Lack of understanding!

Should have seen the blokes face when me and my dad took my English bull terrier round to him and said you like aggressive dogs than let's see which is best yours or mine he said sorry I'll keep my distance I want no trouble let's

just say he don't come near me no more and I carry a little wooden baseball bat down the back of my coat just if an aggressive dog comes by.

Id fancy a spaniel against 99% of ebt,s these days :D

tell ya what mate that spaniel is a f**king tank

Yeah I do carry a little wooden bat but I think il just carry a large stick out my garden it attracts less attension cos I got alot of people watching me all the time lol

I would say 8/10 dogs round my way are aggressive it's

horrible cos the owners don't give a f**k.

If you want to carry something with you while walking the dogs then get yourself a nice walking stick. I got one recently because of my bad leg playing up on long walks. Personally wouldn't use it to hit anything unless there were no other options but its handy for using as a barrier.

• Like 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does anyone else find it staggering what lack of understanding and sheer lack of common sense some people have regarding dogs?   I put a post on here a while ago about a lad in my office who bought

I honestly don't think there is answer. All licensing would do is cost people money. I have met lots of rich people in my life and not many of them had any brains.   I have never seen the fascinatio

There's half the problem: "They were really cute". These idjits see a luvly likkle furwwy pupsy wupsy, and . . . fools rush in. The cute pup turns into a big energenetic adult that needs a lot of exer

80% of dog owners havent got a clue and never get to know there dogs they get over charged by vets because they know nothing and believe everything .just look at some of the posts on this site you can tell these people have only had dogs a few years when there asking questions they should know the answer to

F**king hate this bloke round my way cos he has an aggresive spaniel type dog he has it on a long rope lead he always walks by me and let's out full lead so the dog can come up to me and my pup.

He did it on day down the woods it lunged at my pup so I give it a kick in the face he said why did ya hurt my dog I said it's aggressive and you still let it up close to dogs . I said let it near me again and I'll kick it's teeth out he said that I was aggressive and I abuse animals the d**k

He did it again a week later on a path way I was stood facing away from him talking to a mate and I herd a noise behind me he let the dog off lead it was come running down path towards me so I grabbed my pup give it to my mate and waited for the dog it jumped up at me so I got it by the scruff of the neck and held it in the air the bloke said what the you doing let him go or I smack ya lol I'm

only 15 so I said go on mate I have witnisses to back me up he said I don't give a f**k so I gave him the dog.

Should have seen the blokes face when me and my dad took my English bull terrier round to him and said you like aggressive dogs than let's see which is best yours or mine he said sorry I'll keep my distance I want no trouble let's

just say he don't come near me no more and I carry a little wooden baseball bat down the back of my coat just if an aggressive dog comes by.

:icon_eek:

Edited by rob190364

We had a belter today ended in a right barney lol me raging like a bull and Andy with that worried look upon his face lol.Two kids 5 maybe 6 years old with not one but 4 staffie types.Walking with my lot and one hits the fan and gives it laldi now the fence is a walk around thing so by now i dont even wanna think how this will end.Storm who wasnt bothering his arse till now lunges and nearly takes Andy with him at the fence flint gets all growly and angry and starts to try and walk round i scream at her she comes back the other 2 decide this is fun and get round fence dogs swinging from leads im screaming at the kids get hold of those dogs NOW theyre friendly im pointing out one of mine really isnt and one isnt up to it and the other one might just answer back as well.My dad will soon sort it off goes stroppy kid lol returns with a weasle of a man who gets both barrels as im now standing with 3 of the 4 dogs screaming about him letting kids walk any dog nevermind a f*****g staffy he claims hes gonna call the cops told him id do it for him as mine are on lead one muzzled the other being carried and his are off lead outside under the control of minors.My kids are perfectly capable LMFAO no matter how much i pointed out the potential of this situation he didnt get it explained it all again about how my dog isnt friendly and doesnt like staffies and my dogs the dangerous one LOL mines on a lead and muzzled dipshit.with people like that in the world who needs f*****g terrorists

wow that is some read :blink:

it's like one of them puzzles....rearrange these words to make a story!

We had a belter today ended in a right barney lol me raging like a bull and Andy with that worried look upon his face lol.Two kids 5 maybe 6 years old with not one but 4 staffie types.Walking with my lot and one hits the fan and gives it laldi now the fence is a walk around thing so by now i dont even wanna think how this will end.Storm who wasnt bothering his arse till now lunges and nearly takes Andy with him at the fence flint gets all growly and angry and starts to try and walk round i scream at her she comes back the other 2 decide this is fun and get round fence dogs swinging from leads im screaming at the kids get hold of those dogs NOW theyre friendly im pointing out one of mine really isnt and one isnt up to it and the other one might just answer back as well.My dad will soon sort it off goes stroppy kid lol returns with a weasle of a man who gets both barrels as im now standing with 3 of the 4 dogs screaming about him letting kids walk any dog nevermind a f*****g staffy he claims hes gonna call the cops told him id do it for him as mine are on lead one muzzled the other being carried and his are off lead outside under the control of minors.My kids are perfectly capable LMFAO no matter how much i pointed out the potential of this situation he didnt get it explained it all again about how my dog isnt friendly and doesnt like staffies and my dogs the dangerous one LOL mines on a lead and muzzled dipshit.with people like that in the world who needs f*****g terrorists

wow that is some read :blink:

it's like one of them puzzles....rearrange these words to make a story!

