norfolk lurcher

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ring geoff hes a expert 01933 381089 make shore you have creadit on your phone

My brother went down to Norfolk and bought a cracking looking rough coated, blue, "Norfolk Lurcher". It was a handy dog, and when it died he replaced it with an exact replica from Durham..... Doe's th

Norfolk Lurcher...just get a rough coated wheaton coloured lurcher and bobs yer uncle...ready made norfolk

Posted Images

I see a couple lads are saying the Tumbler line is just a load of rubbish an that the breed is dead.

I would like to ask you lads whats your opinions on the minshaw strain... Because in my eyes it seems like very

similar circumstances... Cheers..

you wanting a reaction shanded lol

No. me? Never!!!.. When I read birds reply it was interesting an made alot of sense he basically says when your keepin a line you after inject some new blood from time to time which basically thins out the original blood in the dogs.

Now a Norfolk tumbler was or still is a strain of lurcher, an I bet the dogs that are apart of the strain all look an have similarities. Yet people on this thread have come out an had there opinions on a Norfolk tumbler, I would just like some opinions on the 21st century minshaw... Me personally just think that alot of people on this forum actually know what am gettin at but just don't get involved Incase they get the minshaw brigade on there backs.. Lol

Cheers.. SHanded. .

• Like 1

I see a couple lads are saying the Tumbler line is just a load of rubbish an that the breed is dead.

I would like to ask you lads whats your opinions on the minshaw strain... Because in my eyes it seems like very

similar circumstances... Cheers..

you wanting a reaction shanded lol

No. me? Never!!!.. When I read birds reply it was interesting an made alot of sense he basically says when your keepin a line you after inject some new blood from time to time which basically thins out the original blood in the dogs.

Now a Norfolk tumbler was or still is a strain of lurcher, an I bet the dogs that are apart of the strain all look an have similarities. Yet people on this thread have come out an had there opinions on a Norfolk tumbler, I would just like some opinions on the 21st century minshaw... Me personally just think that alot of people on this forum actually know what am gettin at but just don't get involved Incase they get the minshaw brigade on there backs.. Lol

Cheers.. SHanded. .

haha................

send 1 my way shanded i will give you my opinion lol

atb

ring geoff hes a expert 01933 381089

:toast: make shore you have creadit on your phone :thumbs:

And f**k me the man can talk! And not only that but he can talk for hours! And not only that but he can talk for hours about complete bollocks! And not only that but he can talk for hours about complete bollocks AND manage to avoid every single one of your "difficult" questions! And then talk bollocks for even more hours! Lol!

• Like 1

And f**k me the man can talk! And not only that but he can talk for hours! And not only that but he can talk for hours about complete bollocks! And not only that but he can talk for hours about complete bollocks AND manage to avoid every single one of your "difficult" questions! And then talk bollocks for even more hours! Lol!

Was it you that spoke to him DMagic? If it was how long where you on the phone for?

Seen a couple of dogs off Mick Douglas back in the day, they were what I knew as Norfolk Lurchers, they could kill hares but the onslaught of the Saluki lurcher made 'em almost thing of the past. Think Stabba's hit the nail on the head with the type too. I'm sure there were strains of big rough coated dogs out of that area that lent themselves to the name but those lines are long diluted i'd bet and really, if they were that good they wouldn't have got knocked off their perch by the dogs from the East :yes: But for those that want to dream, they are out there somwhere... :hmm: Awaiting a major comback, but this time its only for the money...! :laugh:

As for Norfolk Tumblers, well to me they are a recent invention, never heard of 'em 25+ years ago and the above still applies. :doh:

As for todays Minshaws... Well I can totaly see where your coming from SH and your probably right but it's sommat I ain't gonna loose any sleep over. :D

:thumbs:

• Like 1

Was it you that spoke to him DMagic? If it was how long where you on the phone for?

I have been unfortunate enough to of endured a phone conversation with mr burrell after he put an ad in the cuntrymans weekly and i dont know how long i was on the phone to him for but it was a long time and everytime i tried to make my excuses and hang up he would go off on another tangent and blab for ages more! Lol! I dont remember much of the conversation but he did say something about "a leg on each corner", huskys not being obedient but his one was, he has bred 2 types a big one and a small one, he knows of a litter, the waiting list is full at the moment (to which i replied "why did you put an ad in the paper then" and he managed to change the subject again! Lol! It just went on and on and on and on...............................

next time your talking to him ask him how the husky came in to his lines . it was from a mate of mine d ms who bred the origanel litter .nothing to do with norfolk lurchers lol.

he told me about the husky side of it.he said his mate would walk passed this vet every day and the dog was always on the leader,anyway 1 day his mate asked why dont you let the dog off for a run around and the vet replied [i cant as the dog has dropped 2 deer and the keeper caught him and said if i see that dog off the lead again i will shoot it].so his mate put it over his bitch as it done deer.thats what geff told me anyway and it was a long time ago so there shouldnt be any husky blood in the make of any of geffs dogs now.

• Like 1

depends what you mean a norfolk lurcher my veiw is a roughcoated lurcher PUPPY PEDDLERS ££££££££££££ will use names to make money if a name comes befor a dogs breding its a get up :thumbs: but just my view and iam allways wrong

i meen the ones jeff breeds

i have 1 here mate and he is 7yrs this yr and he has done everything you as of him.look on the smithfield thread and you will see a pic of him.

• 5 months later...

Seen a couple of dogs off Mick Douglas back in the day, they were what I knew as Norfolk Lurchers, they could kill hares but the onslaught of the Saluki lurcher made 'em almost thing of the past. Think Stabba's hit the nail on the head with the type too. I'm sure there were strains of big rough coated dogs out of that area that lent themselves to the name but those lines are long diluted i'd bet and really, if they were that good they wouldn't have got knocked off their perch by the dogs from the East :yes: But for those that want to dream, they are out there somwhere... :hmm: Awaiting a major comback, but this time its only for the money...! laugh.gif

As for Norfolk Tumblers, well to me they are a recent invention, never heard of 'em 25+ years ago and the above still applies. :doh:

As for todays Minshaws... Well I can totaly see where your coming from SH and your probably right but it's sommat I ain't gonna loose any sleep over. biggrin.gif

:thumbs:

Spot on ..... :D

next time your talking to him ask him how the husky came in to his lines . it was from a mate of mine d ms who bred the origanel litter .nothing to do with norfolk lurchers lol.

he told me about the husky side of it.he said his mate would walk passed this vet every day and the dog was always on the leader,anyway 1 day his mate asked why dont you let the dog off for a run around and the vet replied [i cant as the dog has dropped 2 deer and the keeper caught him and said if i see that dog off the lead again i will shoot it].so his mate put it over his bitch as it done deer.thats what geff told me anyway and it was a long time ago so there shouldnt be any husky blood in the make of any of geffs dogs now.

funny little thread there.......put it over as it "Done deer"......mint ... :thumbs: