deerhound stud

hello , I'm new here on this forum ,I live across the northsea and I own a' galgo' i.e. a spanish greyhound . She is a good dog doing the things she is bred for . She is 6,5 years old and I'm thinking of breeding her with a deerhound .But the trick is to find a deerhound sire , all the deerhound people around don't want their dog being mixed with an other breed. Would anyone know someone in belgium,holland or germany with a deerhound male for stud?

• 3 weeks later...

Galguero,

You speak Dutch or Spanish? I live across the north sea too and have a working galgo dog.

I would not go for the show deerhounds here as stud. They are just big, too big. And bred for being big and tall and not much else.

If I would breed my galgo for my environment...I would breed with whippet.

IMG_2986.jpg

DSCN1168.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

Edited by Lennard

hoi lennard ,

de deerhound hier is inderdaad veel te groot en onhandig ,vandaar mijn oproep of er vanuit engeland werk deerhounds of deerhound/greyhound kruisingen deze kant op zijn gegaan,voor mij zou de deerhound kruising wel nuttig zijn , veel hei en bos dus snelheid is iets minder belangrijk en ik vind de kruising ook fraai om te zien

Mooie galgo rue trouwens

hello , I'm new here on this forum ,I live across the northsea and I own a' galgo' i.e. a spanish greyhound . She is a good dog doing the things she is bred for . She is 6,5 years old and I'm thinking of breeding her with a deerhound .But the trick is to find a deerhound sire , all the deerhound people around don't want their dog being mixed with an other breed. Would anyone know someone in belgium,holland or germany with a deerhound male for stud?

hi mate dave platts of liester england has pure working dh excuse my spelling not very good at it

hi mate dave platts of liester england has pure working dh excuse my spelling not very good at it

but does dave work he pure deerhounds the vertict still out ,on he even works he,s deerhound x nevermind he pures

the galgos ive saw dont need pure deerhound wouldnt do them justice saw several in u s a good dogs if anything a good stag hound of wheaton cross a good galgo is as good as a saluki cross , be careful and only breed of dogs that do the bizness in feild or fen on hares roe etc as thats what they are bred for , hope you find a good deerhond cross mate but tread careful

but does dave work he pure deerhounds the vertict still out ,on he even works he,s deerhound x nevermind he pures

sin plenty of picks of him working his dogs mate when i went to get mine and they whernt all old pick quite a few new picks ther

sin plenty of picks of him working his dogs mate when i went to get mine and they whernt all old pick quite a few new picks ther

I JUST CAN,T SEE SOMEONE WITH ALL THE DOGS CAN KEEP THEM ALL WORKED UNLESS HE JUST WORKS A FEW AND BREEDS OF THE REST ??

• Like 1

I JUST CAN,T SEE SOMEONE WITH ALL THE DOGS CAN KEEP THEM ALL WORKED UNLESS HE JUST WORKS A FEW AND BREEDS OF THE REST ??

[bANNED TEXT] i got mine he only had 4 and 2 pures so its not that many i have 4 and work all of them