Maybe it's some kind of secret code :crazy:

I have a neighbour who saw the film Bombón El Perro last year and spent all of two weeks "researching" the Dogo Argentino (looking at photos on the internet was the extent of his investigations I think), before buying one from Madrid. He told me that he paid more for the transport than for the dog herself (obviously a sign of real quality breeding lol). Considering he already had a bad natured Lab and absolutely horrible little terrier type thing, both of which he left on the street all day long, I thought I had better take some magazines I had on the breed so that he had an idea about what having such a dog entails. Off I went, keen to educate him about the Dogo...after perusing the pics (I honestly don't think he even bothered with the text) he says "Can I keep the posters?". FFS, this guy's about 30 and he wants to put posters on his wall of a breed he's only been into for a fortnight. Anyway, as I feared, he leaves her free on the street and, although she's a lovely dog, I'm sure people strolling by do not appreciate a huge dog like this bounding up to them.

He has just covered her with a gigantic Dogo from a neighbouring village, so I'm expecting nothing but trouble for the breed now; loads of absolute idiots will pick one up for 150 euros and fail to contain or control them; additionally, nothing is really known about either parent's temperament etc and it'll be responsible people like myself who get hassle off the Guardia for our choice of dogs (I have a few different dogs at the mo, one of which is a Dogo). I find myself having to go out at 2 am to keep my dogs out of mischief as there are often in excess of 30 stray dogs (everything including Pits, German Shepherds and a roving Rottweiler as well) in the village. The frustrating thing for us is that 5 years ago when we moved here it was an idyllic little Med village and then slowly "tough" dogs became very fashionable and clueless motherf*c*ers like the above gent get themselves dogs that they don't know how to own. In the 40 degree summer I have to go out with steel toe-cap boots cos there's a pretty high probability that we'll have some kind of disagreeable encounter with out-of-control mutts and my smaller Podencos wouldn't stand a chance against any sizeable aggressor.

Anyway, rather than just moaning I went to speak to the mayoress yesterday, and she seems to think that the cops will start picking up the dogs and fining the owners although I reckon that they'll only act once a nipper gets attacked or something equally awful. Then, like I say, proper owners like ourselves, who train, control and exercise our dogs safely will be the ones having to explain ourselves to the authorities just to own our choice of dog. So, to the OP, I'm afraid this lack of understanding is the world over; complete f*c*wits making other people's lives hell.

I have a neighbour who saw the film Bombón El Perro last year and spent all of two weeks "researching" the Dogo Argentino (looking at photos on the internet was the extent of his investigations I think), before buying one from Madrid. He told me that he paid more for the transport than for the dog herself (obviously a sign of real quality breeding lol). Considering he already had a bad natured Lab and absolutely horrible little terrier type thing, both of which he left on the street all day long, I thought I had better take some magazines I had on the breed so that he had an idea about what having such a dog entails. Off I went, keen to educate him about the Dogo...after perusing the pics (I honestly don't think he even bothered with the text) he says "Can I keep the posters?". FFS, this guy's about 30 and he wants to put posters on his wall of a breed he's only been into for a fortnight. Anyway, as I feared, he leaves her free on the street and, although she's a lovely dog, I'm sure people strolling by do not appreciate a huge dog like this bounding up to them.

He has just covered her with a gigantic Dogo from a neighbouring village, so I'm expecting nothing but trouble for the breed now; loads of absolute idiots will pick one up for 150 euros and fail to contain or control them; additionally, nothing is really known about either parent's temperament etc and it'll be responsible people like myself who get hassle off the Guardia for our choice of dogs (I have a few different dogs at the mo, one of which is a Dogo). I find myself having to go out at 2 am to keep my dogs out of mischief as there are often in excess of 30 stray dogs (everything including Pits, German Shepherds and a roving Rottweiler as well) in the village. The frustrating thing for us is that 5 years ago when we moved here it was an idyllic little Med village and then slowly "tough" dogs became very fashionable and clueless motherf*c*ers like the above gent get themselves dogs that they don't know how to own. In the 40 degree summer I have to go out with steel toe-cap boots cos there's a pretty high probability that we'll have some kind of disagreeable encounter with out-of-control mutts and my smaller Podencos wouldn't stand a chance against any sizeable aggressor.

Anyway, rather than just moaning I went to speak to the mayoress yesterday, and she seems to think that the cops will start picking up the dogs and fining the owners although I reckon that they'll only act once a nipper gets attacked or something equally awful. Then, like I say, proper owners like ourselves, who train, control and exercise our dogs safely will be the ones having to explain ourselves to the authorities just to own our choice of dog. So, to the OP, I'm afraid this lack of understanding is the world over; complete f*c*wits making other people's lives hell.

f'ckin hell!!! and here's us moaning about granny ethel not controlling her nasty yorkie! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I really do dispair with some of the pet dog owners about, where I walk it just seems to be people with fat labs and springers etc. There is a bloke over the road who just lets his fat lab wander up the road when he is doing stuff and the garage door is open, there are also neightbours a few doors up who are foreign and hate dogs so its fun when the lab ends up in their garden :laugh:

There is also a woman I used to be friends with who has two VERY fat labd and a dog and people agressive terrierish type dog, who has the nerve to tell me im cruel to my dogs for training them out of their issues and exercising them. I let my lurcher run free apparently its irresponsible (although he comes when called) and my others compete in lure racing etc (apparently dangerous, cruel and they may hurt/over stain themselfs).

I have also been told off by my vets for having a "thin" rottweiler, this was a rottie who weighed 35kg and had no visible ribs BUT had a waist :o

I wonder if people have gotten so used to the "fat pet dog" thats now what people expect, I also wonder if part of the reason they have the dog so fat is so its calmer and more controled than a fit dog.

I thought that was a great film. I'd love to see it again.