THL Meet over, ...till the next one!

Well guys....

I'd like to be the first to say a BIG thanks to Davy (DavyT63) and Chas (Lighthunter) for yet another cracking event and for me, wor kid and Shannon was well worth the 5 hr drive down,even if the weather was a bit hit & miss!!

It was great to see the guys I spoke to from the last one again and also some new faces and no doubt I'll see you all again.

Roll on the next one!!

For those of you who had portraits done I'll be working through them and the other photos tomorrow and will have them up ASAP.

Darryl

p.s.... I managed to misplace my laser illuminator so if anyone came across it and will do the christian thing.... I'd like it back and I'll pay postage if need be!!!!

aye cheers again chas n dave done us proud yet again (even though davy picks on kids) lol every thing was well organised even down to the rain it was good to put face's to names some we alrdy knew and some new faces as well .

there was to comps we had a darts comp on saturday (just between those who camped ) where i got knocked out in the 1st round by SHANNON!! to be honest she walked all over me lol her next round was a little more difficult she was up against davy's son where he stormed in front he was on the bell and shannon was way back still on number 4 but she didnt crack under the pressure and very quickly caught him up and it ended up where they were both on the bell and she rang it on her 2nd shot as the light was fading we dedided to have a 5 man sudden death final were it ended up just davy and shannon left ,,davy came in 1st and shannon 2nd .

the next day was the hft comp the junior section had 8 young guns in it with 1 THL member winning 2nd place

1st place was a young lad with 46 points

2nd place was a young lady SHANNON !! with 45 points

3rd place went to another young lady with 43 points

davy got placed 2nd in the springer class

chas got placed 2nd in the pcp

there was other THL members placed as well but im sorry lads im crap with names but im sure davy will put me right with them ....

but all in all we all had plenty laughs plenty beer and plenty bloody rain

atb gary

Well what else can be added to above posts ....it was another great meet and i applaud :clapper: you guys who came from some distance to support Chaz & Dave.

thanks to Mike for the Mobile Fridge to keep all our beers cold :drinks:

and thank you to everyone that was there, it was a great meet :good:

and to Chaz :toast: well done mate and Davy well what can be said that has not already been said at the meet reference the dart competition :censored: lol

Hopefully see you all again at the next one ....dont forget get there early on Friday, and then i wont be the one to lead Davy :angel: astray drinking early :yahoo:

from O.A.P :whistling:

Dave

As above,

For all the lads and Lasses who made the Meet :cheers: , You couldn't meet a Nicer Bunch of people, Great to meet Old faces and new ones, I placed 3rd Gary :boogie: in the PCP,

Which im happy with as i've only had the Rapid Since June, Not Bad eh Millsy & Andyz with there Gaystate Rifles and Pink feathers :thumbs: , And we gave the Target Tart's a good run

for their Money, Well done Chas on coming Second Excellant shooting Bud, And Davy the Bully and Fellow long range firebird target shooter 2 shots 2 kills Bud :D .

Cheers Mike for the Fridge for the Beers, And the Marinated Meat :thumbs: . And Me Mucker Darryl thank's for the Hoodie Bud and that Stunning Rabbit Curry :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: and Good

Eventually to meet Wor Kid Gary ( Festa) ;)

The Meet is getting Bigger and Bigger which is all Down to Chas & Daves Hard Work and a Good bunch of people Up for a Laugh a Beer or Two and a friendly bit of Compition.

regards Daz :diablo:

Its been said above, but what a quality weekend lads, cheers chaz and dave, and every1 who turned up, like gary and darryl, me and smoggy had a 5 hour drive but it was well worth it, even if i did have to put up with constant ribbing from daz about my "D"aystate haha everybody got on really well and im gutted that its over, untill next time boys.....................

Atb peter

• Like 1

Hi every one

Well what can I say, first a big thank you to chaz! Without him I could not have done this!

THANK YOU!! CHAZ

And a big big!! THANK YOU to Adi & Mandy of a&mcustomgunsmiths

http://www.amcustomgunsmiths.com/

For the prizes which all were won by THL members!!

A few top scalps were taken Sunday!

