Family’s pet dog attacked by rat in back garden

see this

i remember someone putting that up ages ago think it was just a pup lot of lads slated the terrier but on the flip side it never turned and run with its tail between its legs did it :thumbs:

Sorry mate I don't think there's any excusing that performance. How old was the dog?

i aint making any excuses i dont know feck all about it was just commenting it been on here before thats all :thumbs:

see this

i remember someone putting that up ages ago think it was just a pup lot of lads slated the terrier but on the flip side it never turned and run with its tail between its legs did it :thumbs:

Sorry mate I don't think there's any excusing that performance. How old was the dog?

i aint making any excuses i dont know feck all about it was just commenting it been on here before thats all :thumbs:

In reality, underground, that is often what happens when a dog sees a fox for the first time. When I used to work terriers pre-ban one of my best dogs acted exactly like that on her first fox after being bit but then returned to earth and bayed and bayed and bayed until cleanly dug or bolted which happened time and time again thereafter. Contrast that with some nutcase fell or lakeland type (not all or the majority) that would pile in, get badly marked and work erratically thereafter. Dogs that start like that can often turn out to be the most useful workers with real longevity.

The rat and staff story made me laugh!! My 16year old half blind semi-toothless russell would have sorted it out in about 2secs flat!!!

Edited by omegathelast
  • Like 2

see this

In reality, underground, that is often what happens when a dog sees a fox for the first time. When I used to work terriers pre-ban one of my best dogs acted exactly like that on her first fox after being bit but then returned to earth and bayed and bayed and bayed until cleanly dug or bolted which happened time and time again thereafter. Contrast that with some nutcase fell or lakeland type (not all or the majority) that would pile in, get badly marked and work erratically thereafter. Dogs that start like that can often turn out to be the most useful workers with real longevity.

The rat and staff story made me laugh!! My 16year old half blind semi-toothless russell would have sorted it out in about 2secs flat!!!

exactly omega....ffs the pup didnt even know what it was lol.... and as another point was made it didnt jump back and shit itself ..... it took the bite for the penny to drop for the wee dog... wonder how that wee dog turned out.... lol but hi all that a side did you see the f****n fast it came out and snaffled him lol.... id love to see how all these hard men on here would react if they were attacked as fast as that????? motha fukin came out way them big delph...and BOOM lol