clonmell

Guest FTBBTH

been loads of times really good craic the coursing is nothing like the waterloo but still very good couple of days and the irish make everyone very welcome anything and everything for a running dog is on sale there . and in the night the pubs and hotels are wall to wall coursing talk with videos on in every place you go of the days coursing as i said top class three days for running dog folk .but and heres the rub havnt been for last 2 years because of the price of everything over there . it really is an expensive three days .b ut well worth it if you can afford the wonga it costs .

lads come along you wont be disappointed a fantastic 3x days

64 of the best dog puppys on display and 64 of the best puppy bitches on display also the tope 8 all age dogs and bitches taking on each other

the craic at night is next til none and the craic is brilliant its even better when you have runners all three days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by mary ward

id like to put my grey in this but wouldnt have a clue where to start???? bet he'd do ok though as ive started him on the fields how do you go about getting your dog running in it???

easiest way is to win a trial stake thats a qualifier :thumbs:

Y.I.S Leeview

waterloo was great but chaseing game with muzzles and gaps for the hares far from what i call coursing to unatural, shame realy as there nowt beter than a good dog a wild hartley, and a big feild ,but some just like going for the crack and for that reason would be good but gaps hares boxed up etc aint cricket for some

whin i made the mistake of saying this in a pub in clonmel one night and an old gent who we had been drinking with all night got up and tried to start world war 3 called us hare murderers and cruel b*****ds because of the way we course with lurchers . he must have been near ninety if he was a day but a right character .

Guest FTBBTH

cheers lads :thumbs:

me and my dad are going :)

but i think he is onabout trying to get my saluki x down there and do some hares as its legal in southern ireland so we will see what happens :angel:

great event was there last year,will defo be going again,shame i missed it this year,night life is good as been said before.i heard you had to be invited by a club to enter your dog?? surely cant be that hard just talking to the right folk eh,good luck, b/w

old guy mite of not left clonmel ,love the chase but muzzles and boxed hares and gaps a joke we give young guys a row for dropping rabbs i do and never do it but hares gaps muzzles taking all the natural ability of the dog and all the naturala bility of the hare far cry from annan coursing club waterloo new mexico grand course etc ,

old guy mite of not left clonmel ,love the chase but muzzles and boxed hares and gaps a joke we give young guys a row for dropping rabbs i do and never do it but hares gaps muzzles taking all the natural ability of the dog and all the naturala bility of the hare far cry from annan coursing club waterloo new mexico grand course etc ,

you know as well as i do whin that orgainised coursing events are about speed and money not wind and ability , and are not a reflection of what hounds were capable of 100 years ago,,i would debate that the hounds on these isles 100 or so years ago before money became the prize not the catching of quarry were more than able to stay, with greater wind than the bulked up sprinter of a hound bred today,,its one of the last remaining aspects of rural life still alive and thriving on this isle and long may it last,,