bedlington lurchers

beddy grey with splash of whippet, shes 23" tts just under 7 months and really big boned, hard as nails and been easy too train, not done much with her just socializing etc. seems too lose self control when another dog approaches her with the wrong body language but shes getting better, only time will tell if she will do what she was bred too do, pick the breeding correctly and a good beddy x will do anything you want prey drive is nuts and will plow into anything, not the brainiest of crosses at all though and they tire pretty quick but will kill as many foxes as you put under there nose

post-55652-0-43392200-1315042497_thumb.jpg

post-55652-0-52723700-1315042521.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Probably the same place everybody gets their 'genuine tested' bull terrier blood from in a large % of bull cross matings - Thin air..

beddy grey with splash of whippet, shes 23" tts just under 7 months and really big boned, hard as nails and been easy too train, not done much with her just socializing etc. seems too lose self contro

where do all the good bedlingtons come from to breed all these lurchers ,must be hard to find a working bedlington.

Posted Images

sounds great were do you get them like that my mates one yipped didnt have pace for a fast rabb or hare and acted like a terrier another mate had one fast as hell couldnt read its qaurry never took a bend out the qauury just ran like a fast furry whippet ,ata race track even as app we used to walk beach my pup watched him cut the corners took him out this thing ran like a track dog ,i would love to see areal good beddie as an allrounder mate

beddy grey with splash of whippet, shes 23" tts just under 7 months and really big boned, hard as nails and been easy too train, not done much with her just socializing etc. seems too lose self control when another dog approaches her with the wrong body language but shes getting better, only time will tell if she will do what she was bred too do, pick the breeding correctly and a good beddy x will do anything you want prey drive is nuts and will plow into anything, not the brainiest of crosses at all though and they tire pretty quick but will kill as many foxes as you put under there nose

If you pick the breeding correctly like you say, you can also have the brains, add bearded collie.... hope your dog keeps coming on mate, good luck..

Think if you get the right amount of cross you can get brains and stamina.

Have a little beddy x whippet/grey - 22" about 14 months old now

she learns fast, and seems to learn by her mistakes - she came to me at 7 months

had nothing done with her, so have brought her on slowly, she picks most things up with in a day,

shes not the fastest dog out there - but does have the stamina to go all day.

for all you beddy x owners, do you find these dogs are good on catching feather, and do they work cover well?

Have seen some catch feather.

my own does work cover, but shes not very keen on thick brambals(sp)

anything else she will go in to.

Here's my 1st cross Beddy/Whippet. He is 18 months and taking rabbit night and day. Everytime we go out he seems to pick something new up and is keen as mustard on all types of game. His faults are that he is very possesive of his prey and that he tires quickly. I am currently working on both of these faults and am making progress slowly. This winter is going to be the making of him I think.

• Like 1

Mine doing what mine does best.........

photo-1.jpg

Collie/Saluki/Grey x Beddie

Just started her on the lamp last night, very impressed. Stamina and prey drive is good. For a heavy built dog, I am also impressed at her turning ability.

IMG_9110.jpg

cracking bitch mate, sounds a good cross.

ready for this season? :)

atb shaun

• Like 1

SEEN THIS PUP IN ACTION,,,,12MONTH NOW ,,,,GOING TO BE GOOD GRAFTER,,,,MATT DOES HELL OFFALOT OFF HUNTING WITH HIS DOGS

LOVE HIS BESS,,,, SHE IS THE BOLTING RABBIT MASTER,,,,AND STILL RACE ANY LURCHER

Mine doing what mine does best.........

photo-1.jpg

Collie/Saluki/Grey x Beddie

Just started her on the lamp last night, very impressed. Stamina and prey drive is good. For a heavy built dog, I am also impressed at her turning ability.

IMG_9110.jpg

cracking bitch mate, sounds a good cross.

ready for this season? :)

atb shaun

SEEN THIS PUP IN ACTION,,,,12MONTH NOW ,,,,GOING TO BE GOOD GRAFTER,,,,MATT DOES HELL OFFALOT OFF HUNTING WITH HIS DOGS

LOVE HIS BESS,,,, SHE IS THE BOLTING RABBIT MASTER,,,,AND STILL RACE ANY LURCHER

You flatter me Bob.... I just wish they were as quick as yours!! ;)

And yes Shaun, she will out from now on..... working on the lamp, and in a couple of weeks ferreting with her kennel mate... Thanks.

If you pick the breeding correctly like you say, you can also have the brains, add bearded collie.... hope your dog keeps coming on mate, good luck..

correct, but it order pends what you want personally im not a fan of something with collie in it but its just my oppinion, i have seen some good collie x's out there especially when added too beddy crosses or bull crosses but im just not a fan,

and cheers, shes getting better each day to be honest, since a pup shes seen my mates working labrodor bitch as a mother figure and from day one she tried bowling the lab over practising techniques but just bounces off her, but shes finally reeached the height and build too be able too bowl the lab now, fair play too the lab though she gives just as much back!

few pics of some beddy crosses, the first photo is the gandad of my pup and the sire too the second photo, the second photo is the sire too my pup, third photo is my pup at 5 1/2 months old

post-55652-0-06968100-1315224712_thumb.jpg

post-55652-0-75844600-1315224741.jpg

post-55652-0-24240000-1315224923.jpg