The Glorious 12th is nearly here.

What are the grouse numbers looking like? I have been getting some reports of decent number from various keepers.

There seems to be no drop in demand for driven grouse shooting. So prices won't be coming down.

There could be some really good opportunities on the dogging moors. Has anyone booked any day, if you have what are they charging?

What are the grouse numbers looking like? I have been getting some reports of decent number from various keepers.

There seems to be no drop in demand for driven grouse shooting. So prices won't be coming down.

There could be some really good opportunities on the dogging moors. Has anyone booked any day, if you have what are they charging?

a gentelman never divulges the cost of his day on the grouse sir bad form :hmm:

a gentelman never divulges the cost of his day on the grouse sir bad form :hmm:

I thought it was a gentleman never discusses the cost of his tailor and who's wife he has slept with. Bad form indeed.

Having made some enquires there are some good prices to be had for September.

well our syndicate has a small moor that we visit at the start of the season it's not managed in any way but some years we have enough game to be able to have a walk out with the dogs.we will be up and watching the moor to see if enough grouse are about to warrant a days walk about.the most we have had in the bag was 2 1/2 brace not a lot i know but for the lads that shot them it was great :toast: and for those that did'nt theres always next season :cray:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

well our syndicate has a small moor that we visit at the start of the season it's not managed in any way but some years we have enough game to be able to have a walk out with the dogs.we will be up and watching the moor to see if enough grouse are about to warrant a days walk about.the most we have had in the bag was 2 1/2 brace not a lot i know but for the lads that shot them it was great :toast: and for those that did'nt theres always next season :cray:

I imagine your next years result will be far better for a bit of predator control and a bit of medicated grit.

Get a rota going and reap the rewards :thumbs:

Cheers

Duncan

up in scotland we had almost a week of rain and wind just as the grouse were hacking out, done the counts and it will not be as good a year for us as it was last year but we will still shoot plenty of days

To be fair, last year was a massive year for most moors. It will be very hard to match ;)

D