Lurcher racing

Look for your nearest Non-pedigree whippet racing and take him along 1/2hr before they start racing, they will give him a go or two for you on the lure. They will want to see him run single before anyone thinks of letting him race against another dog (for safety).

There's no money involved but it's great fun. I take my WhippXgrey to Old Hall, she's 9 months now and we love it.

They have to be 12 months old to compete properly in races but yours is the right age to start practising :thumbs:

it all depends how ur lurcher is breed there,s no age applied,,,,but if ur lurcher pup has alot off growing 12/15months onwards i would start,,,,if small whippet type 7/10months onwards

but as a pup,,,wotever there breeding ,,,short slips wont do them any harm

mind there,s clubs all about the country ,,,,greyhound stadiums/ ped whippet clubs / bwra nonped clubs and lurcher racing,,,,all good fun in summer,,,most clubs dont cost arm and leg to join or trial,,,,for a run

my club is away to shut next few months,,,althou i let mine take few rabbits and get invites with the local lurcher guys in my area ect,,,,u cant beat going with family to greyhound staduim to give dogs a run , feed family and have a few beers with the greyhound lads,,,in the winter months

it all depends how ur lurcher is breed there,s no age applied,,,,but if ur lurcher pup has alot off growing 12/15months onwards i would start,,,,if small whippet type 7/10months onwards

mind there,s clubs all about the country ,,,,greyhound stadiums/ ped whippet clubs / bwra nonped clubs and lurcher racing,,,,all good fun in summer,,,most clubs dont cost arm and leg to join or trial,,,,for a run

my club is away to shut next few months,,,althou i let mine take few rabbits and get invites with the local lurcher guys in my area ect,,,,u cant beat going with family to greyhound staduim to give dogs a run , feed family and have a few beers with the greyhound lads,,,in the winter months

bob empty your inbox , needing to send an e-mail

bob empty your inbox , needing to send an e-mail

i got number here if you want to call him den