benifits to a long tail on a dog

there was a saying years ago havnt herd it for a while .. and it was .something like . always look for a running dog with a bit of tail on it!. a good long tail, was thought to be a sighn of good speed and good turning ability

i still prefer a dog with a long tail .,, ;)

Guest born to run1083

there was a saying years ago havnt herd it for a while .. and it was .something like . always look for a running dog with a bit of tail on it!. a good long tail, was thought to be a sighn of good speed and good turning ability

only if that was true lol my bitches tail touches the floor but she's as fast as a badger and turns like the titanic :) must just be my luck

only if that was true lol my bitches tail touches the floor but she's as fast as a badger and turns like the titanic :) must just be my luck

well that made me laff anyway :laugh::thumbs:

Haha

ALRIGHT GIRLS.

WHEN CHOOSING A PUP I ALWAYS,TAKE TAIL LENGTH A MAJOR FACTOR.

TAIL,S THERE FOR BALLANCE.

LONGER/FASTER /AGILITY ,HEART IS A DIFFERENT MATTER.

SEEN A SAL/GREW BACK IN THE 90,S 3/3 DOG NO TAIL JRT MATERIAL CHOPPED IN THE BOOT.

DOG STILL SLAUGHTERD HARES.

the tail does affect a lurchers balance when striking and turnning my pal has a bitch and when she was a pup he caught her tail in the booth of the car and its craced and a bit limp she cant move it very well and shes forever rolling over when going down for the strike r when makeing a sharp turn.

Edited by mighty celt

From my experience tale length doesn't make a difference, the well known dog Rooster had a shortish tale and I've had a couple of good dogs with shortish tails , one good dog I had, had his tail amputated half way up, made no difference at all.