short barrelled 22lr

i'm looking to get another 22lr, i've got a anchutz 1451. which is great and very accurate, but i need something shorter and lighter for lamping and for shooting from the jeep.

what are my options? the only factory short barrel i've seen is the cz, with 16". around £400.

is it more affordable to buy a 2nd hand rifle with 20-22" barrel and have it cut and threaded. seen quite a few 2nd hand at £100-150

i got a little 14" 10/22 ruger for the truck it's flipping ideal the only fault is if the passanger is using it you get covered in brass being a semi there is no move ment to cock and groups are dispached quickly and easily. you can get them with 12.5" carbon fibre barrels to

I have a CZ Style with 16" barrel in .17 HMR. With a SAK silencer, I use it comfortably from the back seat of a Toyota double cab, whilst my mate uses his from the front. Perfect length, although the Weihrauch HW60J is a couple of inches shorter.

Cheers

Sib

just got a cz myself its an amazing gun will last forever,deadly accuarate(in the right hands),i went for the laminated thumbhole stock with 20inch varmunt barrel wich i got for 380,thought this was very reasonable as i know lads who have had cz 10 years plus with no problems,i picked this because i personaly prefer an heavy gun but reading all the reviews on the barrel lengths on performance there is no clear differnce so it is clearly your own personnel choice and what suits you the best.i would recomend just goin down to your local dealer and handle a few,ATB DEAN

If your happy with your anschutz you've got now get the barrel cut down and threaded again cheaper option.

cz are good guns won't go wrong with one but if you've got more money to spend go for the anschutz 1417 much better gun and 14" barrel nice and short, won't part with mine until a better model comes out.