HUNTING AND THE INTERNET

never looked at the internet as ameans of educaition when hunting fishing ,more of a laugh as well to many spies so you dry up with the truth or preban ,books internets , there only afew books educaitional reast you can read through and think well somebodys making acion but thats life met several of the net but only a handful or real deals

A lot of books nowadays are re-hashes of previous authors,as has been said theres only so much old ground you can tread before its been-there seen-that,it has never been easier to vanity/self publish whether for ego or cash,those who do it because they have a need or passion to pass on hard-earned knowledge are different,but they are few and far-between,thin on the ground :hmm: I havent bought a book for years but there is ONE i am waiting for,snaremans book,when its finished something tells me its not being written for cash otherwise it would be filled with naught but illustrations and diagrams,I think its a book worth waiting for.

The internet is a funny old game,I always wonder how DBP would have fared in this day and age,would his works have shaped the lurcher world as they did or would he have been called-out long ago and his experiences questioned :hmm: Take the internet for what it is,an incredible tool,the worlds biggest library in the comfort of your own home,a means of communication,and harmless fun,thats it.

I'm a firm believer that the ban was bought about by some of the mounted packs, 1 man with one dog taking a couple of foxes at night, no problem.

Then you had the mounted packs, meeting at a pub, running all over the locality with hounds, getting one to ground, digging and letting it run again, only for it to be caught by 30 or so dogs in a field next to a lay-by where "Nigel, Lisa & kids" have stopped in the car for a break & a picnic, to see a right mullering of an animal.

So as far as I'm concerned, some of the mounted packs are to blame (not all) but I've seen it with my own eyes and then they complain when it's showing the public? Bonkers!! .

That's why the Countryside Alliance isn't a defacto when its harping on about repeal as its all about mounted stuff, inot your average Lurcher owner etc...

Its because of peoples ignorance,as above,that the ban was implemented,because of hunting site forums the antis and animal welfare organisations have all the ammo they need to keep the ban in place,the majority of this ammo comes from the mindless minority in the lurcher world.

• Like 1

I'm a firm believer that the ban was bought about by some of the mounted packs, 1 man with one dog taking a couple of foxes at night, no problem.

Then you had the mounted packs, meeting at a pub, running all over the locality with hounds, getting one to ground, digging and letting it run again, only for it to be caught by 30 or so dogs in a field next to a lay-by where "Nigel, Lisa & kids" have stopped in the car for a break & a picnic, to see a right mullering of an animal.

So as far as I'm concerned, some of the mounted packs are to blame (not all) but I've seen it with my own eyes and then they complain when it's showing the public? Bonkers!! .

That's why the Countryside Alliance isn't a defacto when its harping on about repeal as its all about mounted stuff, inot your average Lurcher owner etc...

Its because of peoples ignorance,as above,that the ban was implemented,because of hunting site forums the antis and animal welfare organisations have all the ammo they need to keep the ban in place,the majority of this ammo comes from the mindless minority in the lurcher world.

So you think the ban was implemented by the lad running his dog in the middle of the night, silently, as opposed to a load of brightly coloured people on horseback charging around the countryside with horns in broad daylight and killing foxes infront of the public eye is not a reason? I guarantee you that if you asked 100 people in the street what is foxhunting, 99% would mention horses, or do you disagree?

Do you need a passport to get to your planet?

Edited by jusar whippets

So you think the ban was implemented by the lad running his dog in the middle of the night, silently, as opposed to a load of brightly coloured people on horseback charging around the countryside with horns in broad daylight and killing foxes infront of the public eye is not an issue?

Do you need a passport to get to your planet?

If your going to do something that's a "wee bit contentious" then don't do it infront of the public.

And no, I won't take the "it's the countryside" factor into account, as public roads are there for anyone to use as long as they have the required legality to be there.

How would you feel if you had different views and had just pulled up in a lay-by for a quick rest stop to see some hunt?

At least the Lurcheran who you have blamed earlier is a one man band amd nobody wod een know he's there, but 50 odd horses bollocking around the roads is a bit hard to not see is it.

Wake up mam, the ban came in because of the mounted stuff as it's in the public eys,, no more no less. Simples

Don't be so stupid,the hunts did more to fight the ban than anybody,no i don't follow horse back hunts,the hunts have been least affected by the ban than all other forms of hunting,they have increased in numbers and meets,it was the publics misconception that the hunting fraternity where basically landed gentry and upper class that helped to push the bill through,its because of ignorance of the true facts,this is where the likes of you come in,that we are in the position we face now.The only time the bill could ever be overturned is if all interested parties stand as one,because of ignorance and prejudice,this will never happen.

The attitude of some people on here amazes me. Too macho. Too much aggression. No respect for wildlife, the countryside, other peoples' opinions. The list goes on.

If I wanted to get all hunting banned, I would come on here, copy a few messages / threads and publish them in a newspaper. The public would be outraged.

I think we ALL need to bear this in mind when we write something on here. Who's watching and could what we say and the way we act damage our future hunting.

• Like 2

The attitude of some people on here amazes me. Too macho. Too much aggression. No respect for wildlife, the countryside, other peoples' opinions. The list goes on.

If I wanted to get all hunting banned, I would come on here, copy a few messages / threads and publish them in a newspaper. The public would be outraged.

I think we ALL need to bear this in mind when we write something on here. Who's watching and could what we say and the way we act damage our future hunting.

computer prices coming down and dog prices going up to many brian plumbers on these sites now and to many shite dogs only bred for internet junkies and these dogs all world beaters you only after read the threads to no who the working lads are and who the longnoses are a dog in the field doing the job scarce by these days stadards on here by the way lads me new book out next week hahaha computer lamping andcoursing keybords

computer prices coming down and dog prices going up to many brian plumbers on these sites now and to many shite dogs only bred for internet junkies and these dogs all world beaters you only after read the threads to no who the working lads are and who the longnoses are a dog in the field doing the job scarce by these days stadards on here by the way lads me new book out next week hahaha computer lamping andcoursing keybords

:laugh::thumbs: