I'm thinking of breeding my EU polecats

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be honest I would think long & hard about breeding anything, ferrets dogs whatever, if your main reason is a cosmetic one I seriously dont think its a good enough reason for you to be simply br

See that? That's where you've just lost your credibility. Call it youthful exuberance or whatever, but you've just boasted to a bloke on an internet forum that you can almost guarantee that your ferr

Jesus fecking christ, has no one heard of sarcasm and taking the piss???

oh come on malt you know you secretly want one a pair.

:laugh:

I reckon I could get some if I wanted. ;):D

I've got nothing against people owning & working them as I've said to you before mate, it's the whole 'add EU to the name and you've got a licence to print money and have a superior animal' mentality I get pissed off with..

I know you have kept & worked genuine poleys for a long time, but I've never seen you on here trying to make out that they are better than normal ferrets or worth something like 8 times as much money or even using the phrase, "EU Polecats".. :thumbs:

In breeding done by someone who knows what there doing can be beneficial, as it will fix good traits & desired things, & it will also bring forward bad points a hell of a lot quicker than breeding unrelated ferrets, but I think breeding period should be done by people who know what there doing & have a good knowledge of genetics

Kay, I couldn't agree more! Inbreeding is invaluable for bringing out the recessive genes that both parents are carrying, both beneficial and deleterious, and geneticists advise doing it at least every 3 generations so that any harmful genes can be eliminated before they become widespread among the breeding population. Serious breeders should also be keeping complete records of what their breedings have produced, as well as tracking their kits after they are placed...something which seems to be very rare in the UK.

Although i agree with what you are saying, i find the idea of a 'serious ferret breeder', i.e someone who breeds a lot of ferret as often as they can, rather than those that breed for their own use (i.e every few years) a bit wank.

never readily agreed with you Ideation.....until now :victory:

you never agree with any 1 cause you no every thing :whistling:

oh come on malt you know you secretly want one a pair.

:laugh:

I reckon I could get some if I wanted. ;):D

I've got nothing against people owning & working them as I've said to you before mate, it's the whole 'add EU to the name and you've got a licence to print money and have a superior animal' mentality I get pissed off with..

I know you have kept & worked genuine poleys for a long time, but I've never seen you on here trying to make out that they are better than normal ferrets or worth something like 8 times as much money or even using the phrase, "EU Polecats".. :thumbs:

totally malt.thing is all this talk of eu polecats,ive said before.they f*****g aint.there just very dark polecats.who if ever were eu in them.tonto would be closer related to them than the original eu.look at this way,there no way you are gonna tame a first cross,if ever you had an original eu poley.and i would imagine it would take years of breeding to finally get one that you can actually work.so therefore its a polintless venture,for the working aspect.

In breeding done by someone who knows what there doing can be beneficial, as it will fix good traits & desired things, & it will also bring forward bad points a hell of a lot quicker than breeding unrelated ferrets, but I think breeding period should be done by people who know what there doing & have a good knowledge of genetics

Kay, I couldn't agree more! Inbreeding is invaluable for bringing out the recessive genes that both parents are carrying, both beneficial and deleterious, and geneticists advise doing it at least every 3 generations so that any harmful genes can be eliminated before they become widespread among the breeding population. Serious breeders should also be keeping complete records of what their breedings have produced, as well as tracking their kits after they are placed...something which seems to be very rare in the UK.

Although i agree with what you are saying, i find the idea of a 'serious ferret breeder', i.e someone who breeds a lot of ferret as often as they can, rather than those that breed for their own use (i.e every few years) a bit wank.

hunting 30 years more than you ,newbie :haha::feck:

hunting 30 years more than you ,newbie :haha::feck:

what ever you say :thumbs: love to were you get this newbie from :hmm:

What the f**k is going on here!??? hahahahah I go away for one weekend and shite sprouts everywhere !lol

Elmer! you need to read some more of my posts bud!,,

Ferret lady,, you really need to get on another forum,, this one is not for you dear!,,

EU polecats,, what a load of shite!,, did you know that if you take a domesticated pig, and release it into the wild,, it grows thick hair and it`s tusks develop,, that doesn`t make it a wild boar though !!!

or does it!,, lets face it,, none of the so called EU poley breeders here, actually have EU poley( jesus I`m sick of that phrase),,, they just have ferrets,,

Ferrets!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am I painting you a clear enough picture !!

What the f**k is going on here!??? hahahahah I go away for one weekend and shite sprouts everywhere !lol

Elmer! you need to read some more of my posts bud!,,

Ferret lady,, you really need to get on another forum,, this one is not for you dear!,,

EU polecats,, what a load of shite!,, did you know that if you take a domesticated pig, and release it into the wild,, it grows thick hair and it`s tusks develop,, that doesn`t make it a wild boar though !!!

or does it!,, lets face it,, none of the so called EU poley breeders here, actually have EU poley( jesus I`m sick of that phrase),,, they just have ferrets,,

Ferrets!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am I painting you a clear enough picture !!

well you learn something new everyday mate,never knew that about a pig :thumbs:

I have a few EU's, I my self breed ferrets. I only breed if i know i have certain homes. (Read my Profile for more info) I really like my EU's i have 5 cracking workers. I search all over the country for EU's to make sure i don't cross blood lines. I have birth certificates for them all so i know were they have come fro and their blood line. Although a lot of people believe inbreeding ferrets is fine, i for one don't like the idea. I'll get some pics up soon :)

:hmm: birth certificates for ferrets right thats fkn it :laugh::hunter::snack:

I keep them so i can keep on track of blood lines and so on... I know it sounds crazy, but its the way i keep a file on all the ferrets i breed, and have done for many years, between me and my grandfather we have 46 years of experience in breeding ferrets, keeping birth certificates, is an easier way of keeping track on what we breed. So laugh all you want bud :D but we are well known for the line of workers we breed, only breeding when we have certain homes for em' too. And the way we keep track of the blood lines works a treat, believe it or not, people do ask for birth certificates, so they them selfs no what working parents there ferrets has come from, so they can then pass it on. ( a bit like pedigree dogs, and show horses ).

Edited by shoota matt

I have a few EU's, I my self breed ferrets. I only breed if i know i have certain homes. (Read my Profile for more info) I really like my EU's i have 5 cracking workers. I search all over the country for EU's to make sure i don't cross blood lines. I have birth certificates for them all so i know were they have come fro and their blood line. Although a lot of people believe inbreeding ferrets is fine, i for one don't like the idea. I'll get some pics up soon :)

:hmm: birth certificates for ferrets right thats fkn it :laugh::hunter::snack:

I keep them so i can keep on track of blood lines and so on... I know it sounds crazy, but its the way i keep a file on all the ferrets i breed, and have done for many years, between me and my grandfather we have 46 years of experience in breeding ferrets, keeping birth certificates, is an easier way of keeping track on what we breed. So laugh all you want bud :D but we are well known for the line of workers we breed, only breeding when we have certain homes for em' too. And the way we keep track of the blood lines works a treat, believe it or not, people do ask for birth certificates, so they them selfs no what working parents there ferrets has come from, so they can then pass it on. ( a bit like pedigree dogs, and show horses ).

FFS.........pedigree dogs and show horse's.But you've got ferrets you pleb,I think i'm going insane mun.

We all know how the kennel club as pushed the boundries with dogs don't we. :icon_eek::whistling: