finished mews and start of my diary

saxonmaster

still think there is no need for the astro at all ,if u got pea gravel on the floor there should not be a issue just keep the leash as short as poss and no harm will come of the bird ,just man it proper andyou will have a good bird so use tirings as much as poss

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yes im touching his feet now, dont think i need to use tirings every time i man him. i want the bird to be with me because he is happy to be with me not everytime i pick him up hes getting food. if

Posted Images

still think there is no need for the astro at all ,if u got pea gravel on the floor there should not be a issue just keep the leash as short as poss and no harm will come of the bird ,just man it proper andyou will have a good bird so use tirings as much as poss

ok i might take it out tomorrow then cheers mate also what do you suggest as tirings mate

chicken necks or rabbits legs with meat stripped of them,the biggest error new 'falconers' do is put the bird on the glove and just have it sat there ,with a tiring the bird has to works for a long period of time to get the meat and this way the glove becomes a great place to be and not just a buckskin perch lol

Edited by grovsey

ok i might take it out tomorrow then cheers mate also what do you suggest as tirings mate

chicken necks or rabbits legs with meat stripped of them,the biggest error new 'falconers' do is put the bird on the glove and just have it sat there ,with a tiring the bird has to works for a long period of time to get the meat and this way the glove becomes a great place to be and not just a buckskin perch lol

Here's Ruby giving thor a close inspection...

P1000038.jpg

quality mate just look at those eyes she looks great mate. how she getting on mate

She's fine mate,she weighs 3.1 and her feathers are perfect she comes out every day even though she is moulting and is 100% happy even going to sleep on the fist while watching telly, spend as much time as you can with thor, get him freelofted and you will reap the rewards... a happy bird is a loyal bird.. as for your astro turf imho leave it you can easily hose it down which will easily soak away, im going to pm you my mobile if you need a chat.

P1000038.jpg

quality mate just look at those eyes she looks great mate. how she getting on mate

She's fine mate,she weighs 3.1 and her feathers are perfect she comes out every day even though she is moulting and is 100% happy even going to sleep on the fist while watching telly, spend as much time as you can with thor, get him freelofted and you will reap the rewards... a happy bird is a loyal bird.. as for your astro turf imho leave it you can easily hose it down which will easily soak away, im going to pm you my mobile if you need a chat.

if this bird is in moult she should be left alone to moult in piece as this is one way to get stress marks in the feather.why risk having crap all over the astro and the hastle of hosing it down when there is no reaon at all for it to be there in the first place and just using a hose pipe is not good enough u need to use vercon ect on it ,do you have it on the floor in a breeding chamber with the clutch of new bird in it NO !!11

i heard chicken or turkey necks are good mate with the rabbit legs do you mean strip the meat off? i still have some rabbit in the freezer also i take it i start using tirings when he is eating off the fist

yes strip the meat of as what the point fo having a bird on the first eating a chick ect in 2 mins,if the birds is in moult is should be getting a high quality diet to aid themoutl like quail,phez mixed in with chick

yes strip the meat of as what the point fo having a bird on the first eating a chick ect in 2 mins,if the birds is in moult is should be getting a high quality diet to aid themoutl like quail,phez mixed in with chick

P1000038.jpg

sending pm mate

get rid of the astro turf out the muse as it harbours jerms and its not needed ,nice set up mate but one thing u should look at is a double door as when the bird is in moult of free lofted it can escape now or or put some plastic strips to prevent this ,

ian

I use astro turf on all perches in the Peregrine aviaries! never had a problem with any germs as I'm spraying the turf down. the whole aviaries get sprayed down with Virkon a few times a year which does the trick.

Once its worn out and looking rough its replaced, it certainly avoids any problems with Bumblefoot in the falcons when perching.

Jasper

post-251-0-98648100-1312753516_thumb.jpg

post-251-0-01298400-1312753560_thumb.jpg

post-251-0-94455300-1312753615_thumb.jpg

not onABOUT ON THE PECHES IM ONABOUT ON THE FLOOR

whats the difference then if its kept clean? weather its on the floor or on a perch you're still going to get Germs! then again where don;t you get them when raw meat is in use. I use astro on shelf perches where birds sit most of the day and have done for years. if it gets covered in shit its easy to power wash down weather its on the floor or on a perch, give it a blast with some Anti Bac <Virkon> and a quick hose down and Bingo! nice and clean again...

The floors of my aviaries are sharp sand as is the weatherings.