• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've just this very minute realised that i'm wrong and your right...............i'm very sorry if i've offended you by my swearing. Good luck in your venture and i'm sure the members on here will thin

Here you go numpty,   An Order has been made under Section One of the Pests Act 1954 by which England and Wales (except for the City of London, the Isles of Scilly and Skokholm Island) have been dec

I think grant has relised what a total tit he is and what a stupid idea he had but not man enough to hold his hands up

Posted Images

i can look at it from the other point i know this... but all i want is you to show me as said many times this so called law you know of stopping it if i was to go ahead and you cant.. FACT

all you do is to try and find another way of changing the subject so show me the facts you have please and show me that i cant do it ... thats all its you thats blowing it all up to be something big

so just show me ....

oh and dont worry i will be back tomorrow morning so you have plenty of time to find this evidence for me.. or not as always

Edited by grantellissheffield

Little temper tantram Grant.............. :boogy: Perhaps forget the legal aspects and look at it from a moral or even a realistic viewpoint? Before you reply wipe your eyes and stop stamping your feet...........

The guy has no morals ....go away and read the duty of best care to the animals you own ....i think you're likely to be breaking a few rules and regulations there with what your planning

i can look at it from the other point i know this... but all i want is you to show me as said many times this so called law you know of stopping it if i was to go ahead and you cant.. FACT

all you do is to try and find another way of changing the subject so show me the facts you have please and show me that i cant do it ... thats all its you thats blowing it all up to be something big

so just show me ....

oh and dont worry i will be back tomorrow morning so you have plenty of time to find this evidence for me.. or not as always

Here you go numpty,

An Order has been made under Section One of the Pests Act 1954 by which England and Wales (except for the City of London, the Isles of Scilly and Skokholm Island) have been declared a Rabbit Clearance Area. In this area, every occupier of land is responsible for destroying wild rabbits on his/her land or for taking steps to prevent them causing damage. This is a continuing obligation."(Defra)

and as for keeping the rabbits it is the responsibility of the landowner to care for any animal held in captivity on their property. As for the badger thing you have been talking to some strange people thinking that's what hunters would do.

• Like 2

so just show me ....

I want???? We aren't at mummys tea party now, i want doesn't get :cray: Take a little gander at the animal welfare act Granty boy. And i tend to think discussing the moral and ethical viewpoint is a valid point, you however seem to have a distinct lack of common sense. :yes:

Flo, your quite correct in what you posted, but he has his blinkers on, and is all giddy from his excess energy as its the school holidays..............

Good reply grant and as for hunting animals in captivity here you go...

Even before the Welfare Act, UK law made it illegal to:

• cruelly beat, kick, ill-treat, over-drive, over-load, torture, infuriate, or terrify any animal
  • cause unnecessary suffering through transportation
  • take part in the fighting or baiting of an animal
  • administer poisonous or injurious substances without good reason
  • permit operations to be carried out without due care and humanity
  • cause unnecessary suffering to an animal that is being destroyed to provide food for mankind
  • course and hunt a captive animal that is liberated in an injured, mutilated or exhausted condition, or course and hunt a captive animal in an enclosed space from which it has no reasonable chance of escape

So it looks like simoman might know a few things but most people have already said common sense and respect for the land and your quarry would tell you that it's wrong.

It is my belief that the legislation a number of people have been quoted has now been removed. There is no longer the responsibiliy of the landowner to deal with rabbits on his land. This was i believe changed last year or early this year.So is no longer something Defra will enforce on.

I personally see no problem with relocating rabbits to repopulate the land if the land owner is aware of the situation.

I was a member of a coursing club who regularily netted hares and still do so to increase hare count on their land.

What is the difference.

It is my belief that the legislation a number of people have been quoted has now been removed. There is no longer the responsibiliy of the landowner to deal with rabbits on his land. This was i believe changed last year or early this year.So is no longer something Defra will enforce on.

I personally see no problem with relocating rabbits to repopulate the land if the land owner is aware of the situation.

I was a member of a coursing club who regularily netted hares and still do so to increase hare count on their land.

What is the difference.

What is the difference.

Were the hares kept in an enclosed fenced field to hunt? I doubt it............

What is the difference.

the land owner has a responsibility to control the rabbits on his land but if the rabbits come from his to another landowners land he does not have to do anything

Regardless of the ethical or legal issues, it's a bit pathetic to want to hunt rabbits in a fenced in area anyway to be perfectly honest! Pointless, and hardly challenging is it! It'd be like putting a trout in a garden pond and then going fishing for it...............do it properly FFS!

Wheres Grant, i miss him and little tantrums, the constant begging for facts like a cross between a sponge and a dictionary, stamping his feet saying "show me the facts, mummy they wont show me the facts", the moral, legal and ethical stand has been shown but alas Grant, poor blinkered little Grant is having none of it, he shared his genius plan at the local park during a break from playing poo sticks in the local stream with the other children, "what a spiffing idea Grant" said Chalrles, "oh thats such a truly marvelous plan Grant" said Imelda, "thats it then chums, im going to go on THL and share my plan with the world". Unfortunately your idea has been blown out of the water but Grant wont listen, just like the time mummy said no to a third helping of jelly and ice cream, "but mummy, i demand more" gasped Grant through tears of frustration and anger, mummy held her ground until Grant did a dirty protest in his hand and rubbed it over his face screaming "the poo fairies love Grant, the poo fairies love Grant" so THL members, Grant required facts, Grant received facts but as they didn't agree with his mind set he chose to ignore them, so Grant, best thing is for you to do whatever you want and then you can face Charles and Imelda at the park with your chest and chin stuck out "Oh Grant, what did the commoners on THL think of your idea?". You can just raise your chin to the sky and say "They loved it"...............

post-1118-0-84847600-1313320134.jpg