low powered rifle

I am looking for a rifle that i can use for shooting magpies and crows out of trees what rifle would be safe to use in this situtation

only a air rifel sub 12 flb would do the job as most 22lr subs will travel 2 far or a shot gun would do as well

i read an article in the sporting gun there recently about shooting branchers and it mentioned the use of a low powered rifles for this purpose surely if it wasnt safe they wouldnt be condoning the use of such rifles

you can get special rounds for a .22 rimfire.bb caps are 15.5 grn tips traveling at 887 fps or cb caps 16 .1 grns at 959 fps.they are desighned for a alternative to air rifle fac but to be honest i'm not sure were you stand legally and they are not as accurate as a good air rifle.perhaps some knowledgable chap can offer some experience with this round and say were you stand legally .i would be interested to know as it is a big advantage to owning a .22

cheers mike

Edited by zx10mike

I have used the Caps on a tricky permission for rabbits.

I re-sighted the gun at the local range - the caps were 4" low at 40 yards (from memory). Accuracy was not as good as ordinary subs and this with the lower power restricted the range considerably. There was also the occasional flyer - say 1 in 10

There seemed to be far less ricochets in the field .

Would I point them up a tree - not if I had an air rifle.