Lowa Hunter Extreme GTX

Anyone got these boots?

I was initally after a decent wellie but i have decided that boots will suit me as better all round footware and after much research these seem my favourites.

Has anyone got them?

Are there better out there for the cash? Best ive found is £180 delivered.

I considered the Army Pro Goretex also but heard a few reviews that they can make the feet sweat badly and then the goretex lining takes ages to dry out thus leaving wet feet.

http://www.armynnavy.com/catalog/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/3598

Any input appreciated.

Gaz

Cheers lads. They do sound like a top boot.

Any idea how long you could realistally expect these to last?

Worn daily, probably 2 hours walking in the morning mostly lane walking with a bit of mooching, then in season Lamping 3 times a week in obvious conditions, muddy, wet, snow etc.

Will you get a few seasons out of them?

Cheers

Gaz

Cheers lads. They do sound like a top boot.

Any idea how long you could realistally expect these to last?

Worn daily, probably 2 hours walking in the morning mostly lane walking with a bit of mooching, then in season Lamping 3 times a week in obvious conditions, muddy, wet, snow etc.

Will you get a few seasons out of them?

Cheers

Gaz

looked after properly id say ye would get a couple a seasons out of them :thumbs:

I've a pair here four seasons digging and hunting hounds ready to be replaced this season never been cleaned or polished only thing wrong Is there soles now slick they are cracked and ragged but still waterproof top boot these were worn daily and still are and hunted all weekend well worth the spend meindle not a patch I've had them previous they didn't last any were near I had three set Of them I was a big fan till I tried the lowa military.com

I wear the lowa combat gtx. These boots get hammered. All day every day in all weathers. If you look after them and clean them and dry slowly and pollish regular you will get life out of them. I usually get nearly two years before they start to look tired.

The goretex does make your feet sweat especially through the summer but they dry well and it doesent bother your feet much if you wear the right socks.

I have tried loads of boots including the ludicrously priced han wag which didnt last for me.

I cant comment on the boots you have mentioned but lowa are worth every penny. Just look after them.

Check out bellman and Flint site and read todhunters report on them if there good enough for him

In country like the cathra then I can honestly say there good enough for anyone militarykit.com cheapest around I spent ages looking for cheaper