doing 27,, i dont know, i do know andy has done 27 in one night with two dogs,,, and i think hes done 27 , a couple of times.

ive seen a wild red that would be about as big as they come taken with two dogs on the edge of the new forest,

i have also taken 15 outta 15 hares on the plains and quiet a few 10 outta 10 with the same bitch all in front of members of this site,

i would love to see a dog run 20 hares down here and will take anyone who wants to run them,

i guarentee the hares are waiting to be run would be good to see

• Like 2

jim,, behave,,, he put a pic up one night on hunters united of a red,,, geus what,,, it was a roe,, he did put some pics up once of two reds,, but they had been shot, and he put the dogs next to them for a wind up on the net.

as for these 19 hares,, its possibly true,, although, they will have been done whilst driving them down,, that being said,, its still takes some staminar to do them,, so fair play if it is true,,,, but he ought to beware,, he fecked the minshaw dog up by giving it to much to soon.

minshaw doing 27,, i dont know, i do know andy has done 27 in one night with two dogs,,, and i think hes done 27 , a couple of times.

tomo was it wispa that he f****d. heard he had a big problem with it stalking? I think he started running it to young meself running hares at 6month but each to there own.

tomo was it wispa that he f****d. heard he had a big problem with it stalking? I think he started running it to young meself running hares at 6month but each to there own.

is that true? Running hares with a 6 month PUPPY

THEN AGAIN IT MITE OF BIN THESE 2,, LOL,,, THIS WAS 18 HALF STONE GUTTERD,,, A ONE OFF, NOT MANY FALL TO 1 DOG, THEY MITE IN PENS WHICH IS PISS POOR SPORT, AND SOME,THINK I DONT AGREE WITH,,

That would have been the penned reds on the deer farm that used to be on the edge of Bodmin moor? Nothing heroic about shooting ducks in a barrel............