What would you buy? Rifle now bought ;)

Hi all just sold my logun s16 as it was a little ott for me, i'm looking to buy a 2nd hand rifle springer or co2 with a budget of upto £150, want a solid good named gun with more power the better, any advice what i should try and get and what to avoid, thanks, Dom.

Edited by DSDL-35

Forget co2 for Hunting Bud, Affected to much by Temperature, You'll also Have to Up your Budget a little also, Only two real Brands here Mate, HW & Airarms.

Go to your local Gun shop and try various Models for fit and your personnel taste and what feels right in your shoulder.

regards Daz.

Try paddling in the secondhand pool a bit, How long are you prepared to wait for your next rifle? Holts have a sealed bid auction coming up, 6th of October. We paid under £40 for a gas rammed BSA Supersport Carbine. Damned good little emergency back up gun that one! Contrary to popular rumours there are other makes than HW and Air Arms, Benjamin have a nice little gas ram that is just beginning to hit the second user market now (also being sold as a Remington I believe) and having fired one of these little guns I was very impressed with it.

Just see what fits you and then paddle through the shallow ends of the secondhand pool, see what is happening, sometimes you can get more than you bargained for!

I'm not in no rush to buy one but sooner the better before money trickle's away as it does, i've been searching 2nd hand sites, and found these

Hatsman Arms 60s .22 with nikko sterling 3-9x50 scope £140

Remington skeleton stock .22 with scope & bag £115

BSA supersport .22 with hawke mill dot sight £145

Voere semi auto .22 but says firearms licence ??? Do like the look of this one.

On the right track whats your opinions, thanks , D.

I'm not in no rush to buy one but sooner the better before money trickle's away as it does, i've been searching 2nd hand sites, and found these

Hatsman Arms 60s .22 with nikko sterling 3-9x50 scope £140

Remington skeleton stock .22 with scope & bag £115

BSA supersport .22 with hawke mill dot sight £145

Voere semi auto .22 but says firearms licence ??? Do like the look of this one.

On the right track whats your opinions, thanks , D.

Yes mate the voere is a .22 rimfire so you will need an fac to purchase that im afraid,but you will get 100ftlbs instead of 12 :hmm:

Warning about the Hatsan, if it is secondhand take care, these are usually bought by people who do not know a lot about air guns, or by people who want a Webley Stingray at a knockdown price (basically the same gun, only a better safety switch on the Hatsan). The gun itself is fine, the mechanism is a little belter, however they can be neglected through the first owner not knowing what they are doing! So it is either going to be a great buy, or a right bag of bolts! I owned a 60S I loved that gun, only reason I have given up on springers is that tendonitis in the elbow hurts like hell (knackered elbows through beach casting), so for shooting I went PCP!

What a great buy :thumbs:

Thanks mate, i'm very pleased with it, i was going to get a hw90k gas ram but had to wait a week or so which i did'nt really want to, then the tx200 popped up and i went for it, so glad i did as i love everything about it, just got to practice, practice practice now and hopefulluy be ready to go out hunting in a month or two :D

I'm a softy when it come's to animals so want to make sure when i shoot at one it's a kill shot as i'll just feel shitty if i just wound it and it'll play on my mind for god knows how long.