Deer poachers

So far you have no proof anything sinister is happening .Deer kids do die and get taken by dogs ,foxes .Any keeper worth his salt will know beyond doubt that hes losing stock and a good one will sort it without the need for outside interference .Grow a pair mate and sort it if theres a problem .

• Like 1

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The biggest side effect to this sort of thing is that people blame hunters, real hunters that is; genuine dog men who take home what they catch and eat it themselves and feed it to their dogs and mayb

Im a poacher, have been since I was 13 years old. But I only poach what will fit in my game bag and what will go in the pot. Never in my whole life have I ever damaged any land or property, Killed

It's not theft when it's applied to a wild animal. Taking an animal is only ever referred to as theft if the animal in question is domesticated and belongs to someone. You being such a fecking smart a

So far you have no proof anything sinister is happening .Deer kids do die and get taken by dogs ,foxes .Any keeper worth his salt will know beyond doubt that hes losing stock and a good one will sort it without the need for outside interference .Grow a pair mate and sort it if theres a problem .

As for proof your probably right i cant prove anything but vehicle tracks through fields ussually means somone is about that shouldnt be . And any man who knows his ground knows when something is not right and after not seeing any deer at all for a week or so, and none in the usual places and after asking the farm workers if they are seeing any they are not. Yes i do know the deer are being pushed out or poached .

With three thousand acres to cover, at night I cant be everywhere at once ,so when the farm workers offered a hand i said yes.

A couple dead roe kids doesnt mean a poaching problem but no dear about means something is up.

Thanks for your input.

Now on my way out to see whats about.

Keep smiling Hoolit

Awrite bud

I Shoot plenty farms in East Lothian and it`s the same,, No one has the deer shooting on any of the farms,, but all the deer get shot,,and it`s all by so called "stalkers" that have there own permission elsewhere,, but just shoot what they like, where they like,, not all poachers have subarus and dogs, so you may find it`s the "respectable neigbours" stalking wherever they like,, permission or not,, pleny of them round our way bud!! and round you as well..

ATB

• Like 4

i know my ground is getting poached.

I could not care less about the one for the pot boys, this has gone on forever, care not a jot about a lad with an air rifle, i guess we all started this way, but adults shooting deer at night and selling them is not on.

i lease it and know some locals are poaching - selling deer cheap. they are shooting with night vision. We have put up IR cameras, so we can see what they see, we have given out night vision to a couple of local friends who are on the ground more than us, so when they see their vehical they can see what is being done and most importantly we now know were the deer are being sold.

The wildlife crime boys know where they are being sold and plan is to close the noose on this as well, they will /have squeeled, so all we are now doing is collecting evidence. we have enough now we think but as this buck season is lost to us on this bit of ground we are going to collect evidence until the end of the month.

What bothers me is that these young chaps, making a quick buck may lose the "right " to own a firearm for decades. We know enough about them to know this will be a major problem to them - given their current employment.

I could not care less about the one for the pot boys, this has gone on forever, care not a jot about a lad with an air rifle, i guess we all started this way, but adults shooting deer at night and selling them is not on.

i lease it and know some locals are poaching - selling deer cheap. they are shooting with night vision. We have put up IR cameras, so we can see what they see, we have given out night vision to a couple of local friends who are on the ground more than us, so when they see their vehical they can see what is being done and most importantly we now know were the deer are being sold.

The wildlife crime boys know where they are being sold and plan is to close the noose on this as well, they will /have squeeled, so all we are now doing is collecting evidence. we have enough now we think but as this buck season is lost to us on this bit of ground we are going to collect evidence until the end of the month.

What bothers me is that these young chaps, making a quick buck may lose the "right " to own a firearm for decades. We know enough about them to know this will be a major problem to them - given their current employment.

Sounds like you are up against exactly the same type of "poacher" as I see all the time down this way,, scummy b*****ds!!

im takin no sides here but mabe if a bit honest deer stalkin was made more readyly avaiable to your avarage working man on a low income and a family to rear without having to have qualifications for just about everything to do with deer stalking nowadays to line the pockets of various bodys much of the deer poaching wouldnt be happening ..the thing is its getting that its beyond the pocket of keen guys that want to be out there doing it and learning as they go instead of tests for everything ..which in its selfs fair enough if it wasnt that its riding on the back of hard cash up front id think the forestry com and other forestry enterprizes should be paying guys to cull deer on there land and giving free courses to learn how it should be done ..lol..after all as we all know deer are on the increase so theyd be up shit creek if we all went on strike ...lol....up the workers ..lol

im takin no sides here but mabe if a bit honest deer stalkin was made more readyly avaiable to your avarage working man on a low income and a family to rear without having to have qualifications for just about everything to do with deer stalking nowadays to line the pockets of various bodys much of the deer poaching wouldnt be happening ..the thing is its getting that its beyond the pocket of keen guys that want to be out there doing it and learning as they go instead of tests for everything ..which in its selfs fair enough if it wasnt that its riding on the back of hard cash up front id think the forestry com and other forestry enterprizes should be paying guys to cull deer on there land and giving free courses to learn how it should be done ..lol..after all as we all know deer are on the increase so theyd be up shit creek if we all went on strike ...lol....up the workers ..lol

I'm poor, I'm keen, and I have no respect for the law or for the hard earned rights of others . So give me what I want to make me happy. Better still pay me to do what I want on your ground.

Brothers! Support the down trodden workers and join the cooperative now. :laugh: :laugh:

Fortunately Communism has been shown to be bull shit brother Billy.

Edited by Greek Phil

Awrite bud

I Shoot plenty farms in East Lothian and it`s the same,, No one has the deer shooting on any of the farms,, but all the deer get shot,,and it`s all by so called "stalkers" that have there own permission elsewhere,, but just shoot what they like, where they like,, not all poachers have subarus and dogs, so you may find it`s the "respectable neigbours" stalking wherever they like,, permission or not,, pleny of them round our way bud!! and round you as well..

ATB

Aye Rakeaboot I agree with you im not seeing any signs of dogs just tyre tracks and footprints through fields.

I have a couple of young guys who run thier lurchers on the rabbits and the odd hare two nice lads theyhave done for awhile now ,they offered to come out with me at night but the boss doesent want anyone geting hurt .

I will be out tonight again foxing so at least im on the ground.

#

Keep smiling Hoolt

Get some old scaffold boards and borrow a compressed air driven nail gun. Drive 50 3" ring shanked nails thru each boards and drop them in them across the field gate ways of an evening, and pick them up first thing in the morning. It only takes the loss of a sets of tyres to make the whole nights activity not worth the bother. Even if they have fiited remoulds its still 200 sobs gone.

Bloody funny when you come round in the morning and see their vehicles still sat there on the rims though.

Just come back off a short break and this is the email i came home to from my shooting buddy . "The bad news is I found a roe doe with a wound high in the spine from a high velocity bullet. She was about half way from the gate in the wheat field over the river ...250yrds. Dead obviously and very fresh, only killed hours before. I was there at 10..30am. Definitely bullet wound, the meat was granulated, typical of high velocity impact and no other bruising which she would have had in a car/traffic accident.."

looks like were all up against it lads ,pipcock

Awrite bud

ATB

and god forbid if you dont lower your eyes when they walk passed.