'European' Polecats.

1 things sure after reading the replies if u got a biter then u got the real deal ,if u dont then u have a dark ferret :whistling: so if u payed 40 for a nice dark kit that dont bite expecting a eu kit u got robbed :whistling:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Exactly, but then they KNOW it's a E.U polecat, cos the bloke they bought it off for 40 quid told them it was . . . . .   And when they breed it, that's what they will call it.   So i was just lo

Johnny Birks of The Vincent Wildlife Trust The polecat, the mammalogists' spiritual equivalent of the quintessentially Welsh Red Kite, is recovering well in Britain. That is one conclusion from a maj

Could not of put it better myself Ideation.   100's of years ferrets have been bred to do a job that suits us, usually taking them way beyond any natural instinct that a wild poley might have.   T

Posted Images

'f mac' timestamp='1311415286' post='2163247']

1 things sure after reading the replies if u got a biter then u got the real deal ,if u dont then u have a dark ferret :whistling: so if u payed 40 for a nice dark kit that dont bite expecting a eu kit u got robbed :whistling:

That sounds about rightthumbs.gif

Too much information there f mac :whistling: these peddlers are going to be asking even more for the kits now "IF THEY BITE"

Y.I.S Leeview

got myself some from sam30009 thanks top bloke

\

I got a pair from him last fall. They're very dark, excellent quality with outstanding temperaments, and their kits are still very black at almost 10 weeks old. So far the kits are very people oriented and easy to handle by everyone.

\

I got a pair from him last fall. They're very dark, excellent quality with outstanding temperaments, and their kits are still very black at almost 10 weeks old. So far the kits are very people oriented and easy to handle by everyone.

So you bred them in their first season then . . . . . . money money money. . . .

\

So you bred them in their first season then . . . . . . money money money. . . .

If your not interested in buying one, why let it bother you so much? We like and want them so will pay the money we think they are worth to us.

\

If your not interested in buying one, why let it bother you so much? We like and want them so will pay the money we think they are worth to us.

So you think it's ok to go out and buy a 'breeding pair' of e.u poleys and breed them 1st year, and punt on the offspring for top price? What do you reckon this will do to them as a 'working' animal?

'Excellent quality' - as in very dark . . . . . .because we all know that the way an animal looks is the most important thing in breeding it.

Remember this is a WORKING ferret forum.

They were a year and a half old when I got them. I had been looking for ones of their type and quality with good temperaments for almost 3 years, so was delighted that he allowed me to have them as I had wanted them ever since I saw pics of them at 6 months old.

I'm growing out the two best hobs, the jill in the litter is going on a breeding agreement to a friend who has two others from me, and the remaining kits are priced the same as I regularly sell my kits for.

'ferret lady' timestamp='1311458629' post='2164384']

'scottish hare hunter' timestamp='1311375198' post='2162905']

Aye hes a good bloke im sorry he's giving it up ,Still got his apprentice though DOGGER :laugh:

They were a year and a half old when I got them. I had been looking for ones of their type and quality with good temperaments for almost 3 years, so was delighted that he allowed me to have them as I had wanted them ever since I saw pics of them at 6 months old.

I'm growing out the two best hobs, the jill in the litter is going on a breeding agreement to a friend who has two others from me, and the remaining kits are priced the same as I regularly sell my kits for.

When you say 'best', 'type', 'quality' etc, do you mean the way they look?

So how 'regularly' do you sell kits?

The "best" ones are the ones closest to polecat type, balance, structure, and muscling, with good hunting instincts and stable temperaments, combined with people oriented personalities. "Quality" is the result of overall balance and how well all the parts fit together, as well as an attitude of self confidence. The "type" I'm looking for is the true polecat type...short backed, stocky, and very well muscled. I'd like to see the true polecat type head with the frontally placed eyes, but that seems to be extremely rare in the UK, including among those supposed to be pure polecats.

I breed a litter when I think the breeding pair have the potential to produce as good or better quality, type, and temperament as they are. I grow out at least one or two kits in each litter, as I breed what I like and enjoy living with...I don't breed primarily to sell kits. Potential owners of the kits are screened carefully to be sure that the kits will have proper care and a lifetime home. My sales agreement states that the kit must be returned to me if the buyer no longer can keep it. I guarantee temperament, as well as health through 6 years of age re the typical ferret diseases (adrenal, insulinoma, cardiomyopathy, and lymphoma) plus any congenital defect not apparent at the time of sale.

Edited by ferret lady

The "best" ones are the ones closest to polecat type, balance, structure, and muscling, with good hunting instincts and stable temperaments, combined with people oriented personalities. "Quality" is the result of overall balance and how well all the parts fit together, as well as an attitude of self confidence. The "type" I'm looking for is the true polecat type...short backed, stocky, and very well muscled. I'd like to see the true polecat type head with the frontally placed eyes, but that seems to be extremely rare in the UK, including among thosE[ supposed to be pure POLECATS.]

I breed a litter when I think the breeding pair have the potential to produce as good or better quality, type, and temperament as they are. I grow out at least one or two kits in each litter, as I breed what I like and enjoy living with...I don't breed primarily to sell kits. Potential owners of the kits are screened carefully to be sure that the kits will have proper care and a lifetime home. My sales agreement states that the kit must be returned to me if the buyer no longer can keep it. I guarantee temperament, as well as health through 6 years of age re the[ typical FERRET diseases ](adrenal, insulinoma, cardiomyopathy, and lymphoma) plus any congenital defect not apparent at the time of sale.

so what your saying is there not polecats but ferrets BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION EXTREMLEY RARE IN THE UK :blink: