cut pad

Took my dog for a walk tonight and its took the top off its carpal pad i have put salt water on it is there anything else i can use should i take her the vets she doesnt seem in any pain with it could i use tcp on it thanks mike

TCP is fine as is Savlon. I don't think either it certified for dogs but if you can get some hibiscrub that's great and is certified for dogs.

What Husky racers do is get a small patch of cotton (moleskin cotton is the best as it's very tough), place it over the cut whilst holding it together and then applying superglue over the top of it. It seems to work well enough for them. The thing is with this method is that you must make sure it's 100% clean and infection free and it must not make it's way onto the raw flesh, only the pad (which is dead skin).

Guest dances

Get some winter greens oil or cream. Apply that once a day after abit of road walking

My bitch ripped all her pads a few years ago so we did the above based on the advice of a bull lad I know. Said that's what they used on them and the pads hardened up lovely. I've also heard you can use meths to harden the pads but its not worth the hassle when winter greens is only a few quid.

In my opinion hardening the pads properly is easier then repairing them mate because it wontplay them up

My dog sliced it in half bout 3 monthsago . Thought it might need stich . Bathed it dayly in salt water . Healed up ok . Hard to see the cut mark now. Was touch and go though at the time was thinking a visit to the vet. But after some time on the net . Was ready to let it heal . Amazing how well it has healed . And quickly .

the best thing for the top of the pad going is cut and heal made by multicare you will find that it does the job better than almost anything else and the dog should be up and running in 2wks get to a greyhound man he will have it.