Was asked by mum to have a look at her pc today, she's been sending emails but a few people haven't received them.

By the time I'd updated her pc, and her outlook express to windows live mail, 4 hours had been lost forever :censored:

Tried sending a few emails to my hotmail, they didn't arrive, but showed in her sent items.

In the end, in utter despair, I rang oringe teckernickel sooport in Bangla fooking desh, who after about 35 minutes on hold told me that orange is having a problem communicating with other servers so therefore millions of emails are being lost every hour :blink:

So, if you're on orange and sending emails using orangehome.co.uk email addresses, forget it for a few days, they won't get to hotmail, gmail, and other webmail accounts, they will be lost for all time!

I wasted 5 hours of my life today finding that out!

Was asked by mum to have a look at her pc today, she's been sending emails but a few people haven't received them.

By the time I'd updated her pc, and her outlook express to windows live mail, 4 hours had been lost forever :censored:

Tried sending a few emails to my hotmail, they didn't arrive, but showed in her sent items.

In the end, in utter despair, I rang oringe teckernickel sooport in Bangla fooking desh, who after about 35 minutes on hold told me that orange is having a problem communicating with other servers so therefore millions of emails are being lost every hour :blink:

So, if you're on orange and sending emails using orangehome.co.uk email addresses, forget it for a few days, they won't get to hotmail, gmail, and other webmail accounts, they will be lost for all time!

I suppose it could have been worse mate...................it could have been me :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Try and get her to move from orange to something like gmail. That way she won't have to change her email if her ever changes isp. More reliable too. I just configured outlook with 2 accounts for my mum. So she could receive emails on the gmail account and her freeserve one but could only send and reply from the gmail one. After 12 months I just removed the freeserve one and she never noticed.

Try and get her to move from orange to something like gmail. That way she won't have to change her email if her ever changes isp. More reliable too. I just configured outlook with 2 accounts for my mum. So she could receive emails on the gmail account and her freeserve one but could only send and reply from the gmail one. After 12 months I just removed the freeserve one and she never noticed.

Mate, that was the first thing I tried :laugh:

I was trying to get her to use hotmail, but she said she doesn't "trust" web based mail because it isn't secure, she then hit me when I suggested she was a bit past sending dirty pictures.

Just hoping orange get sorted, can see me having a nightmare with this one ..............

• Like 1

Mate, that was the first thing I tried :laugh:

I was trying to get her to use hotmail, but she said she doesn't "trust" web based mail because it isn't secure, she then hit me when I suggested she was a bit past sending dirty pictures.

Just hoping orange get sorted, can see me having a nightmare with this one ..............

You can use gmail through outlook. Just send a mass email telling everyone the new address but don't tell her. :thumbs:

THE FUTURE IS NOT ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!.......... :no::whistling:

Not for my mum it's not for sure! :laugh:

I did try and get her on Plusnet but she knew best .............. :blink:

Not for my mum it's not for sure! :laugh:

I did try and get her on Plusnet but she knew best .............. :blink:

Mum's always do pal, until it all goes tits up.. Then it's all our fault! black%20eye.gif:laugh: