Any of you give your ferrets

I've never bothered before but me mates been going on about I oughtto give them some now and again, but they fresh meat and complete ferret food so think that should give them all they need.

It really depends on your ferrets diet as to whether additional vitamins/FFA's/minerals/amino acids etc are necessary. Excess fat soluble vits, such as A & D, contained in organs such as liver are not recommended, but excess water soluble vits are of no consequence. Amino acids such as Taurine, are vital to ferret health and are relatively low in dietary muscle tissue. Tbh, this goes on and on. I'm not sure what answer you expected, as many on this forum have little clue regarding the appropriate dietary requirements of ferrets.

I feed a mix of quality dried ferret food brands, a balanced mix of meat, organ & bone, plus various supplements.

It really depends on the vitamin supplement you are talking about, what it contains and whether it is necessary in relation to the diet your ferrets already recieve.

Ahh right well yeah, I feed them mix of complete, fresh meat, and now and again abit of bread and milk. Think theyll get all the vitamins they need. Cheers

'Brian-911' timestamp='1311668305' post='2167757']

Ahh right well yeah, I feed them mix of complete, fresh meat, and now and again abit of bread and milk. Think theyll get all the vitamins they need. Cheers

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif Another one with out a clue must be school summer holidays

And you know everything about ferrets right f**k face? My old man always had ferrets and I've had them, never had a sick one and they were all fed in that diet apart from maybe the complete. So wind yer neck in son

As youv'e already been told there cant take milk it gives them the shits but because your dad did it keep pumping in the bread and milk :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

2-3 times a month is not going to harm them, smoking, drinking alcohol, sugary drinks, eating takeaway food there all bad for the human body but I bet you have them. So shut up you sad c**t

Yeh, but in all fairness, animals rely on their owners, just like children rely on their parents, and no right minded adult will give their child cigs & drink, crap food etc. Anyway, point is, bread and milk isn't suitable to feed ferrets, regardless of frequency. A mix of meat and complete ferret food is great, but not bread and milk. The ferrets get no goodness from it, and the excess starch and lactose really isn't good for them, it might not kill them, but it's still a poor choice. It's not an opinion, but a fact and you can rant, rave and swear all you want, but it won't change anything.

You cant educate them ferret and because dad did it , they will still get saps

That doesn't even makesense, my my your grammar is shocking. All makes sense now, your a little retarded poor thing. Never mind you still got your ferrets hey, but your one of those no mrs no kids so you look at your animals like there your family. How sad

If you're going to criticise someone for their grammar, it would be good practice to make sure that yours is correct and above criticism... Bell end.. :doh:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I were to give advice to a novice, it would be to completely ignore everything you hear from Ferret100.....reason, because to someone who is new to ferrets he could sound like he knows what he's on

Ferret wikki   Just talks total bollocks really,, ,, when I see that shes posted now ,I pretty much avoid a thread, as she fekin destroys them with inane pish!!

It really depends on your ferrets diet as to whether additional vitamins/FFA's/minerals/amino acids etc are necessary. Excess fat soluble vits, such as A & D, contained in organs such as liver are

I've never bothered before but me mates been going on about I oughtto give them some now and again, but they fresh meat and complete ferret food so think that should give them all they need.

It really depends on your ferrets diet as to whether additional vitamins/FFA's/minerals/amino acids etc are necessary. Excess fat soluble vits, such as A & D, contained in organs such as liver are not recommended, but excess water soluble vits are of no consequence. Amino acids such as Taurine, are vital to ferret health and are relatively low in dietary muscle tissue. Tbh, this goes on and on. I'm not sure what answer you expected, as many on this forum have little clue regarding the appropriate dietary requirements of ferrets.

I feed a mix of quality dried ferret food brands, a balanced mix of meat, organ & bone, plus various supplements.

It really depends on the vitamin supplement you are talking about, what it contains and whether it is necessary in relation to the diet your ferrets already recieve.

'Brian-911' timestamp='1311668305' post='2167757']

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif Another one with out a clue must be school summer holidays

And you know everything about ferrets right f**k face? My old man always had ferrets and I've had them, never had a sick one and they were all fed in that diet apart from maybe the complete. So wind yer neck in son

As youv'e already been told there cant take milk it gives them the shits but because your dad did it keep pumping in the bread and milk :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

2-3 times a month is not going to harm them, smoking, drinking alcohol, sugary drinks, eating takeaway food there all bad for the human body but I bet you have them. So shut up you sad c**t

Yeh, but in all fairness, animals rely on their owners, just like children rely on their parents, and no right minded adult will give their child cigs & drink, crap food etc. Anyway, point is, bread and milk isn't suitable to feed ferrets, regardless of frequency. A mix of meat and complete ferret food is great, but not bread and milk. The ferrets get no goodness from it, and the excess starch and lactose really isn't good for them, it might not kill them, but it's still a poor choice. It's not an opinion, but a fact and you can rant, rave and swear all you want, but it won't change anything.

