Sounds like C*nter1989 , again

Copied from Pigeon Watch Forum -

I am posting this item because I do not want anybody else to get scammed by a family who are running several scams on shooting forums. I will also keep you updated as I go through the HM Courts and Tribunals process to recover my hard earned money.

Last month, I responded to advertisements for three air rifles being sold by Lez Graham of Gloucestershire. Unfortunately, I fell for his sob story about needing cash to put down on a deposit as he had just split up from his partner. He gave me the bank details of Ms Sophie Gibbs (as he did not have a bank account) who I assumed was his new girlfriend. I was to deposit the cash and when he had made sure that he had the funds he would send me the rifles. Days went by and, yes, you’ve guessed it, the rifles did not arrive.

I managed to obtain the mobile telephone number of Ms Gibbs and had countless text messages from her to which I replied. Some of these text messages got quite nasty and she even had the audacity to accuse me of trying to scam money out of her. She eventually said that she would repay the money but it would take a little while as she had to borrow it from friends and family. Having waited several days, I sent Ms. Gibbs a Registered Letter demanding the return of my money within 7 days. This was taken in and signed for at the address I had on file for Ms Gibbs.

I was then notified by Paypal of four separate payments into my Paypal account covering the total amount due. This was paid in by three different people (1) Brett Morrison (2) Mark Bedford and (3) James Farmer. Paypal initially withheld the monies but now they have sent the payments back to Mark Bedford and James Farmer (Paypal described these men as “not honest people”) and they are still making inquiries into Brett Morrison. Thankfully, my wife and I kept all the text messages to and from Ms. Sophie Gibbs plus e-mails to and from Lez Graham and also Stephen Graham (who we now believe is Ms Gibbs’ partner).

I gave Ms. Gibbs more than sufficient time to repay the money but now communications have ceased and no one is replying to my e-mails, text messages or voicemails. I have therefore got in touch with the Police who are very interested in this case as they have come across the Grahams before. In conjunction with this I have now opened formal legal proceedings against them. I have submitted a claim with Money Claim Online - a Government operation run by HM Courts and Tribunal Service. I was advised to do this by another member Oly who had been scammed by the Grahams in April. The Court ruled in his favour and ordered David Graham to pay the money immediately, and at the stage of Oly instructing baliffs he got all his money back from the scammers, plus the Court expenses.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why the hell don`t we just go and kick the crap out of this muppet ?

i think i humped his missus one night over a dustbin she barked like a dog...

Why the hell don`t we just go and kick the crap out of this muppet ?

If he carries on, that'll happen soon enough. :yes: The world is a very small place now the internet allows people to communicate with each other from all over.. :yes::thumbs:

Ruddy hell buster, he has also been at it again on Airgun Forum, taking cash for a Bushnell and an HW stock. Passed Oly's details onto them so he can help them. It is getting to the point where someone will introduce them to the delights of a knuckle sandwich whilst playing football with their testicles. I cannot figure out why they have not been arrested, as this is an ongoing problem and the only way to stop it must be to arrest them and send them down for a while...

As said above, I'm staggered that no one's been round to pay these clowns a friendly visit.

It's obvious they've ripped a lot of folks off who know where they are and yet nobody's paid them a call.

FFS, somebody please grow a set, these twats clearly aren't bothered by the courts so the options of recourse are getting limited, don't you think?

Trouble is you hit them and the law is on their side. They are now repeat offenders and I cannot figure out for the life of me why they have not been arrested. If there are any members who are serving police officers perhaps they can explain why I got a visit despite phoning in and these muppets have not been arrested!

Read Oly's thread in general topics for more details on how he is diversifying!

Edited by secretagentmole

Mike, the law may be on their side in principal but If plod don't know who to go after, they've not got much to go on have they?

I honestly am staggered that these twats aren't spending some quality time recovering in wheelchairs by now. The amount of folks who've been scamed by them and who have a point of contact keeps on going up and yet they're still walking about with knee caps intact.

Pathetic, IMHO....

Again from Pigeon Watch -

There have been repeated attempts by David Graham and Stephen Graham to register on shooting forums, accept payments for items and then not send them. This has resulted in one successful court case prosecution against them by Oly on Pigeon Watch, who was able to reclaim £350 he sent for an air rifle which was never sent. In addition to this he was able to re-claim the court fees.

However, these individuals have not stopped their illegal activities and have subsequently taken £750 from another member without sending them items. I have every reason to suspect that they joined under the account Marine this morning on Pigeon Watch and has very quickly listed several high value items, ipad, iphone for bargain prices. This account has been suspended pending full investigation but I would advise any member who has been in communication with them to NOT send any money for any items, as they are very unlikely to be sent.

The full details are on this topic on the hunting life website:

http://www.thehuntin...potential-scam/

Please be very careful about sending money for items to a new member, particularily if it is a high value item and they request no paypal or paypal via gift only, or refuse to do a face to face transaction.

Just to add i joined the airgun talk site and `badgered` the mods/admin about who they we`re and could they prove it , once ide had enough i made sure the account was deleted ( mine ) . Ide be interested to know what info is on their site .

Buster

Yes , what a pair of Pricks .

Ide love em to try and ripp me off , and just because i know they will read this , or see it somehow .

Your BOTH welcome to come and shoot on my permission , just let me know when to expect you ..............

Stephen , the dog ruff girl is , i believe Hailey , his unfortunate Mrs .

Capture3-1.png

Capture2-2.png

David

Capture1-1.png

Capture-32.png