lamping last nite bitch broke her leg

Do you guys not have the PDSA over there?

never heard of it pal.

Peoples dispensary for sick animals, they have it in Northern Ireland, you may be eligable for reduced veterinary treatment, not a dig at the situation, horrible thing to happen, seen it myself :thumbs:

dont no 2 be honest.

the bitch was loved i no that for sure.but she was a working dog and she would have never worked again.

sad as it is, nature has a very funny way of sorting things out, my own pup , ok only 12 weeks, broke his front leg, both bones , but he's now a strong beautiful animal , that has amazed me, maybe it was the right decicion maybe not , but one you , me and most hunting folk would do in those situations, go get yourself another one asap-------atb den

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tbh you can debate this all you want...the dog,s gone and no amount of should have,s could have,s will bring it back..the lad made a tough decision out in the field and maybe it was right one...in an

So on the basis of a phone diagnosis you put the dog down. In my experience vets always give worse case scenario.....but to put a dog down on the basis of a phone conversation was premature imo. See

Done the right thing. Could spend lots of time and money all for nothing. Some folk getting pets and working dogs mixed up again.

defo did the right thing my young bitch broke her leg back end of last season when she was bout 8 mnth had her fixed cost about 900 quid pinned plated screwed nice clean brake young dog and even though she can run around like a mad man if she gets chance she still feels it sometimes and limps about but know what i would do if it ever happened again and wouldnt have had it done to her if ii know what i knew now

was out last nite with a good pal of mine with his young collie cross bout 15 months old bitch was showing signs of being a gudden anyway first field she ran four caught 3 before we left the field i had 1 more scan an seen a squater i missed. sliped the bitch out she nearly got it out of its seat but she tumbeled and droped it after a hell of a course up and down the ditch the bitch was just geting out of range of the lamp when we heard the scream new straight away she was bad could see her holding her front right leg out could see were it broke at the ball joint and it was just dangling there she was in alot of pain her heart was pounding it didnt look good.rang 11811 2 get the nearist 24 hour vet spoke 2 the vet she wanted 160 euro just 2 see the bitch we didnt have that money on us so i explained what happend and she said the dog would never run again and it would cost hundreads if they could save the leg.so we done the decent thing and burried her.broke his heart 2 do it he is absoultely gutted.do ye think me made the right call.

its hard to say pal when ya get so attached to the dog.maybe ya maid the right choice as ya noe yourself there a working dog it prob would have been misrable stuck out a back for the next 10 years ya have to be crewl to be kind sometimes

was out last nite with a good pal of mine with his young collie cross bout 15 months old bitch was showing signs of being a gudden anyway first field she ran four caught 3 before we left the field i had 1 more scan an seen a squater i missed. sliped the bitch out she nearly got it out of its seat but she tumbeled and droped it after a hell of a course up and down the ditch the bitch was just geting out of range of the lamp when we heard the scream new straight away she was bad could see her holding her front right leg out could see were it broke at the ball joint and it was just dangling there she was in alot of pain her heart was pounding it didnt look good.rang 11811 2 get the nearist 24 hour vet spoke 2 the vet she wanted 160 euro just 2 see the bitch we didnt have that money on us so i explained what happend and she said the dog would never run again and it would cost hundreads if they could save the leg.so we done the decent thing and burried her.broke his heart 2 do it he is absoultely gutted.do ye think me made the right call.

RIP GIRL

yes.........had to do the same years ago with an 11 months old pup the terrier came out of a hedge with a rabbit an i slipped the pup in for a shake an the terrier dropped the rabbit pup went straight over a cliff behind it fukn gutted. found it wraped around a washing machine at the bottom with a broken leg

You done the right thing by the bitch lads, theyre welfare comes before our emotions, as hard as the choice is to make, it's all a part of the responsibillity you take on when you have a dog. hard call, but you done the right thing. atb

B

Sorry to hear it pal , I had to put to sleep my olsd dog about four years ago he broke his back on a course its not very nice that's why I don't fall in love with dogs anymore there just a tool in my eyes now , sorry for your loss

i work in the horse industry mate and so often you see people keeping animals alive that shouldnt be just to make themselves feel good. sometimes its hard but if the animal is going to suffer mentally or physicaly then its defo the right choice it can be hart renching but its the right choice sorry to hear about it mate

RIP GIRL

So on the basis of a phone diagnosis you put the dog down. In my experience vets always give worse case scenario.....but to put a dog down on the basis of a phone conversation was premature imo. Seen many a dog come back from broken legs despite the vet saying otherwise.

• Like 1