Guest FTBBTH

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The future...

A dog that does what it was bred to do day-in, and day-out is a good dog..... nothing more.... nothing less. In doing so it earns it's name and some respect. It also earns it's place on the yard, and

Posted Images

All prefer Laika. There are several types of Laika. Those that hunt mostly all originally from Russia. Perhaps because local hunters in touch with hunters from Russia. From there they bring the best dogs among Laika. Elkhound ( some call them Norwegian Laika ) as I know that they are close relatives with Laika. I've heard they are good hunters and some hunters use them in Ukraine but not very popular between hunters in my region. I suspect that someone mixes Laika with Elkhound. In my region Elkhound very often used as a home dog , as they a good guards and they behave well with kids.

• Like 1

All prefer Laika. There are several types of Laika. Those that hunt mostly all originally from Russia. Perhaps because local hunters in touch with hunters from Russia. From there they bring the best dogs among Laika. Elkhound ( some call them Norwegian Laika ) as I know that they are close relatives with Laika. I've heard they are good hunters and some hunters use them in Ukraine but not very popular between hunters in my region. I suspect that someone mixes Laika with Elkhound. In my region Elkhound very often used as a home dog , as they a good guards and they behave well with kids.

Thank you,I have seen pics of them on badger,I owned a elkhound for a bit,nice dogs bit vocal if you have irratable neighbours,also seen pics of small Asian spitz hunting boar.

• Like 1

Jawn come on out west to Oregon.... We got some that will run a track for you. Tanners Kracken dog has run several tracks over 600yrs. It would be awesome if you could drop off some little Jagds too as all the ones I have seen or owned were much to large.

• Like 2

Jawn come on out west to Oregon.... We got some that will run a track for you. Tanners Kracken dog has run several tracks over 600yrs. It would be awesome if you could drop off some little Jagds too as all the ones I have seen or owned were much to large.

From what I have seen the average size fell stateside is as large or larger than the average jagd and isn't bred with a care in the world over whether or not it could go to ground, OR run a track if it wanted to.... and while I'd be impressed with a fell that could move a 600 meter track... that's a minimum standard for jagd puppy born here, and they aren't doing it in optimum conditions bluecollar......I'd like very much to hunt Oregon with you Mosby, Tanner, and Jim Gibbs. I'd like to see the dogs off of Zulu doing what they do. I've had several conversations with Mosby about June.... and just bred her sister. I'd sure like to see her hunt in person. As much as I'd like to fly around the country dropping off dogs.... we're just not able. We lost more than were born this year.... and we breed for our own uses first.

@Artodex..... Don't be bashful..... come on out with it. :) And for the record..... exactly how many dogs have you tested for pll? Thanks...

Got ya. Yeah she is stocky and shorter. He is built almost comparable to a mini bulldog, buy he still has the nice thick bone for as leggy as he is. This build is actually better over here where we have so much swamp/marsh land that they have to maneuver. I really enjoy hunting behind these dogs. They're pretty amazing, and versatile.