ok i have just managed to get some land its full of woodies and crows and the odd rabbit, can anybody get hold of any live bunnys to introduce back onto the land its mainly cow fields. but a few fields he has just left and doesnt use them for anything so i think thats my best bet. i dont mind paying for them, but its if you have a place to keep them till i can collect at a weekend. iam in sheffield will collect from chesterfield sheffield rotherham doncaster barnsley ect ... if anybody can help please pm me.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've just this very minute realised that i'm wrong and your right...............i'm very sorry if i've offended you by my swearing. Good luck in your venture and i'm sure the members on here will thin

Here you go numpty,   An Order has been made under Section One of the Pests Act 1954 by which England and Wales (except for the City of London, the Isles of Scilly and Skokholm Island) have been dec

I think grant has relised what a total tit he is and what a stupid idea he had but not man enough to hold his hands up

Posted Images

ok i have just managed to get some land its full of woodies and crows and the odd rabbit, can anybody get hold of any live bunnys to introduce back onto the land its mainly cow fields. but a few fields he has just left and doesnt use them for anything so i think thats my best bet. i dont mind paying for them, but its if you have a place to keep them till i can collect at a weekend. iam in sheffield will collect from chesterfield sheffield rotherham doncaster barnsley ect ... if anybody can help please pm me.

Lets see if I got this right... you just acquired NEW land to practice the art on and you think its acceptable to introduce more pests just for your enjoyment. Tell you what fella if I was the landowner and found you doin this you would be off and I'd make sure I'd tell everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this amusing image of a farmer giving someone permission to hunt rabbits on his land, and the following week that person turning up in a van and letting a shit load of rabbits go on his land :laugh:

Brilliant!

I would hazard a guess the farmer wouldn't be hugely impressed. Even if it is a field he doesn't use for anything, do you think the rabbits are just going to sit in that field and not go beyond the hedge???

Is this a seriouse request? If so does anyone want some foxes to put down to clear their rabbit problem I've got plenty since harvest they are in a Used condition sometimes a bit smelly and have rather large holes in places,just need a bit if resuscitation and ready to go,ha ha, couldn't help it sorry. If I did that on one of my permissions apart from a thick ear I would be looking for somewhere to hunt, all the best but can't take this one seriously

why is it illegal ? they are not native i know neither are most pheasants ect, and people say cant cos they vermin so are foxs and rspca release them. yes for shooting at my enjoyment just like people do with pheasants ect.

oh and yes the land owner said i could if i wanted to. why would i do it if he wasnt ok with it ? aint gonna flood it with 500 there are only around 3 holes active the rest have been got by the foxs and badgers....

The Pest Act 1954
  • It is the responsibility of the occupier of the land to control rabbit populations. MAFF or DEFRA as it is now known, have the power to enforce this work.

This would mean NOT spreading the bloody things!!
Edited by ratattack

look fella , the law has been pointed out to you in an above quote and you will get your arse burnt , the RSPCA (bless them) have millions of pounds and pluck at peoples heart strings with their publicity and get away with releasing vermin such as foxes ,.......................................you wont

edited to say

you need a movement order to relocate any wild animals ,.......................lets know how you get on

rrlmfao

Most right thinking folks would think that is is morally irresponsible to release pest species onto land; with or without the permission of the landowner.

Right, that's the moral situation sorted, now for the legal situation.

There is NO law that prevents the release of HEALTHY rabbits onto land.

There is also no such thing as a 'movement order' to relocate wild animals in general. It are, however, laws which prevent the release of a certain species (not rabbits).

If anyone wants to argue the point, then please quote relevant and valid legislation, not 'what I was told' nonsense.

thanks docks. they wont be going far the field is already fenced off and i have been able to get my hands on a pallet of thick chicken wire 30m rolls i think there is 15 rolls per pallet is slight seconds at 80.00 per pallet, i deliver to the place that makes it they have given me odd rolls for free in the past but i said i felt a bit rude so they have charged me scrap for it. and if i need more its there for me.. so iam gonna sink it a 2ft into the ground all the way round. one field. its prolby only 400yrds long by 100 yrds or so wide. but so long as i keep it clean and tidy he said its ok...

i could understand if i was gonna let them loose onto open fields then yes it would be idiotic, but iam not. end of the day they will be kept penned in safe and well cared for, just like game birds the only difference is on is classed as a pest and one as game,