ALSO Thanks!! To Sean & Sharon from old down pursuits

http://www.old-downs-pursuits.co.uk/air-rifle-shooting-hft-ft

For having us! And another great course, set out and some really cleverly placed targets, well done to the both of you!

THANKS!! to Dai AKA blue yonder from (AAOC)

For setting up a separate pistol range!

Thanks! Darryl for doing the portraits, to raise funds for charity

Also THANK YOU!! To everyone who turned up for this meet, especially the members who travelled more than 5 hrs to get there!

THANKS!! To who helped set up and take down Equipment?

Right I think that’s the thank you’s done

Agreed the weather could have been a bit better, but we survived the odd showers and high winds, which was repeatedly forecasted?

(Guessed) by Rommel’s! :laugh:

Especially when we put up the 6mx3m gazebo at 11:45pm in the rain, to all those who sat and watched us put it up “lightweights!!” are skin is waterproof :tongue2:

I had a great week end; even if the wind did stress me out a bit! And the fittings on the gazebo :doh:

Mike you done us proud again with your special spices, and the hare, rabbit, wood pigeon breast was lovely thanks mike you’re a star! :thumbs:

The air rifle contest was a god success but could be changed a bit to improve time! So any suggestions most appreciated! Taking part was fun and even better to win this as it eluded me the last time! And for the bullying of small children who i must say “shoots better than her dad!!” i never underestimate a shooter no matter their age, and think about it this way, Shannon got to the finale of the air rifle darts comp! Where were all the experienced shooters? :tongue2:

Well done Shannon in the camp comp, and the HFT comp!

The long range explosive targets challenge was good too!

Thanks to all that took part, with only 2 shooters getting 100% 2 shots 2 bangs, myself and Daz 7 well done.

The HFT course was set out to a high standard again, and well done to all who took part. And the THL winners/runners up of their category well done too!

It was good to see old faces and meet new ones too; if I didn’t talk to you i am sorry, it was because I was busy/ stressed! Lol

Good banter round the camp fire again and some good pics, which I will try and get them up soon! Oh nice vodka by Gordon & Jo that went down well! And i finally got to drink a bottle of homemade cider that matt hooks gave me a while back!

“Shame you weren’t there to share it with us!”

Nice to see millsy and his posse, reet! Mad bunch glad you guys got a bag? :thumbs:

By the way Richard found his phone PHEW!

Well done every one, and let’s look forward to the next meet?

May be a different location/club? Try to keep the travelling to a minimum?

PS.

I found a cup left, a padlock, a black jacket, and if any one picked up my sure fire torch keep hold of it till we meet up again, or post it to me!

Regards

Davy

i wouldnt of missed this one for the world mate! You and chaz did an excellent job mate, a top weekend and im missing being down there already :cray: Every person i met was spot on, my "posse" loved it aswell and we were sad to leave, brian was a bit "pissed"! on both nights to say the least!! but for some one who doesnt shoot, he had a good go and joined in with the banter (appologies if he was a little too drunk) haha He asked me to "tell davy he's a legend" those are his own words lol Gary and darryl we will defo get a hunt sorted, as for everybody else ill see you next time 100%

Atb peter

Chaz, Davy, I'm gutted I missed this one. I had to go in to work to deal with a deer, so I got some shooting in but lost out on my saturday. When's the next one so I can book the time off now?!

Looks like the usual excellent turn out, I was looking forward to getting over there. C'est la vie.

i lads/lasses,well what can i say.'what a top weekend'a big thankyou to all that attended the meet,with out you guys'girls thier wouldnt be one?every one of you were stars.great to see gary[festa]what a top boy,came to the meet straight after a operation.darrell'fantastic,took time out from shooting to fix my boys quad bike. great to meet peter[milsey]adam[smoggy]and brian[the mad march hare[lol.daz'top lad,webbey'your a top bloke.shannon is getting better and better[garys girl]good to put a face to wurtz,dia,gorden and joe,good to see lisa,and all the wilts lads.finaly a big thanks to my shooting partner[davy t 63]this man works his but off to put the meets together.thats enough said till we all meet again.almost forgot phil, regards chaz.