finished mews and start of my diary

saxonmaster

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yes im touching his feet now, dont think i need to use tirings every time i man him. i want the bird to be with me because he is happy to be with me not everytime i pick him up hes getting food. if

Posted Images

Nice work Billy, Glad Thor's starting to do the job now mate, as for his 'calling' to you i can't comment, i'm sure someone will know!

keep the pics/story coming mate

cheers mate he has had a radio on in his mews sinse last night just so its not quiet all the time out in the garden and it will mask any noise that might come from the house and also i think a fox has been hanging around and im hoping that will keep it away if it can hear a human voice. Anyway its seems to be working as my little one just had a fit in the kitchen over his breakfast and not a noise i know he will start calling once he sees me but i am just working on breaking the habit of calling and keeping it to a min and by the time it come s to his moult ill put him away for 6 months and hopefully it will break the calling fully. Had a good chat with jaspa last night and he came up with a really good idea that because he is not calling at all at night and now the clocks have gone back it will obviously get darker earlier so im going to fly him later in the day so by the time i get back it will be getting dark even if i have to leave him in his box for an hour which i did yesterday and it worked well and then put him away once dark. A few lads have been giving me some good advice so a big thanks to jaspa and grovsey and thanks for taking time out of there busy lives its much appreciated and look forward to meeting you both :toast::thumbs:

Nice work Billy, Glad Thor's starting to do the job now mate, as for his 'calling' to you i can't comment, i'm sure someone will know!

cheers mate he has had a radio on in his mews sinse last night just so its not quiet all the time out in the garden and it will mask any noise that might come from the house and also i think a fox has been hanging around and im hoping that will keep it away if it can hear a human voice. Anyway its seems to be working as my little one just had a fit in the kitchen over his breakfast and not a noise i know he will start calling once he sees me but i am just working on breaking the habit of calling and keeping it to a min and by the time it come s to his moult ill put him away for 6 months and hopefully it will break the calling fully. Had a good chat with jaspa last night and he came up with a really good idea that because he is not calling at all at night and now the clocks have gone back it will obviously get darker earlier so im going to fly him later in the day so by the time i get back it will be getting dark even if i have to leave him in his box for an hour which i did yesterday and it worked well and then put him away once dark. A few lads have been giving me some good advice so a big thanks to jaspa and grovsey and thanks for taking time out of there busy lives its much appreciated and look forward to meeting you both :toast::thumbs:

plenty of kills under his belt might quieten him down if not when its time for moult seal the aivery and have half open roof and leave him fat till mid september mine started first season thats what i done never screamed last season and hasnt this season touch wood know how you feel good luck with him

plenty of kills under his belt might quieten him down if not when its time for moult seal the aivery and have half open roof and leave him fat till mid september mine started first season thats what i done never screamed last season and hasnt this season touch wood know how you feel good luck with him

Cheers mate I covered his window yesterday but have left the roof open for him and fitted cctv (cheers punch and judy) so i can check him without having to disturb him on the days im not flying him. I fly him most days so im not to worried about him in a closed off mews. I didnt fly him yesterday as he was to heavy as he had a good feed on a kill saturday so i had to put him in his travel box while i worked on his mews and he didnt make a sound and thats with me next to him drilling,hammering and talking and the kids where out there to so this is why i have covered his window as it might keep him calmer. He was killing friday and saturday but we wasnt out long as he nailed every rabbit that bolted but going back out today and see how he goes. Thanks again mate i hope it does work and will keep this updated as i hope it will help other thinking of getting into falconry because at the moment it has totally taken over my life and not as easy as some think. :thumbs:

Cheers mate I covered his window yesterday but have left the roof open for him and fitted cctv (cheers punch and judy) so i can check him without having to disturb him on the days im not flying him. I fly him most days so im not to worried about him in a closed off mews. I didnt fly him yesterday as he was to heavy as he had a good feed on a kill saturday so i had to put him in his travel box while i worked on his mews and he didnt make a sound and thats with me next to him drilling,hammering and talking and the kids where out there to so this is why i have covered his window as it might keep him calmer. He was killing friday and saturday but we wasnt out long as he nailed every rabbit that bolted but going back out today and see how he goes. Thanks again mate i hope it does work and will keep this updated as i hope it will help other thinking of getting into falconry because at the moment it has totally taken over my life and not as easy as some think. :thumbs:

another thing that might have started screaming is if he sees the dogs getting fed my lurchers used to get excited when i fed them harrises are very clever he might see them as food competitors just a thought