were do you think there is the most dog lads ?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just looking through posts and alot from sunderland co duraham

yes theres alot of dog lads from the north east,,, also south yorkshire, and south wales, also a good few around lancs , the thing they have in common is coal mines, or heavy industry. i also grew u

northeast home of the flat cap and whippet defo home of the most lurchers and hunting brigade and by far the best dogs suthern pussy lovers dont no what a good dog is they all stop in and watch the o

yes theres alot of dog lads from the north east,,, also south yorkshire, and south wales, also a good few around lancs , the thing they have in common is coal mines, or heavy industry. i also grew up in coal mining area , (mansfield) and lurchers , whippets , terriers , ferrets and racing pigeons were the norm

• Like 1

Tomo hit the nail squarely on the head,coal-mines and heavy industry,working-class districts always have more working dogs than middle class or upper class,when I was a kid there were loads of pigeon duckets,lurchers,terriers,ferrets around,plebian sports for the average guy that didnt cost a fortune,I live in a very nice area now,I maybe see one or two lurchers a year being walked if that?

Also a lot of my old mates who still live up-north have gotten their children into the sports,my mate in p/well shaun(a few of you know him)now keeps BOP's but his lads are into lurchers,Clucky also now has BOP's but his son has a dog,its sometimes a generational thing with the interests passed down.

yes theres alot of dog lads from the north east,,, also south yorkshire, and south wales, also a good few around lancs , the thing they have in common is coal mines, or heavy industry. i also grew up in coal mining area , (mansfield) and lurchers , whippets , terriers , ferrets and racing pigeons were the norm

Its still the norm now :laugh:

Where I grew up in Lancashire, there was terriers and lurchers in every backyard. Or it seeemed like it anyway. No wonder there was a shortage of game around and we pretty much always used to have to travel for sport.

Cheers, D.

I noticed alot in chesterfield when I was working there.