Guest FTBBTH

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The future...

A dog that does what it was bred to do day-in, and day-out is a good dog..... nothing more.... nothing less. In doing so it earns it's name and some respect. It also earns it's place on the yard, and

Posted Images

I've been looking at Klitgaard kennels, Denmark....do any of you jagd's affinados know anything about this line? Heard good things about them? I'd appreciate your imput.

Last I heard I think they wanted something like two thousand dollars for a pup......You could get one from anywhere in the world and have it flown to you for that price

Is PLL a frequent occurance in Jagds? I've never heard of it occurring in Jagds until now. I know in EBT's it is, specifically in the Minis for some reason. I have a older rescue Mini EBT here and I had to have both of his eyes removed due to PLL. Such a shame.

It is but many people are testing for it now and breeding accordingly. Every one that we've tested has been free.... That said... I'm more worried about how well they can smell, than see.... and to tell the truth... if hunted regularly many if not most will be dead long before developing the disease. We started testing once we started line breeding, and in hindsight it was the right thing to do.

• Like 1

I've been looking at Klitgaard kennels, Denmark....do any of you jagd's affinados know anything about this line? Heard good things about them? I'd appreciate your imput.

Last I heard I think they wanted something like two thousand dollars for a pup......You could get one from anywhere in the world and have it flown to you for that price

Yeh I kinda thought after looking at their extensive website, that they might come with a extensive price tag! Lol cheers

Yeh I kinda thought after looking at their extensive website, that they might come with a extensive price tag! Lol cheers

what are you going to hunt with a jagd accip74? you can buy a overly hard one from east europ but if youre going to use it on the boars i think you might be better of with a bit of a softer dog if you want to work with him for a longer time. here a jagd might cost you about 500 euro's and drive less than 2 hours for it. so you can buy 4 jagds for the same price ;)

• Like 1

what are you going to hunt with a jagd accip74? you can buy a overly hard one from east europ but if youre going to use it on the boars i think you might be better of with a bit of a softer dog if you want to work with him for a longer time. here a jagd might cost you about 500 euro's and drive less than 2 hours for it. so you can buy 4 jagds for the same price ;)

This is maybe a long term plan in my head of getting a jagd, it won't be a decision made lightly & it won't be tomorrow, but I would be after a bitch on the small side for preferably earthwork, I know I could easily get a fell type, but I've done all that & I really fancy trying a jagd,now I'm closer to many good lines.

I just happened to check out Klitgaard, but what you are saying makes perfect sense jachtterrier, maybe I'll be checking yours out one day....thanks for the imput

This is maybe a long term plan in my head of getting a jagd, it won't be a decision made lightly & it won't be tomorrow, but I would be after a bitch on the small side for preferably earthwork, I know I could easily get a fell type, but I've done all that & I really fancy trying a jagd,now I'm closer to many good lines.

I just happened to check out Klitgaard, but what you are saying makes perfect sense jachtterrier, maybe I'll be checking yours out one day....thanks for the imput

There are Jagdterriers and Jagdterriers. I can get any number of Jagdterriers from Hungary for 40-50Euro...

i live outside the uk. if i have to chose between a jagdterrier and a fell/patterdale terrier.

Fell/Patterdale teriier all the way!! i've seen some jagds over here and there. they do not use them often to dig. more a big game hunting dog in germany etc. For digging there is nothing better than a patterdale! in my eyes the jagd terrier is OVERRATED. yes there are some good ones, but i think there are a higher % of good patterdales then there are jagds. atb Magpie_Hunter

i live outside the uk. if i have to chose between a jagdterrier and a fell/patterdale terrier.

Fell/Patterdale teriier all the way!! i've seen some jagds over here and there. they do not use them often to dig. more a big game hunting dog in germany etc. For digging there is nothing better than a patterdale! in my eyes the jagd terrier is OVERRATED. yes there are some good ones, but i think there are a higher % of good patterdales then there are jagds. atb Magpie_Hunter

Yeh I totally get what you are saying, I've dug to many good fells terriers, I rated them above anything else & I know I'm not gonna find anything better below ground.....but sometimes in life its just nice to try something else....like I say, I'm not looking for better, just a change.....I just really like that jagd stamp & I'd be really interested to see what I could do with one, above or below ground. ATB