best pre-charged for rabbits.

What is the best pre-charged for rabbits and what calibre also standard or carbine. I like lighter air rifles, any price. thanks.

youde be better putting this in the air rifle section.

What is the best pre-charged for rabbits and what calibre also standard or carbine. I like lighter air rifles, any price. thanks.

use whatever you find comortable and can hit the target every time, biggest problem will be finding the right pellet for the gun you choose, good start would be a AA s200 from my experience with AA field pellets, as for calibre the .22 has a lot of thump but for me i find a .177 easier to use over a longer spread of ranges as there is`nt as much of a curve on the pellet travel and at the end of the day a pellet through the brain will kill every time no matter the size

Anyting that fire's a pellet out at sub12ftlb no matter the calibre.

Depends what you like, Carbines will not have the shot count per fill of a standard rifle, however unless you have a bunny metropolis as a permission both should see you through a hunting trip ok. Yesterday I was out with a Daystate X2 rifle in .177 (.177 uses more air than a .22) and did not have to refill on a day long hunting trip (5 kits, 2 adult rabbits, a pigeon and a magpie as well - left the damned camera at home)! Find what works best for you, .177 is easier to shoot, but you have to be a damned site more accurate with it, a .22 is like using a housebrick compared to the finesse required for using a .177.

There are bargains to be had including new BSA Scorpion multi shots from only £399, new from a very major dealer, so get looking, try a few out, see what feels comfortable to you. A gun someone loves somebody else may dislike immensely, so get one you can get the penny sized grouping with at 30 metres, practise and get out there!

ull find that most pcps are more accurate than the shooter .....ive never had a inaccurate one anyway

its all down to what you want and what ur buget is.....a top of the range gun wont kill a rabbit and better

than a cheap gun.... :thumbs:

now the question is what pellets you going to be using :whistling::laugh:

I sell a lot of what you may call cheap air rifles but the best sellers i have sold value for money models for hunting are in the SMK 208 range and the hatsan 60s in .22 .

I know all the boys who have spent hundreds of pounds on the uk and euro brands may be spluttering looking at this post but some of these imported Chinese and Turkish models really have improved over the past few years .

Look at the 208 range from Smk and you will see a powerful well built and accurate air rifle available in four models and an average power output of 11.7 flbs

Check out the review in Julys airgun shooter mag you will see it all in there .

I have customers reporting back on successful lamping forays and large bags of bunnies for the freezer .

I also can recommend the hatsan AT 44x-10 pcp at £295 they offer fantastic value for money as a ten shot pcp I have sold a lot of these recently in .22 and my customers a raving about them .

As for pellets give the thunderbolt pellets a try also known as air bullets , my customers love them saying that they are hard hitting and have a good flat trajectory .

For precharged Its up to your budget go for the best supplier you can afford but always ring the importer if you can to check on availability of spares before you buy .

You will also have to budget for a pump or a divers bottle and a set of gauges to keep it filled with air and if you have nippers in the house probably a gun cabinet to lock it up in due to the new laws on air gun access .

Another lover of the Turkish delights...

55s and 60s are basically a Webley Stingray, but with a much better safety switch!

The AT44 is basically a Webley Raider, but is a great gun! The .177 is harder to find but they are out there...

Edited by secretagentmole

i had a air arms s410 xtra fac for bunnys class gun but over prised had it for 4 years killed manny bunnys with it .

then i sold it and bought a ruger 10-22 22lr and well for half the money of a pcp u have a real bunny basher so take my advice dont bother with a air rifel get a 22 lr with a silencer and it will b quiter than any air gun and perfect for bunnys