lakey russells .....what do folks think of them ?

got myself a red lakeland x russell dog .... hes gamekeeper bred and off stock that is doing the job they were bred for....i will be using this dog for earth work , so i would just like to hear from those who have any experience with this cross whether it be positive or negative......YIS lloyd

• Like 1

Its just a terrier mate it dont matter if its lakeyxrussell, fell ,pattxlakey , etc etc if its from a working line look at the dogs its bred from dont be so specific in whats others of this cross are like, if the dog bred from good honest workers thats what ye should be looking at and thats half the battle in getting a decent terrier then theres your part in how ye enter it,the rest is up to the dog itself some simply dont make it no matter how they are bred, to many folks look at breeds and crosses in terriers instead of just simply looking at the line a pup has come from hope the pup works out for ye fella :thumbs:

• Like 5

i have a red dog in the kennels he is 3/4 lakeland 1/4 bull russel he is only 10 month old but keen as they come he will be held back until he is 16 month old both his parents are exellent workers to ground i will let you know how he goes atb

i like them mate should make good dogs if u put the work in to them what they need

what do you mean put the work into them that they need ? ......i dont mean this question to sound brain dead but i was just wondering if you mean correct entering methods or more work than other breeds in order to make a good worker ?? sorry about the questions

I have one, 18onth old bitch, maybe its her her age but she dont seem as clever as my 6yr old russell bitch , but far stronger and quicker, i only do rats and rabbits mind. never been to ground intentionally, but i know these two could finish what they started, tough little dogs