post-17343-0-39154300-1311254732_thumb.jpg

Edited by holly1

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WELL H/F & MOXY ,   I HAVE QUITE AFEW PICTURES OF TOP CLASS TIE - CORDS AND HITCHES HOWEVER SINCE THE BOARD UP-DATE A WHILE AGO IVE BEEN UNABLE TO ADD PHOTOS , DONT KNOW WHY ? IVE CONTA

WELL , WHERE TO START FIRST ...... ?   FIRSTLY LETS CALL THEM BY THEIR PROPER NAME TIE CORDS ,... NOT TEATHERS !   MOXY ,......   LET ME SAY IVE HELPED ONE HELL OF A LOT OF LADS OUT BY S

IAM AFRAID WHEN I KEPT GAMEFOWL .......   I CERTAINLY WOULDNT BE PUTTING A BIRD I VALUED ON SUCH TIE CORD , THEY ARE NOT , IMO ... UP TO THE JOB OF KEEPING A COCK SAFE WHILST LIVING ON A TEE - PEE

Posted Images

Game tethers For sale

Ideal for your game bird cocks !

£4 each pm if you are interested, pay with paypal please

The bird in the pic is not for sale !!!

any close up pics of the tethers by thereselves? how long are they and where about is the swivel situated on the tether

IAM AFRAID WHEN I KEPT GAMEFOWL .......

I CERTAINLY WOULDNT BE PUTTING A BIRD I VALUED ON SUCH TIE CORD , THEY ARE NOT , IMO ... UP TO THE JOB OF KEEPING A COCK SAFE WHILST LIVING ON A TEE - PEE ..... FROM WHAT I CAN SEE IN THE PHOTOS ,.....

CORDS ARE EASILY MADE IF YOU HAVE THE CORRECT MATERIALS AND KNOWLEDGE

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

• Like 1

I CERTAINLY WOULDNT BE PUTTING A BIRD I VALUED ON SUCH TIE CORD , THEY ARE NOT , IMO ... UP TO THE JOB OF KEEPING A COCK SAFE WHILST LIVING ON A TEE - PEE ..... FROM WHAT I CAN SEE IN THE PHOTOS ,.....

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

Ive never kept Gamefowl but i am around folk who do and i totally agree with the above..the cord/swivel and rabbit net ring dont look to be strong enough to hold an aggresive game bird back especially in close quarter's to another..

I would say if everything was upgraded with stronger material's then maybe.. :thumbs: .

MILLET ,

EVEN "IF " THE CONSTRUCTIONS UPGRADED ....

THE DESIGN OF THE HITCH IS MEANT TO BE MADE FROM TOP CLASS GRADE NEOPRENE , LEATHER IN THAT DESIGN OF HITCH IS NO GOOD , PLUS THE CORD HASNT BEEN PUT ON PROPERLY

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

Duckwing, being the fountain of knowledge that you are why dont you share as to where the lass has gone wrong and offer a little constructive input as so she can learn by the errors of her ways.

Maybe because holly is trying to make a quid or two you felt the need to be negative? I agree the chord should be tied a little different but " WHEN I WAS A LAD I TIED MANY A BIRD UP WITH A SIMILAR RIG" and they never came to any harm.

Perhaps not the correct thing to do in hindsight with todays animal welfare culture and also trying to make a quick quid but as a lad i used all sorts of stuff i had to hand, with very little pocket money or guidence i had to make do and learn. I used to use pieces of rubber and bailing twine to hold birds that would give your hand a good battering if you didnt get them by the legs quick enough, and which would also chase the dogs around the yard. No bird ever came to harm with my methods or with a similar device as pictured above. None of todays neoprene and fancy swivels with quick release safety watchymas!

Im not saying that no problems occour with the above rig and im sure that in some circumstances folk have undoubtably had issues and everybody has a tale to tell!

No i dont keep fowl any more and havent for a long time so cant really offer much in the way of up to date methods or advances in leg tethering technology( not mocking) all i have to offer are my experiences and my opinion.

Give us an insight as to your prefered method or " THE RIGHT WAY OF DOING IT "

:thumbs:

The one's i use are swiveled at both ends,next the tether and also where you fix the cord solid.I found that without a swivel at the cord end they would ware too easily and then accidents could happen,more so if you keep a lot on strings in a compound,they must be secure and checked regulary.

