night vision

I had Dipol D-143 Gen 1 on a Rapid Mk1 and it was really good, could get up really close to your quarry. Excellent for rabbits.

Mine was fairly heavy and on the Rapid which is quite a heavy rifle :icon_eek: , you didn't want to be walking far :no: . I paid £300 plus for mine as it was virtually new and came with additional IR and a doubler (x3 to X6 B) ).

Have to say though, I'm a bit old school and went back to lamping in the end, but never regretted buying it. A mate of mine uses a hand held NV that he bought from Lidl for fifty quid :icon_eek: . Right place right time...........Al :victory:

Edited by mad al
Guest The Shaman

I'e been toying with the idea for a while, but waiting for the price to come down. Have a mate who uses one regularly who says they are ok as long as you get a good IR illuminator as the bog standard ones are crap.

I like the lamp, but would consider one of those hand held thingemyjigs for the right price (£50 from Lidl sounds a deffo) just to get me near enough then on with the lamp and the rest is in the bag.

The only question is how do you zero them in, can't use them in full daylight properly and trying to zero in at 25 yards in the dark with NV sounds a pain.

I have the hand held lidi one,

you can focus it in, in the day time, as it comes with a pinhole cap so light cannot get in, but you can focus it, you cant use it by zero'ing it in, but used in conjunction with a lamp makes a good combinatation

use the hand held to spot them and approach in darkness, then turn on the lamp and shoot

I zeroed mine in a shed, we're lucky enough to have one cow shed size :icon_eek: . Put the rifle in a "workmate", fired it at a cross on a big board, lights on, then zeroed it from there :yes: . OK outdoors if you have a floodlight and use the same principal................Al :thumbs-up:

I have a GEN1 night vision scope, MINI OSPREY with doubler and extra 100w I/R only been used about 6 times. Its been on my deadly rapid 7 used for rats in farm sheds. Boy the rats don't even know your there in pitch black untill the pellet hits um lol. All boxed and cased too smile.gif Cost me just over £760

Wat i'm after is a MTC Viper 4x16x50 scope in part ex

Or sell the nv set up cash £300+pp

Bry

I have a GEN1 night vision scope, MINI OSPREY with doubler and extra 100w I/R only been used about 6 times. Its been on my deadly rapid 7 used for rats in farm sheds. Boy the rats don't even know your there in pitch black untill the pellet hits um lol. All boxed and cased too smile.gif Cost me just over £760

Bry

is that a yukon?just read up on them sounds good.

wish i had 300 quid burning a hole in my pocket :D

Bry

is that a yukon?just read up on them sounds good.

wish i had 300 quid burning a hole in my pocket :D

simular to to yukon but its got the doubler and extra infra red lamp, for the air rifle in the dark can't beat it on rats u'll double [bANNED TEXT] kill ratio only yukon for £100 are the monoculal nv hand held (not scope)

Bry

if your going to go for gen 1 then go for nv XVD-04 night vision attachment

it fits on the back of your scope so you can use the zoom on your scope

i had one about year ago its good up to about 30/40 yards for rabbits

but if you use it with a lamp and IR filter like i did then its ok out to about 75 yards+

if your like me and got £500 then get the new Gb Digital Sight

its the best thing out there in gen1 getting close to gen2

rabbits clear as a bell way over 175yrds

here a like to gb digtal sight Gb Digital Sight

and a link to what the scope can do nv scope

Bry

Is that an attachment or fixed scope