Hi,

I was refused my SGC bout 2 years ago saying I had an underlying trend for excess alcohol consumption.. He took into accoung the following :

2003 - Drink Driving conviction

2003 - arrest for 2 public order offences (as bound over for 12 months at court)

2007 - caution for section 47 assault

I also put the local pub landlady down as my reference which maybe didnt help much

I as advised by basc to give it a while and try again... I have joined a local gun club and have been shooting regular up there and the owner said he would be my referee..

All was looking good untill friday night..... I was arrested after a night out for criminal damage and breach of the peace.... spent the night in the cells and was released in the monrning with nothing more said about the matter.. No conviction, no warning, nothing... Is that likely to have an effect on my next application?

Thanks

Shaun

Unfortunately I will guarentee they will bring it up.

You may be correct in saying it cant be used as a means of refusal, but it will not help one bit. Especially as they refused you before

Edited by M.I.A
  • Like 1

if there was no action on behalf of the police ie. caution or fixed penalty then you would not need to put it down on your application and they couldnt bring it up a means of refusal as no action was taken

Great stuff.... I just woke up in the morning and the custody seargant took my prints and pic & gave me my things and showed me the door... Didnt even get an interview... Think I jut had to sleep off the beer I had drunk....

Although the 2 police that nicked me were right T**TS.. They were wragging me about in the back of the car twisting my cuffs, smashing my head off the door and allsorts, said I was resisting arrest... Quite how sitting there in cuffs ment i was resisting is beyond me... One of them pinned me down and said "i will make sure u never get your sgc" I mentioned all this to the custody seargent in the morning and after putting me back in cell for all of 3 minutes after my prints had been taken he sent me home.. Wonder if that was to shut me up??

They know everything about you mate, they knew stuff about me that i could bearly remember myself!!! That will defo come up !! Dont want to put a downer on things, but dont think it will be granted, as you know west yorkshire police are quite strict and with all your other mistameners relating to alcohol i pretty much it will be declined again. I think if you had kept your nose clean up until your next application you would of been ok.

Hope im wrong mate and best of luck. Hope to see you up at Yorkgate one Sunday.

You have told us of some offencees you commited in 2003 and 2007 and now a new lock-up in 2011.

8 year span of alcohol, violence, assault.

Thankfully you will not get your hands on shotgun or firearms for a long time, and by then you may well have matured and calmed down and be thought of as a responsible adult, maybe.

i was turned down 5 years ago for having a public order offence but thankfully growing up and acting accordingly i know have my fac and shotgun that came with a letter telling me that any incident that comes to the police attention will automatically revoke my licsense so it is a case of if you cant be responisible then it only right you cant have guns

If you want the SGC that bad why don't you sort out your other issues and make some effort. From what you have said you don't deserve to have a SGC. Why would you even think that you should be allowed one. The shooting sports are getting enough stick as it is without allowing people who can not control their own actions to have a gun.

Hi,

I was refused my SGC bout 2 years ago saying I had an underlying trend for excess alcohol consumption.. He took into accoung the following :

2003 - Drink Driving conviction

2003 - arrest for 2 public order offences (as bound over for 12 months at court)

2007 - caution for section 47 assault

I also put the local pub landlady down as my reference which maybe didnt help much

I as advised by basc to give it a while and try again... I have joined a local gun club and have been shooting regular up there and the owner said he would be my referee..

All was looking good untill friday night..... I was arrested after a night out for criminal damage and breach of the peace.... spent the night in the cells and was released in the monrning with nothing more said about the matter.. No conviction, no warning, nothing... Is that likely to have an effect on my next application?

Thanks

Shaun

In short - yes. How much it affects it will depend on the circumstances. The fact that you weren't charged goes in your favour. However, as a matter of law the police can only issue a cert if they are satisfied that the applicant;

'....can be permitted to possess a shot gun without danger to the public safety or to the peace.

I think that you would be seriously struggling to meet that criteria at the moment, to be honest.

J.

if there was no action on behalf of the police ie. caution or fixed penalty then you would not need to put it down on your application and they couldnt bring it up a means of refusal as no action was taken

Oh yes they could, and they will. The fact that no further action was taken is not really relevant for the purposes of getting an SGC/FAC. The Firearms Act was wordedf the way it is in order that convictions were not necessary to make a refusal. The CC has to be satisfied that the applicant does not present a danger to public safety or the peace. If you are constantly getting arrested for disorder, criminal damage and fighting then it's unlikely that he will be able to conclude that you meet that criteria.