Frampton country fair 2011

couldnt bring myself to waist my money on this show. After thinking about it i decided not to bother. I like my terriers but dont want to go and look at a pet dog show! and see lawn mowers for sale.

In my eys its a bum deal at frampton now.

Just got back... If Carlsberg did shit shows this would be it.

The traffic getting in was horrendous, taking over an hour off the A38. There were very few stewards which resulted in it taking ages to park when on the field.

To get into the show from the car park you had to negotiate two rickety styles. Fine for me, but not for old folk if those less fit. A sign written in felt pen directed the disabled and people with pushchairs another way.

Once in the show there were no signposts or showground maps. The booths selling guides had sold out and the stewards fecked off. Finding a toilet was a nightmare... The organisers need sacking. They clearly weren't prepared for the numbers attending the event.

When I finally found the terrier and lurcher ring I couldn't believe the lack of dogs.

I got out of the car park without any problems but a friend of mine took an hour and a quarter to get out of the show. He's livid...

I'm not one to complain but if I can find an address to write to someone's getting a letter.

NEVER AGAIN.

The traffic getting in was horrendous, taking over an hour off the A38. There were very few stewards which resulted in it taking ages to park when on the field.

To get into the show from the car park you had to negotiate two rickety styles. Fine for me, but not for old folk if those less fit. A sign written in felt pen directed the disabled and people with pushchairs another way.

Once in the show there were no signposts or showground maps. The booths selling guides had sold out and the stewards fecked off. Finding a toilet was a nightmare... The organisers need sacking. They clearly weren't prepared for the numbers attending the event.

When I finally found the terrier and lurcher ring I couldn't believe the lack of dogs.

I got out of the car park without any problems but a friend of mine took an hour and a quarter to get out of the show. He's livid...

I'm not one to complain but if I can find an address to write to someone's getting a letter.

NEVER AGAIN.

Hi,

First post so please be gentle :bye:

I have to agree with the above terrible organisation and parking but I found the facilities not to bad and the setting fantastic.

One question for you guys though, I have been to a few shows this year and there are absolutely no trade stalls selling rifles or equipment, in fact no shooting kit at all !

Is there a specific reason for this ?

I did attend the shepton mallet show back in April (I think) and it as rammed with it :hmm:

Cheers.

NEVER AGAIN.

Hi,

I have to agree with the above terrible organisation and parking but I found the facilities not to bad and the setting fantastic.

One question for you guys though, I have been to a few shows this year and there are absolutely no trade stalls selling rifles or equipment, in fact no shooting kit at all !

I did attend the shepton mallet show back in April (I think) and it as rammed with it :hmm:

Cheers.

march truebit foe shepton and its a good hunting and country show for people that do a bit and frampton :whistling: and your right i seen solar pannels, skip hire, lorry hire, and water treatments, etc its a shame that frampton show is only for money now and not for the hunting folk,

NEVER AGAIN.

Hi,

Cheers.

march truebit foe shepton and its a good hunting and country show for people that do a bit and frampton :whistling: and your right i seen solar pannels, skip hire, lorry hire, and water treatments, etc its a shame that frampton show is only for money now and not for the hunting folk,

No legal reasons then ?

Just seems odd that shooting is a massive part of country life and there appears to be bugger all at the fairs.

not sure about the guns not being at shows someone will tell us off here! The people that run frampton are not bothered about the likes of us that go to shows for the hunting and good terriers and lurchers!!

all there interested in is packing as many stalls and people in as they can for as much money as they can, i wrote an email last year about the prices and the parking but it fell on deff ears, They really dont give two hoots as long as they fill the place.

But glad i didnt go. The real old type shows are finnished now and its a shame.

I went to frampton today really to see Brian Brinded and his longnetting and the punt gun display...Brian was good, food was good but as usual for this kind of thing expensive...What struck me was the minimal organisation, the army kids were running the car park and once In it was ok, but getting away at 5.00 ish was a kin nightmare! took us hour and a quarter to get back to the A38....Seems like they had our money to get In and all very nice but couldnt give a feck how you got out