Starting greyhound racing

i remember going down to irvine wi my dad and his mate with a new dog they had brought over from ireland.so i was left to parade the dog,they paid a few quid for this dog,but they really hit it on the heid this night,cause they were gonna do a job.(hence the distance).so its the dogs TT race.so im parading the dog,and this guy next to me starts telling me he is trying with his.which i thought was weird as most folk never do it,always hold a bit back.well swear mate,the traps go up.this dug was out like a rocket .the look on that poor c**ts face was a picture haha.won by a distance and not one of us had a penny on it.went up to my old man and said ."well we got a RIGHT dug here.my old man said aye or there just all a pile a shite lol

I try and get over and visit my Dad once a week. It always leads to 'duggy' talk. Who done this and who done that. He's just giving his last dog awayn to someone. He got it a wee while back and it went for a dog when racing. He worked on it and hoped it was a one of. Got it running and go the money on it and it fell oot the box and got beat on the night. Gutted!!. Couple of weeks later, 1 fed night and it was sick in the car. Yound lad parading it couldn't get him on the phone to tell him it had been sick, so no money on and it boomed out and won easy. Sick as a parrot so he gave it away. No luck.................. :laugh:

aye think you may be right bout it not being for me lol i dont tell anyone anything....... i ran my dog and he won 3 off the bat in the 440m one by about 4 lengths lol i never ever bet on him anyhow i just like running him (i think im fecking daft too fellas) anyhow this guy comes over n asks me how i get him to run so quick when he usually runs about 26-27secs lol my mate looked at me as if to say tell him an il kill ya so i piped up well before i bring him in i talk to him in the motor telling him he has to win then i said i spin him round and shot me finger up his ass n give the command chase. the look on the guys face was awsome lol you could tell he didnt know what to think, i told him i put him in the trap and as it comes up i shout chase and thats him away scared he's gunna get me finger again lol, i was totally convincing him when me pal burst out laffing like mad the guy told me a was a little c**t lol so i told him the truth 2 20minute walks on the lead a day n leave him tied up in his kennel!!! :whistling: went down like a lead balloon but hey thats what i got told when i got into it some people are just daft lol :D