Pinewood Hide Poles

• 1 month later...

Yes got some from my mate who new some one that was packing in decoying and selling his gear i bought the hide poles 2 years ago they were a few years old then i have to admit i prefer them to the other ones i have. They are slimmer lighter and still very strong no problems getting them in no matter how hard the ground is... :good:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jairon Fletcher
      GOLD!
      We hit gold on the 28th of March when a local farmer asked for our assistance in denting the population of a derelict shed and derelict house filled with ferells, so we walked the quarter of a mile road from the gate we pulled up at to our destination, 4 guns out of the 6 ready huntsmen, our thoughts were 2 guns can lead one side of the shed and 1 gun in the shed and 1 gun on the other side of a smaller open plan, all shooting north for safety in a (more or less) straight line, radios and signal calls learnt for contact with a 5 minute break to pick up and talk between, on this days shoot.
      The day begins...
      Open the bag and spread the decoys out, loaded the S410 air arms and set up a hide (using mesh and wood) in the corner of a former cattle shed or hay stack yard (former use is unknown) and things start well! When they land we pick a few off at a time.

After an unspecified, good amount of hours it starts to sunset, so we wonder over in hope to the derelict house. I walk through an open doorway to a ruined kitchen, I open a hatch lock door and from diagonal to the rooms diagonal is a doorway looking straight into 2 ferels! I shout over the other team and in disbelief we'd get anything here and I take the shot... A PERFECT heart shot!
      "Thats another on the head count" we geer as we check the rest of the rooms, but nothing in this section, safely we make our way round to the next section.

As we cant risk walking up the stairs we check the shattered windows with the scope and scan from room to room on the outside.
      We spot a little nest.
      2 ferels and a magazine of 4 shots on an angle, unsure of the accuracy i will get, I take the shot as there isn't room for another gun...
      Thats 2 more for the head count using 3 pellets. 1 miss and 2 almost perfect hits.

We go inside to collect and venture round the other side where there's an old shed (former cattle/pig/sheep) shack, sneekily we move around and use our binoculars to look for holes in the roofing that the targets of this operation, could fly through, I reload the magazine and find a high point to watch the hole with my scope, the 2 team members without guns, prepare bush beating methods to scare the pigeons out on a hop me and another member would be able to hit anything, another gun at a different vantage point scoping the same hole. and the last 2 guns stepped out of this one to have a look in the wooded area, in agreement nothing will be shot from this operation.

We waited a good 20 mins for the shack to settle and then found ourselves seeing 30 to 40 pigeons moving in and out of this hole!
      This was important as we wanted to break our recent record this year, we wanted this more than we thought I supposed, so we took our time.

The beaters cued with whistles that they were about to start, they clapped and banged the corrigated metal, threw small pebbles and brick shards in the shed and shouted "OY OY OY!".
      When they began we steadied our scopes and in canon the other gun went first, while he cocked his I took my shot... MISS! In such a confined area I had hit a tile, and then again... MISS! my awful shooting wasn't helping our target (to beat our year record) and another... FINALLY A HIT! 1 fell while the other hunters pigeons fell every time, I started to get my game on and I left that operation with 29 head and he left with 30 head. We couldnt wait to tell the other 2 guns, as they had wasted their time looking over the tree tops in a hide hoping for a near by landing.

When added to the head count we set a new year record.
      Pleased, the 6 of us walked away as a team.
      The farmer was very grateful, If you'd like our support contact our team by youtube at "How-to-hunting" and filtering to channels (as this isnt a big channel but we just put general support and "how to" videos or by this hunting forum.
      We're always happy to help the community.
      Thankyou for reading.
    • By eddie23
      Has anyone used the English Oak clear view netting by Jack Pyke?

Would you recommend this or stick to traditional camo net? The net looks very transparent, but if placed in front of trees should give good screening.Ed