surplus ammo

Do you have any left over ??

223-224-264-243-303-308 heads surplus. Maybe an old calibre you had.

or

any powder to suit above ??

I am looking to buy any surplus powder or ammo you have. Will collect, within reasonable price & distance.

please PM :)

• 2 weeks later...

Are you aware of the legality of what you are seeming to suggest. You can be jailed for 5 years if you are found in possession of a bullet that you are not authorised to hold. If you are an RFD then it might be as well to state that.

A

You are assuming he is not licensed for the ammo he is requesting? I do have some friends who arent RFD's but have a similar list of permitted calibres on their tickets.

D.

Agreed I am assuming that.

With a box full of those calibers why buy suplus bullets that may be unsuited for what the guy has in mind, they would mostly need to be F to F anyway. As for old powder, I may buy some powder from a mate who knows what he is about reloading wise, ie it has not been subjected to high temps, damp or been mixed but not from a complete stranger.

The request just did not ring right with me in fact it rang alarm bells but on checking the guy has nearly 100 posts so must be a sporting shooter.

A

Are you aware of the legality of what you are seeming to suggest. You can be jailed for 5 years if you are found in possession of a bullet that you are not authorised to hold. If you are an RFD then it might be as well to state that.

A

That would only apply if it were a bullet which was designed or adapted to expand on or immediately after impact. You are correct if it's ammunition though, and you don't have authority for it.

J.

Agreed I am assuming that.

With a box full of those calibers why buy suplus bullets that may be unsuited for what the guy has in mind, they would mostly need to be F to F anyway. As for old powder, I may buy some powder from a mate who knows what he is about reloading wise, ie it has not been subjected to high temps, damp or been mixed but not from a complete stranger.

The request just did not ring right with me in fact it rang alarm bells but on checking the guy has nearly 100 posts so must be a sporting shooter.

A

You make sense Alycidon and I see where your coming from.

D.