Perhaps you could post a pic of a decent one Duckwing,my cameras not working.

Do you not have any fowl now then?

WELL H/F & MOXY ,

I HAVE QUITE AFEW PICTURES OF TOP CLASS TIE - CORDS AND HITCHES

HOWEVER SINCE THE BOARD UP-DATE A WHILE AGO IVE BEEN UNABLE TO ADD PHOTOS , DONT KNOW WHY ?

IVE CONTACTED THE TECH WIZARD AND SEEMS THAT ITS BEATEN ...IANB ...AS WELL !!!......

WOULD I PUT A TOP CLASS HITCH UP EASILY MADE FROM LOCAL AVAILABLE MATERIALS ???? FOR SOMEONE TO MAKE A FORTUNE OUT OF ,,,,, SELLING TO GULLIBLE GREENHORNS ... NOPE :thumbdown:

SEEN THAT ONE DONE WITH THE SNARES FROM G.W. !

MOXY ........ BEING YOUNG ISNT AN EXCUSE FOR BEING STUPID MATE ,.......THERES A LOT OF ARSEHOLES DONT VALUE TWO THINGS IVE LOVED THROUGHOUT MY LIFE ,....... FERRETS THAT ARE CAPABLE OF PUTTING MORE BUNNYS IN THE BAG THAN MOST DOGS ....... AND GAMEFOWL , THESE ARE THE SAME ARSEHOLES THAT THINK THEY CAN GO AND PICK UP TOP CLASS STOCK ANYWHERE FOR PENNYS , YET DONT KNOW HOW TO BREED A LINE , FEED A LINE OR KEEP A LINE ........ THEY DONT KNOW THE FULL VALUE OF THE ABOVE , LET THEM BREED A LINE OR TWO FOR 30 YRS AND KEEP THEM CONSTANTLY AT THE TOP OF THE TREE ,.......GIVING CARE 24/7 365 DAYS A YEAR , AND SEE IF THEY CHANGE OPINION ......ON A BIRDS WORTH

GAMEFOWL MEN ARE BORN ....... NOT MADE , NO MATTER HOW MUCH MONEY OR " WANT " THEY HAVE ......

YES I MOSTLY MADE MY OWN TIE - CORDS , DUE TO COST FROM THE STATES WHEN BUYING BULK AND THE PAIN OF IMPORTING FROM THE ISLANDS AND FREQUENT CUSTOM SEARCHES AND SHIPPING CHARGES FROM THE LATTER ..........AND YES THEY WORKED AS WELL IF NOT BETTER THAN STORE BOUGHT TIE-CORDS .....

THERES A WHOLE LOAD OF DIFFERENCE IN WHATS REQUIRED IN A CORD WHEN A BIRDS LIVING ON A TEE-PEE IN A YARD , TO A LAD WHOS SUNNING A BIRD FOR AN HOUR ....

THE ADVICE I WILL GIVE ANYONE ........... IS ,

ALWAYS PUT A TOP CLASS TIE - CORD ON A GAMECOCK AND CHAIN & COLLAR ON A GAME DOG ,

DUCKWING :big_boss:

• Like 2

Good honest advice Duckwing, gleaned from practical experience. I have read the original reply you gave and I can only see you being honest, to the point yes, but as you say, or as I see you said, ignorance is no excuse, if someone is young and are not "guided" down the right track, then the track they are on will lead nowhere and they will be wasting their time, money and more importantly, a lot of stock. Put them on the right track early enough regarding the importance of attention to detail, not cutting corners, and #1 priority being welfare of bird or dog, and they may well become an asset to the breed and sport.

Nothing wrong with your post imo, just told straight.

Regards

B :thumbs:

• Like 1

I have a mate,he holds maybe three and a half thousand birds,makes all his own cords,he isnt on the phone as theres no reception in the middle of the boonies,but next time I see him I will get his pattern and post it up,I know they cost him pennies to make.

post-1930-0-37620100-1311414831_thumb.jpg

post-1930-0-84054800-1311414888_thumb.jpg

post-1930-0-56728900-1311414914_thumb.jpg