Angry Farmers?

I seem to be hearing more and more rumours of landowners who apparently will shoot my dog on sight, and give me a slap................For what....a bit of sport? I go out on my own, late at night, don't bother no one.......... I now find myself wary of where I go on my own..........

I guess people have been doing it for years, name of the game and all. Does this happen? Anyone had any hassle? dogs shot?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't get this about back garden, shooting people usually bang on about it. Are you telling me that farmers bought the land like I bought my back garden? Land was taken off the commoner and split i

40 heifers let out on to the main road.... Resulting in 2 that had to be shot.... Pigeon shooters coming on and flattening the wheat so they can put there decoys on... Sheep fence bent down because th

If some prick shoots your dog for no good reason then f*****g man up and sort him out rather than sneaking round like a coward burning straw and smashing stuff

Posted Images

A farmer cant go and shoot your dogs if there is no life stock in the fields so carry on in what you doing mate

Yes he can, quite easily and soon move stock into the field,or stock out because it was worried, whos plod going to belive after all your trespassing with a lurcher and lamp :hmm:

Thinking about it, why would he/she even have to justify there actions if they shot your dog or give you a good kicking in the early hours of the morning?? You are poaching! Dont get caught or give it up and seek counselling

It's a case of the decent folk ending up getting the treatment that the scum probably deserve. . . . . not that i'm advocating any one shooting any dogs. But it's certainly a minority ruining it for others. Well to be fair it's probably a majority now!

Just for the record, no one can 'legally' shoot a dog for trespassing. Only for actively worrying stock, with 'proof', however, like has been said, in a 'their word and yours' situation, it's unlikely you will be believed, especially seeing as you cannot prove a dead dog is stock broken. Threatening to shoot a dog however, if reported, (and they activly did some gun pointing) will see them answering some serious questions. . . .

No farmer is going to risk his shotgun licence shooting a dog, they will have police snooping around and his gun/s will be taken from him until HE can prove 100% that he was within his rights to shoot the dog, all you would have to do is say you were stood close to your dog when he shot it and that you feared for your safety and he gets the book thrown at him. look at the several cases where farmers have fired to scare off thieves, who gets done.....the farmer!

No farmer is going to risk his shotgun licence shooting a dog, they will have police snooping around and his gun/s will be taken from him until HE can prove 100% that he was within his rights to shoot the dog, all you would have to do is say you were stood close to your dog when he shot it and that you feared for your safety and he gets the book thrown at him. look at the several cases where farmers have fired to scare off thieves, who gets done.....the farmer!

and look at the 1000s of cases were dogs that have been(and still do) get shot,who gets done...the dog :thumbs:

Edited by craigyboy
  • Like 1

Not worth the risk,,, being discussed just now over on stalking Directory,,

Farmers can and do shoot dogs,, so do gamekeepers,, (not all,, don`t get carried away) :whistling:

TBH lots of farmers I deal with are f****n mental cases,, as in "a bit not there" :blink: retarded wouldn`t trust them with a catty never mind a gun