You cant educate them ferret and because dad did it , they will still get saps

That doesn't even makesense, my my your grammar is shocking. All makes sense now, your a little retarded poor thing. Never mind you still got your ferrets hey, but your one of those no mrs no kids so you look at your animals like there your family. How sad

If you're going to criticise someone for their grammar, it would be good practice to make sure that yours is correct and above criticism... Bell end.. :doh:

Why look Matt must be the boyfriend coming to the rescue, or do you just have a secret crush on him?? Looks to me like your after HIS bell end dirty little shit pusher but I suppose it's nice to give your brothers arse a few nights of now and again sickkkkkkk fucckkkkk

Why look Matt must be the boyfriend coming to the rescue, or do you just have a secret crush on him?? Looks to me like your after HIS bell end dirty little shit pusher but I suppose it's nice to give your brothers arse a few nights of now and again sickkkkkkk fucckkkkk

Like I said - Bell end.. :doh:

Mate only one bellend here and that's yourself, keyboard tough guy, there's quite a few of them on here. All mouth, and yeah gave them a nice big bowl of milk this morning bloody loved it mind!

Mate only one bellend here and that's yourself, keyboard tough guy, there's quite a few of them on here. All mouth, and yeah gave them a nice big bowl of milk this morning bloody loved it mind!

So I'm a keyboard tough guy for calling you a bell end am I? :laugh: I can't see how having a negative opinion of a person based on their internet posting makes me a 'tough guy'. If you feel threatened by somebody calling you by a mild expletive on an internet forum, maybe you should stay indoors for the rest of your sad & pathetic little life..

..and for the record, it was you who started chucking personal insults about on this thread, so that says to me you're the sort of retarded f**k who thinks they can say what they want to people then get all upset and start throwing tantrums when someone says anything back.

If you want to see who the real internet tough guy is, maybe you should take a look in the mirror. Bell end... :doh:

You've got a thing about male reproduction organs, strange man I must say. And by what you said earlier about don't ask questions about stuff if you don't want to hear the answers. I asked if ppl gave there ferrets vitamins, not there opinion on what I feed mine. Classic example of why this sites gone down hill because nobody can say anything without ppl replying with negative comments or taking the piss ! Ppl like yourself for instance

Amusing! you think what others have put on this thread is a classic example of why the sites "gone downhill"....but not your posts? re-read it and have a long hard think to yourself, silly lad :bye:.

• Like 1

You've got a thing about male reproduction organs, strange man I must say. And by what you said earlier about don't ask questions about stuff if you don't want to hear the answers. I asked if ppl gave there ferrets vitamins, not there opinion on what I feed mine. Classic example of why this sites gone down hill because nobody can say anything without ppl replying with negative comments or taking the piss ! Ppl like yourself for instance

Amusing! you think what others have put on this thread is a classic example of why the sites "gone downhill"....but not your posts? re-read it and have a long hard think to yourself, silly lad :bye:.

Ohh look another nause who's been watching too much Jeremy Kyle, sticking his nose in where its not needed tut tut. Didn't your parents ever teach you to mind your own business...clearly not

Ohh look another nause who's been watching too much Jeremy Kyle, sticking his nose in where its not needed tut tut. Didn't your parents ever teach you to mind your own business...clearly not

Erm,,, whats a nause ?

Alrite mate i'm in the category of not avin a Clue, but i feed my Healthy , Workin Ferrets , rabbit, squirrel, pidgeon,rook etc ,(always at night in warmer months ) & abit of dry biscuit for achange, but not instead of, ps where do Polecats get their supplements in the Wild ?

• Like 1

Alrite mate i'm in the category of not avin a Clue, but i feed my Healthy , Workin Ferrets , rabbit, squirrel, pidgeon,rook etc ,(always at night in warmer months ) & abit of dry biscuit for achange, but not instead of, ps where do Polecats get their supplements in the Wild ?

Hi, I'm not sure whether it's appropriate to compare the diet of a wild species to that of a domesticated species. A wild Polecat will supplement its diet by killing what it needs. Domesticated ferrets only have the choice to eat what the're given.