Roe stags

snuff

Give these a try. Euston Estate, its just up the road from you.

Deer Management

The Estate supports a large population of red, roe and muntjac deer. only

Email: eustondeerhunting@yahoo.co.uk

Post: Estate Office, Euston, Thetford, Norfolk, IP24 2QP.

Telephone: 01842 766366

Fax: 01842 766764

http://www.eustonhall.co.uk/estate/index.php?page=conservation_game

This may be of interest as I have shot at Euston many times.

I sell the venison as above, local butchers pay me £1.10 a lb which is what I expect.

I have not sold to a gamedealer now for about 7 years (since i got a chiller) and if markets flooded I skin myself and pay rent with it.

I think most guides let their clients take the venison, sometimes its included in the price of the stalk. Make sure you ask before you book then there are no supprises.

Joking aside Snuff, I have picked clients up from the airport and also get alot drive over on the ferry.

But if you p.m. me I have good contacts down south and will put you onto trustworthy guides with plenty of deer and experience in your neck of the woods.

Have you any grass landing strips nearby, I was considering flying up myself.

Magdon has given me one website address in the south but it would be such an adventure to fly up and hunt.

yes a couple, thanks for the pm we can maybe sort something out.

is it helicopter or light plane??

I sell the venison as above, local butchers pay me £1.10 a lb which is what I expect.

I have not sold to a gamedealer now for about 7 years (since i got a chiller) and if markets flooded I skin myself and pay rent with it.

I think most guides let their clients take the venison, sometimes its included in the price of the stalk. Make sure you ask before you book then there are no supprises.

Joking aside Snuff, I have picked clients up from the airport and also get alot drive over on the ferry.

But if you p.m. me I have good contacts down south and will put you onto trustworthy guides with plenty of deer and experience in your neck of the woods.

Magdon has given me one website address in the south but it would be such an adventure to fly up and hunt.

If he can I can

Edited by Caprelous

Well I have a plane but my chum has a helicopter so which ever is best. And I maybe in a position to visit your friend caprelous if hes not too far away. I dont know what else to do as you have all made me so welcome on your site. I must consider all the options.

you have p.m.

Stu i'm sure will be your best bet I am fully booked up end of july and most of august sorry, its the roe rut and the foreign clients book it a year ahead.

I have spaces later but if you are free when you say you are stu has the experience and land to do some calling for you.

regards john

you have p.m.

Stu i'm sure will be your best bet I am fully booked up end of july and most of august sorry, its the roe rut and the foreign clients book it a year ahead.

I have spaces later but if you are free when you say you are stu has the experience and land to do some calling for you.

regards john

Can you tell me more about this calling lark? I take it you need a natty piece of equipment for that. I take it Stu is Caprelous, would I be correct in my assumption?

yes, calling is usually done with mouth or hand calls.

there is a feature written by a few guides (i'm one) in the next issue of sporting rifle magazine.

its a roe special.

A celeb, wonderful. And this magazine would it be worth buying? and one other point, would it be possible to be filmed while hunting?

you have p.m.

regards john

Can you tell me more about this calling lark? I take it you need a natty piece of equipment for that. I take it Stu is Caprelous, would I be correct in my assumption?

You would be correct .

PM me and I will try to sort something out for you. As I would need to travel up to meet you or to get my friend who lives locally in Dumfries to meet you and take you out.

Re calling and sophisticated equipment to call not really some guys can call them with a blade of grass, something I have yet to personally master there are numerous calls on the market but the easiest to use is a Butaloe call consisting of a rubber build and a sqeeck trumpet.

I will be up there again in approx 3 weeks when the ruts on but if you need to go before let me know and I will give you my friends number who is also a DMQ assesor with whom I also stalk with.

Regards

Stu

you have p.m.

regards john

You would be correct .

PM me and I will try to sort something out for you. As I would need to travel up to meet you or to get my friend who lives locally in Dumfries to meet you and take you out.

Re calling and sophisticated equipment to call not really some guys can call them with a blade of grass, something I have yet to personally master there are numerous calls on the market but the easiest to use is a Butaloe call consisting of a rubber build and a sqeeck trumpet.

I will be up there again in approx 3 weeks when the ruts on but if you need to go before let me know and I will give you my friends number who is also a DMQ assesor with whom I also stalk with.

You could fly in to Parton Airport if you arrange it with Peter Jackson of Jackson Rifles who owns the air strip.

Regards

Stu

Wonderful, Let me consider.

Hey guys i didnt want to start a whole new thread so i thought i'd ask here if thats alright

Pretty much the same as the original, have no rifle (never really shot) want to have a go at a deer or something, anyone know anywhere near North London?

And from reading this thread alone i'm starting to learn theres alot more to this then "see deer, shoot deer" is there any help/advice/books etc or any threads on here you guys can recommend on all this stalking stuff? As you can probably tell im a complete newbie to all this. Thanks muchly!

Hey guys i didnt want to start a whole new thread so i thought i'd ask here if thats alright

Pretty much the same as the original, have no rifle (never really shot) want to have a go at a deer or something, anyone know anywhere near North London?

And from reading this thread alone i'm starting to learn theres alot more to this then "see deer, shoot deer" is there any help/advice/books etc or any threads on here you guys can recommend on all this stalking stuff? As you can probably tell im a complete newbie to all this. Thanks muchly!

Well done I am new too. There are some great guys on here and have made me feel really welcome. John and Stu have been very helpful and that Magdon is a real joker.