Places to get chicken carcasses or other dog meat?

I'm lucky enough to be getting an industrial mincer to mince rabbits, waste meats etc up for the dogs. The trouble is it's not worth starting up for a dozen rabbits at a time (the amount i normally get at one time) so i need extra meat to mix in along with it. Where are the best places to get meat like chicken carcasses etc for cheap or free. Cheers

• Like 1

Catch more lol,

Na asked at the butchers/fishmonger for off cuts scraps, Chicken carcasses,necks,wings, lights (lungs,heart,liver), All fatty off cuts ect, Ask about fella you will hit on one that will always offer a small something rabbits even in the season ect,

i'll get ringing round tomorrow, can't wait to get this machine going and fill the freezer with dog food all at once and maybe even sell a bag or two :tongue2:. I've been told that if i did catch enough rabbits to feed the dogs that after so long of just eating rabbits it is bad for them as well. So I'll be chucking veg in as well and a load of varied meat fingers crossed!

I use the local butchers mate. Any dog needs a variety of meat, red AND white in equall amounts. And as you mentioned veg as well. Personally i dont see much point in mincing it, dogs are more than capable of crunching up bones to eat a carcass. In fact i would say its better for them because they are using their neck muscles to pull chunks off and they are cleaning their teeth as they chew it. Altho i suppose it would take up less freezer space.

i havent got that bigger freezer mate and i mix my stuff with redmills at the minute, they went off their food for a bit so i tried the trick of giving them their bowl for only 10 minutes and if they don't finish it take it away and it worked a treat! The redmills is just used as a mixer really as just giving them the meat i get at the minute wouldn't give them the varied diet you talk about i dont think.

dont no where your from but dont overlook any local halal butchers, council charges them to take their waste away so they're only too willing to give it (chicken and lamb carcases) for free

Y.I.S Leeview

Thats what i do lee i can get as much as i want, but each time i get it, it takes me about 2 hours to sort it all out ie the good from the bad, then theres the hassel of gettin rid of the rubbish once finished so its hard work really, but what i do get for the freezer really is top stuff and fresh.