Any of you give your ferrets

ferret100, have you ever seen one of your ferrets actually kill any prey? Reason I ask is because different ferrets kill in different ways, from throttling, to taking their preys eyes out, even had a jill that would bolt them by attaching herself to the nose and rolling herself still attached similar to how crocodiles roll :yes: now its not something you can teach them what I wll say is the hob that took the eyes out, something his offspring did also and they never worked alongside him ever :hmm:

Y.I.S Leeview

I thought we were talking about polecats?! I have one ferret that tends to go for the eyes/face, but I'm not really sure what they get up to underground in general, depends i suppose on what bit they get a grip on and how stubborn the rabbit is. With mice they just shake them about, and I have one that decapitiates pigeons and plays with the head, while the others eat the body. Each to their own. I'll be interested to see what the hybrids do, or even if they are worth working. Bit off the point, but years ago, I went ploughing with Suffolk Punch horses, they guy that owned them lost a new born lamb to his ferrets, they had pulled the mesh off their cage and in a joint effort latched onto the lambs nose/mouth and suffocated it. He fed it to them, so not to waste it, was suprised at the ferrets acting in a pack, so to speak, and they got a good meal out of it! Anyway, Harris & Yaldon have done the research on polecats hunting habits etc paralysing prey and stashing it in their den.

i heard that story too the ferrets ate the lambs liver with a nice chianti :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2::blink:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I were to give advice to a novice, it would be to completely ignore everything you hear from Ferret100.....reason, because to someone who is new to ferrets he could sound like he knows what he's on

Ferret wikki   Just talks total bollocks really,, ,, when I see that shes posted now ,I pretty much avoid a thread, as she fekin destroys them with inane pish!!

It really depends on your ferrets diet as to whether additional vitamins/FFA's/minerals/amino acids etc are necessary. Excess fat soluble vits, such as A & D, contained in organs such as liver are

ferret100, have you ever seen one of your ferrets actually kill any prey? Reason I ask is because different ferrets kill in different ways, from throttling, to taking their preys eyes out, even had a jill that would bolt them by attaching herself to the nose and rolling herself still attached similar to how crocodiles roll :yes: now its not something you can teach them what I wll say is the hob that took the eyes out, something his offspring did also and they never worked alongside him ever :hmm:

Y.I.S Leeview

I thought we were talking about polecats?! I have one ferret that tends to go for the eyes/face, but I'm not really sure what they get up to underground in general, depends i suppose on what bit they get a grip on and how stubborn the rabbit is. With mice they just shake them about, and I have one that decapitiates pigeons and plays with the head, while the others eat the body. Each to their own. I'll be interested to see what the hybrids do, or even if they are worth working. Bit off the point, but years ago, I went ploughing with Suffolk Punch horses, they guy that owned them lost a new born lamb to his ferrets, they had pulled the mesh off their cage and in a joint effort latched onto the lambs nose/mouth and suffocated it. He fed it to them, so not to waste it, was suprised at the ferrets acting in a pack, so to speak, and they got a good meal out of it! Anyway, Harris & Yaldon have done the research on polecats hunting habits etc paralysing prey and stashing it in their den.

Did I read this right? How do your ferrets get live pigeons to decapitate? Can they fly or do you chuck them in the cage for them along with a few live mice?

'Brian-911' timestamp='1313310734' post='2192572']

'Veedublee' timestamp='1313284180' post='2192467']

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wind your neck in son, unless you wanna keep going and Ill quite happily come knock it off for you

Take it he doesn't know what unit your in :huh: id sell tickets for this :boogy: :boogy:

the big fight eh,wont be better than tesco mate..or the one today at the farm!

comon joe dont hold back tell all :yes:

Y.I.S Leeview

Did I read this right? How do your ferrets get live pigeons to decapitate? Can they fly or do you chuck them in the cage for them along with a few live mice?

The pigeons are already dead.

Y.I.S Leeview

i heard that story too the ferrets ate the lambs liver with a nice chianti :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2::blink:

Bet they enjoyed it!

Brian-911......

There's no need for threats on an Internet forum. It's not real life and I'm not stood in front of you. The whole threads boring my tits off.

Your a hard guy so I better leave it before I get my neck knocked off

'Brian-911' timestamp='1313310734' post='2192572']

'Veedublee' timestamp='1313284180' post='2192467']

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wind your neck in son, unless you wanna keep going and Ill quite happily come knock it off for you

Take it he doesn't know what unit your in :huh: id sell tickets for this :boogy: :boogy:

the big fight eh,wont be better than tesco mate..or the one today at the farm!

comon joe dont hold back tell all :yes:

rakeaboot got setupon by the farmer,his mrs managed to stop it then kick fook out the old timer(bet shes glad she had that "tool" in bag)

nah only joking,though the farmer was a fanny

Brian-911......

There's no need for threats on an Internet forum. It's not real life and I'm not stood in front of you. The whole threads boring my tits off.

Your a hard guy so I better leave it before I get my neck knocked off

Thats one thing I'll agree with you on, this whole thread bored the titis off of me 8 pages ago. No I'm not a hard guy it just pisses me off when people have to get offensive over someone asking a simple question. And yes I did go over the top and there was no need for it, but FFS this all started off by me asking if anyone gave there ferrets vitamins!? I asked a question to people who know more about it than myself ( well I thought ) but then I get abuse because I feed my ferrets bread and milk once or twice a month!? It's ridiculos! The only good thing to come out of this thread is the fact that it's a star topic lol surely there can't be many with 10 pages ??! Anyhow if I could delete I would because its just got well out of hand

'Rake aboot' timestamp='1313362281' post='2193824']

Right yah pair oh Dalkieth fannies !!! hahaha,, I woulda had the auld fud nae bother!! if he hadnae run a way!! lol.. wi ma "tool" hahahahahaha

What the f*ck do they put in the water over there Nugget gets a pasting off windy lickers and your fighting with farmers :cray:

• Like 1

Right yah pair oh Dalkieth fannies !!! hahaha,, I woulda had the auld fud nae bother!! if he hadnae run a way!! lol.. wi ma "tool" hahahahahaha

You what?? Lol and I thought I'd had too much thatchers tonight

That actually makes perfect sense !! hahahahahaha

"Right you pair of Dalkieth vaginas hahahaha I would have had the old arsehole no bother if he hadn`t run off!! :boogy: just the one bottle of wine tonight mate !!! lol